Forums

Greyhounds

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
apassagetobangkok
19 May 22 19:23
| Topic/replies: 48 | Blogger: apassagetobangkok's blog
Does every one who follows dog racing love horse racing? It certainly seems that way as per an interview at Towcester tonight. I've followed greyhound racing with a passion for nearly 40 years but have only a very limited interest in horse racing. Certainly would put football, golf, tennis, rugby union and snooker way ahead of the nags. Anyone else love dog racing but not that bothered about the sport of Kings?

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 5
By:
the.mad.dog.man
When: 19 May 22 20:13
used to love the greyhounds but its horses for me now to much cheating on the dogs now
By:
garryc
When: 19 May 22 20:25
when i first started going to the dogs in my teens i used to go horseracing on a sat at whichever meeting as nearest as i am in scotland,the older i got the less interested in horse racing i got,love the dogs couldnt care less about horse racing as its so bent.
By:
Winja
When: 20 May 22 12:49
same as above....used to love going horse racing and punting but aside from a few guest days as a plus 1 been dogs only for over twenty years now....
By:
SlippyBlue
When: 20 May 22 13:03
This year so far I've been to Plumpton, Fontwell, Epsom, Sandown, Huntingdon & Lingfield. I've not been to a dog track, not even once. I'll no doubt go to Hove a couple of times in the Summer for a social meet up but that's pretty much it.

I do still keep my hand in the sport and I do trap challenges on RPGTV nights, usually 3 times a week but my enthusiasm is a fraction of what it once was. Sad to say that but there you go.
By:
now wheres that switch!!!
When: 20 May 22 13:36
Sadly slippy i think many are in the same boat as you, the licence for trainers to cheat on a daily basis has meant its just a cash cow for the bookies these days. All of a sudden, greyhounds have become animals that are not capable of running two races the same at certain venues or are not being allowed to run their races on merit. Was always likely to happen when the bookmakers seized control of the sport. I focus far more on australian racing these days as they appear to have a breed of dogs that do still have consistency. Or maybe they have trainers that do not need to try nick a few quid on the exchanges as they are racing for proper money.
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com