Forums

Greyhounds

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
KeMoH
08 Sep 21 23:16
| Topic/replies: 2,748 | Blogger: KeMoH's blog
If you put to one side the restrictions/limits that bookmakers impose on a sizeable amount us punters, those of us who can still get on are surely laughing all the way to the bank. If you are not yet restricted, it shouldn't be long before you are.

Having studied horse form in some depth for the past 15 years I have, more recently, turned my attention to Greyhound form and I'm left asking myself one thing: why I didn't do this sooner?

It is so blatantly easy to beat the SP with certain bookmakers, namely 365, not just by delving a little further into the form book but by watching the exchanges too. 

For example, in the 7.56pm at Doncaster (8th September) there was money up on here waiting to back Trap 2 at 11/8. 365 were going 7/4! The dog was sent off the even money fav and won.

Similarly, in the 9.16pm at Newcastle (8th September) there was money up waiting to back Trap 2 at tips on 10/11. 365 were going even money! The dog was sent off 4/7f and won.

I studied the form of both of the aforementioned races and could see that in each race, Trap 2 looked to have by far the greatest chance of winning. Needless to say I waded in accordingly on both winning selections and the markets backed that up nearer the off.

But this isn't just a one off. The other week I took 11/4 on a dog (early price, with 365) in a two bend sprint that was sent off the 1/2 fav! Needless to say the dog obliged and got the job done.

I am astounded that its so easy to beat SP with bookmakers when taking a price on the first show when the overround is around 130%.

Surely I'm not the only one doing this?
How can Bookmakers get the prices so wrong?

If you are not winning on the dogs then you need to give up the game!
Pause Switch to Standard View Why Are 365 content on giving money...
Show More
Report clacton September 9, 2021 10:41 AM BST
Your account will be closed very soon
Report garryc September 9, 2021 10:44 AM BST
enjoy it while it lasts.they are probably giving you a run as you are betting short priced favs but if you where a judge and  clued up and taking 8/1 or 6/1 shots going off at 2/1 and winning it would be all over for you,
Report SlippyBlue September 9, 2021 1:48 PM BST
If you can get on with those bunch of sheisters then make hay while you can.
They restricted me to 50p stakes after 3 bets.

Denise Coates isn't a billionaire by accident.
Report frank60 September 9, 2021 2:35 PM BST
365 restricted me on horse racing Kemoh yet allow me to  bet what  i want on Greyhounds. i only back the top races to be fair.  Thanks for the info i must have a look.Happy
Report SlippyBlue September 9, 2021 4:46 PM BST
That's a strange one Frank, my three bets were all greyhound ones!

They restricted me to pennies on everything, even NFL! I mean how could anyone have an edge on that sport? It's laughable Laugh
Report frank60 September 9, 2021 11:20 PM BST
Myself and my son took 365 for a right few bob on their special 1/4 e/way odds on 13 or 14 runners in handcaps ..SELECTIVE races.. Slippy.     365 were giving 1/3 odds on the English greyhound heats yet i had no trouble getting a bet on and still do on the big greyhound races.  paddy power are a joke will only allow pennys on any bet i do even if i ring them up. Betfred and here are the only betting i do now. Good luck with your derby bets.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com