Forums

Horse Antepost

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
soldieroffortune
12 May 10 22:12
| Topic/replies: 6,007 | Blogger: soldieroffortune's blog
Superb performance there at Naas tonight to build upon his debut win at Leop the last day.

He’s a fine looking colt and a beautifully bred individual as a Dansili out of a Machiavellian mare. He’ll take a world of beating there at Royal Ascot.

Good to see one of this quality so early in the season and he looks a real prospect for the Guineas next year.

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 4  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 130
By:
keynes1
When: 12 May 10 22:15
soldier, how do you think Cape Blanco will fare tomorrow? Is he ready do you think?
By:
Swinia
When: 12 May 10 22:17
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz give it a rest will ya !! do you not think there would be something wrong if a horse out of Ballydoyle wasn't "beautifully bred".... who really gives a monkeys... Tabor probably did his dough in on the "beautifully bred" filly in the first in NAAS....[>o]
By:
Fran Merida
When: 12 May 10 22:20
O'Briens Mini Me.
By:
soldieroffortune
When: 12 May 10 22:20
I know for sure that his setback wasn't really anything to worry about keynes but he's certainly in need of the run tomorrow. He'll improve for it and whilst it'll take some kind of performance to go close in the Dante he's got more than enough ability.
By:
stealthgun
When: 12 May 10 22:23
Swinia, whats wrong with SOF posting his opinion and alerting other people that this could be a good prospect? Its a forum where people discuss opinions, I can't see why you would click a thread and then tell someone to give it a rest.

SOF - I've had a look and BET365 have it at 16/1 for the guineas. Too short for me at this stage with the race almost a year away but I will keep an eye out for him.

All the best.
By:
keynes1
When: 12 May 10 22:24
thanks a lot for you thoughts soldier. I have backed him, and will hope for the best. Zoffany looked a machine tonight and was thoroughly impressive. (On another note, I do think Midas Touch will win the Derby (Nick Mordin gave him a great review today.); I am a little concerned that St Nicks sister, Cascata, was a precocious 2 year old, but never trained on.)
By:
soldieroffortune
When: 12 May 10 22:28
Nice one stealth, all the best to you for the season ahead Happy

keynes that was some performance on Sunday from Midas Touch, he'll run a massive race at Epsom.
By:
jair1970
When: 12 May 10 22:32
Oh come on.

Soldier of Fortune, decent old fruit though he is, is completely averse to posting opinion!

That's why people get wound up.  Each Ballydoyle winner generates an automated response punched straight from the Coolmore marketing machine...

'For sure, Rishi, he's beautifully bred and shows a lot of spped at home, his times there are electric.  It's early days for him but you'd have to fancy him to make up into a Guineas contender, along with the 25 other maiden winners we'll have these coming months who may or may not end up overpopulating the Derby...'

Laugh

But seriously!

Thank f--- for the 2yos and Midas Touch because otherwise it is grim living in Aidan's barn at the moment.  Allowing for 'improved for the run', they are well, well behind this year.

No runners in France all year?  No runners in either French Guineas??? Where are his Oaks fillies?

This is a serious drought going on here.  I cannot believe he has neither one colt or filly who could run this weekend at Longchamp...
By:
Swinia
When: 12 May 10 22:39
stealthgun...read all SOF's posts..same tribe..."beautiful looking colt and beautifully bred"...tell us something we don't know.... Confused.... jesus these guys must have over 150 2 yr old every year, have the best stallions in the world at their disposal and therefore should have beautifully bred colts...give us some informative information like Cape Blanco is carrying condition and is not expected to win tomorrow Mischief
By:
ELG
When: 12 May 10 22:47
the should shoot for the Nunthorpe with Zoffany.

sooooo much speed and will get all the allowances. he ran so fast today it looked like he was running on a cushion of air.

I'd be tempted to stick joseph o'brien on board...with his claim the horse would be a shoe in.
By:
WorkOnIt
When: 12 May 10 22:48
I'm sure sof is a decent bloke but ffs these posts are hilarious! Laugh

Every horse a superstar.

Footstepsinthesand being one of the best ever Guineas winners was the height of his nonsense.

He wasn't even the best miler that YEAR ffs! Laugh
By:
stealthgun
When: 12 May 10 23:02
I see no reason to ridicule a poster on the basis of an opinion that is not causing harm to anyone. If the posts wind you up so much - why do you read them?

He is entitled to his opinion as much as you or I and I find it interesting to keep an eye on the ones he does flag up because at least it helps to sift through some of the many horses you mentioned Ballydoyle has.

We're all here to win some cash and contribute to the sport we love - lets not castrate individuals for opinions. :)
By:
WorkOnIt
When: 12 May 10 23:12
I have no real problem with the posts - sof adds to the place no doubt. I generally just have a chuckle at how APOB he sounds! Grin

That said, there is a difference between opinions and needless hype.

The 'footsteps' comment for example. There is no way he really believes that. No fkn way.
By:
WorkOnIt
When: 12 May 10 23:17
P.S. If he had finished that opening post with a 'Do you understand?'...I think I may have p1ssed myself!! Grin
By:
soldieroffortune
When: 12 May 10 23:18
WorkOnIt Footsteps truly was one of the greatest Guineas winners of all time. Don't forget he was unbeaten in a short but superb career and it was only injury that denied him from going on to absolute greatness on the racetrack.
By:
WorkOnIt
When: 12 May 10 23:22
Where to begin with that??!! Laugh You absolutely have to be at the wind-up!

One word .......... SHAMARDAL.
By:
WorkOnIt
When: 12 May 10 23:30
World class fishing , tbf.

It's a pleasure to be in your net, sof. Love
By:
soldieroffortune
When: 12 May 10 23:33
A decent colt indeed WorkOnit but they didn't aim him at the Guineas for one simple reason - they knew he'd get beaten. No doubt at all that Footstepsinthesand would have seen off Shamardal at Newmarket.

For all his fine record the one thing that sticks out in the memory about Shamardal is how badly he was exposed in the UAE Derby.
By:
WorkOnIt
When: 13 May 10 00:36
GrinLoveCool
By:
savaloy69.
When: 13 May 10 00:57
Impressive considering the stable form at the minute. I'm doing my best to avoid the hype surrounding all of theirs, ballydoyle have put far too much importance on promoting breeding recently, need to get back to basics.
By:
geoff m
When: 13 May 10 05:34
SOF....... Foootstepsinthesand you are having a laugh mate.
Beating Rebel Rebel & Kandidate hardly puts a horse up with the all time greats.
I could name a list of 20 great milers in my lifetime & Footstepsinthesand certainly wouldnt be on it.
He had the potential to go on & prove himself but on what he achieved on the track left him well short of the great accolade.

Listen.
Can we assume all Ballydoyles horse are beautifully bred & good looking & just let us know the 1s that arent.
Do you understand.
By:
unclepuncle
When: 13 May 10 08:12
I've been looking through the videos of the main Coventry contenders this morning and Zoffany, whilst an obvious favourite, wouldn't be my first pick. His first races was very slowly run and to me he looks like he wants 7f already. If it's fast at Ascot I can see him getting done for toe and not getting in the race. I'd agree he is potentially the best Guineas prospect seen so far but it's way too early to be thinking about that.

For the Coventry I was more impressed with Head Space of Jim Bolgers who really quickened in the blink of an eye and Retainer of Richard Hannons - though the prices on offer aren't as juicy as with Canford Cliffs last year.
By:
geoff m
When: 13 May 10 08:33
Ive just watched Zoffany & looked @ the time.
Desperately slow time compared with other 2 6 furlong races.
I think all you can gleam from yesterday is Zoffany has 4 legs & a tail will no doubt improve but all hype @ the moment.
By:
redal2
When: 13 May 10 09:57
Looked impressive for sure. The time was nothing special and I wonder how good the opposition was, none of them are listed in the Taplin book for example. However, it was a pleasing performance as he travelled and quickened nicely.
By:
jamesmook
When: 13 May 10 10:08
My memory of that year was that Shamardal took a decent while to recover from his attempt on dirt so didn't quite make the English guineas and was redirected to the French?

Even APO'B would admit Footsteps was a lucky winner of a below-average guineas. I suspect they knew he wouldn't stand a chance against Dubawi, Shamardal or Divine Proportions later in the season so duly retired him prematurely so as to stand a son of Giant's Causeway for the 2005 season in Australia.
By:
jair1970
When: 13 May 10 10:38
It was a fishing attempt but...
Shamardal was kept away from our Guineas because the Sheikh wanted to win it with a son of Dubai Millenium ie Dubawi and Shamardal would have cantered all over him.

Still the best miler in my time following the sport was Shamardal.
By:
Giant Strides
When: 13 May 10 11:38
Even APO'B would admit Footsteps was a lucky winner of a below-average guineas. I suspect they knew he wouldn't stand a chance against Dubawi, Shamardal or Divine Proportions later in the season so duly retired him prematurely so as to stand a son of Giant's Causeway for the 2005 season in Australia

WALOFS
How could a horse who pulled Fallons arms out for half the race,but still won comfotably, be a lucky winner?
By:
geoff m
When: 13 May 10 12:39
Just as a side issue was it Guy Harwood who trained the other Zoffany back in the 80s?
By:
sinndar001
When: 13 May 10 15:13
Giant Strides     13 May 10 12:38 
Even APO'B would admit Footsteps was a lucky winner of a below-average guineas. I suspect they knew he wouldn't stand a chance against Dubawi, Shamardal or Divine Proportions later in the season so duly retired him prematurely so as to stand a son of Giant's Causeway for the 2005 season in Australia

WALOFS
How could a horse who pulled Fallons arms out for half the race,but still won comfotably, be a lucky winner?

Lucky and below average are not in Aidens vocab when it comes to describing Ballydoyle horses. Footsteps had poor front legs didn't he?
Anyway Soldier is just singing from the Coolmore hymn sheet, Give the impression that a horse can do things even if he can't. PR, PR, PR. It is pretty warped but that is why you can't take anything they say seriously and as always it is better to use your own 2 eyes.
By:
zilzal1
When: 13 May 10 15:41
Yes geoff it was, remember it having a great battle with a horse of Cecils called The Fort as a two year old in 1982
By:
geoff m
When: 13 May 10 15:54
Solario stakes @Sandown Zil?
By:
zilzal1
When: 13 May 10 21:31
Might have been Geoff, twas september time, same week as Ma Biche beat Favoridge in the Cheveley Park (I only remember this week because i was in scotland at the time)
By:
jamesmook
When: 14 May 10 09:01
You're right of course, I meant lucky to have won a guineas in an easy year. He did it well on the day though, going away from those legends of the turf and prolific G1 winners Rebel Rebel and KandidateHappy.
By:
Giant Strides
When: 14 May 10 09:13
3:15 Ultimatepoker.com 2000 Guineas Stakes(Group 1) (1) 1m
Going: Firm
Pos. (draw)    Dist.    Horse    Age    Weight    Eqp    Jockey    OR    In-Play Price    SPs and Advantage
Trainer        High    Low    BSP    ISP    +/-    Place
1 (17)         Footstepsinthesand    3    9-0        Kieren Fallon
A. P. O'Brien, Ireland        -    -         7.50          
2 (6)    1¼    Rebel Rebel (IRE)    3    9-0        Oscar Urbina
N. A. Callaghan        -    -         101          
3 (4)    ¾    Kandidate    3    9-0        Eddie Ahern
C. E. Brittain        -    -         101          
4 (15)    ¾    Oratorio (IRE)    3    9-0        Johnny Murtagh
A. P. O'Brien, Ireland        -    -         9          
5 (5)    hd    Dubawi (IRE)    3    9-0        Frankie Dettori
Saeed Bin Suroor        -    -         2.38          
6 (11)    nk    Democratic Deficit (IRE)    3    9-0        K. J. Manning
J. S. Bolger, Ireland        -    -         21          
7 (19)    1¼    Mister Genepi    3    9-0        Steve Drowne
W. R. Muir        -    -         101          
8 (10)    sh    Tony James (IRE)    3    9-0        Michael Hills
C. E. Brittain        -    -         67          
9 (14)    sh    Satchem (IRE)    3    9-0    t    Kerrin Mcevoy
Saeed Bin Suroor        -    -         41          
10 (1)    nk    Tucker    3    9-0        T. Quinn
D. R. C. Elsworth        -    -         34          
11 (8)    hd    David Junior (USA)    3    9-0        Richard Hills
B. J. Meehan        -    -         101          
12 (9)    1½    Party Boss    3    9-0        Darryll Holland
C. E. Brittain        -    -         26          
13 (16)    5    Iceman    3    9-0        Jimmy Fortune
J. H. M. Gosden        -    -         8          
14 (7)    1¼    Capable Guest (IRE)    3    9-0        Chris Catlin
M. R. Channon        -    -         101          
15 (13)    1¾    Diktatorial    3    9-0        Martin Dwyer
A. M. Balding        -    -         26          
16 (18)    ¾    Solent (IRE)    3    9-0        Richard Hughes
R. Hannon        -    -         101          
17 (2)    5    Pivotal Flame    3    9-0        Seb Sanders
E. S. Mcmahon        -    -         101          
18 (12)    nk    Elliots World (IRE)    3    9-0        K. Darley
M. Johnston        -    -         51          
19 (3)    7    Rob Roy (USA)    3    9-0        M. J. Kinane
Sir Michael Stoute        -    -         7          
19 ran | Winning time: 1m 36.10s

I don`t think it was a poor Guineas. Do you!?
By:
sinndar001
When: 14 May 10 09:50
Of the horses you have hilighted, Oratorio was a 10f horse who was well beaten in two gr 1 over a mile and Dubawi hated the ground. Rob Roy in finishing last hardly ran to form. Horses that finish last in a big fields are hardly form barometers. Fair enough Davind Junior won a few GR 1. but he wasn't too memorable.

Judging by the 2nd and 3rd who were G3 horses at best(on the aw and in America) It wasn't much of a Guineas.
By:
Giant Strides
When: 14 May 10 10:09
7 subsequent Gr 1s between them.
David Jr won a Champion, Dubai Duty Free and an Eclipse! Hardly your run of the mill Gr 1s sinndar.
We all have our opinions.I think the stats back up my claim that it wasn`t a poor Guineas. You don`t. Fair enough.
The following year GW beat a bunch of trees but he`s considered to be a top class Guineas winner because of the manner in which he beat those trees.
I can live with that. It doesn`t detract from the fact that he beat an ordinary bunch.
By:
Giant Strides
When: 14 May 10 10:12
And before someone repies with Sir Percy. He needed every inch of the Derby trip to win and was damn lucky to do so. Arafa reversed form with the winner in a bog so that really doesn`t count.
By:
Dark Destroyer
When: 14 May 10 10:50
As Geoff & Zilzal have already pointed out the "original" Zoffany was a splendid animal and I find it rather sad that the powers at Coolmore felt the need to borrow the name - not once but twice as there appears to have been a previous "Coolmore Zoffany" who raced between 2002 & 2005.

On top of this we also have their "Johann Zoffany" whose ability fell somewhat short of his breeding (mind you being by Galileo out of a Royal Academy mare that was asking a lot!).
By:
sinndar001
When: 14 May 10 15:19
What I'm trying to say is that Oratorio and Dubawi didn't run to form so that weakens the form.
Page 1 of 4  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com