Forums

Greyhounds

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
now wheres that switch!!!
06 Sep 21 17:03
| Topic/replies: 1,551 | Blogger: now wheres that switch!!!'s blog
Anyone know what happened here..? 5 beat 4 clearly, a good neck. But settled as a d/h..?
Show More
Report tonyb50 September 6, 2021 6:07 PM BST
stunned would love to see photo print
Report now wheres that switch!!! September 6, 2021 6:25 PM BST
I didn’t even think a photo was needed..? I thought the result was sent through wrong..?
Report DancingBraveTheBest September 7, 2021 1:58 PM BST
Is there anywhere where i can watch a replay??
Report ballyregan September 7, 2021 2:11 PM BST
here you go dancing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQjU7qEwTo8
on the nod
Report ballyregan September 7, 2021 2:14 PM BST
slow speed settings to 0.25 youtube and pause on line personally i would say 5 was winner
Report DancingBraveTheBest September 7, 2021 2:15 PM BST
Cheers Balleyregan. I just watched 2.07 monmore today and cant quite believe they called 5 the winner there either. Looks to me like the 6 got up but maybe my eyes are deceiving meConfused
Report ballyregan September 7, 2021 2:17 PM BST
must be a dramatic angle dancing always nice to see a print if they are available cannot trust them especially after the sandown stuff that went on with the horse racing
Report wondersobright September 7, 2021 2:30 PM BST
watched this for the 1st time to today
have to say full speed I thought v close on the line
slowed down you'd be disappointed with a DH if on 5 looks to have a won a short head near side
Report wondersobright September 7, 2021 2:31 PM BST
maybe slightly more in fact
Report ballyregan September 7, 2021 2:35 PM BST
not a neck but i would be confident it won
Report DancingBraveTheBest September 7, 2021 2:49 PM BST
agreed....some very dubious results yesterday and today imo.
Report SlippyBlue September 7, 2021 4:04 PM BST
Anyone remember the days when you could bet on the distance in the photo?
Dave Richardson at Catford and John Henwood at Wimbledon.

It was a typically ugly 180% book or thereabouts but it did used to get a bit of action.
On that Monmore race it looked a coin flip to me and the neck would have been a big price on Henwood's board I would have thought.
Report ItsMeSwaddle September 7, 2021 5:09 PM BST
Lol ffs use the youtube vid and stop on 0:44 seconds, the 5 has won a neck give or take a nose. 4 absolutely nowhere near the line.
Report ballyregan September 7, 2021 5:27 PM BST
the line must be a wiggly one hopefully one of rpgtvs investigative journalists like darryl julie or errol can get there teeth into this and ask some questions?
Report SlippyBlue September 7, 2021 6:28 PM BST
Yes of course, silly me, the old wiggly line theory. That'll be it then.
Report now wheres that switch!!! September 7, 2021 7:11 PM BST
Have watched it 10 times in slow mo.. impossible to call a dead heat. Thought my eyes were still ok.. and that confirms it. Guessing no print been offered..?
Report ballyregan September 7, 2021 7:27 PM BST
you could email the track i think there excuse would be print did not work so dead heat called.wrong though
Report now wheres that switch!!! September 7, 2021 7:48 PM BST
Strange in these times.. why can’t they use technology on the muzzle.. each time the line is broken by each dog, registers a time. Would then be very few dead heats IMO…
Report HallGreenSpy September 7, 2021 11:26 PM BST
Have stopped this on the line and 5 is a clear winner. If anything the outside is favoured in close finishes. DH a joke imvho.
Report gonnabeclose September 9, 2021 7:42 PM BST
Hall Green it does not favour the wide in photos in a million years.  Ask anyone that bets there its inside
Report now wheres that switch!!! September 9, 2021 8:05 PM BST
Therein lies the problem. It doesn’t favour any side, as they change it regularly to suit themselves…( or certain connections). As mentioned before, no need for a d/h to be called with chips in the muzzles down to 0.01 of a second.
Report now wheres that switch!!! September 9, 2021 8:09 PM BST
I’ve bet there for nearly 20 years.. never have I seen such blatant manipulation of a finish as the race in question.
Report HallGreenSpy September 9, 2021 9:54 PM BST
Fair enough gonna. Never mind being corrected. Thought it did mesen but ain't been in years. Even so, that result has to be wrong.
Report now wheres that switch!!! September 9, 2021 10:16 PM BST
It doesn’t favour the inside.. the sis still is sometimes wrong, that’s why it looks like inside at times. But the race in question , there isn’t anywhere that 4 can be given a d/h.. odd indeed.
Report gonnabeclose September 10, 2021 5:04 PM BST
Switch however long you have bet there the race is absolutely on the nod as they hit the line imo.  You lose all credibility when you claim the distance is a good neck pmsl.  I think you are the same guy who cried foul a few weeks back, saying it was a short hare round the last.  The hare was usual distance, the challenger simply refused. Give it a few more years and you may crack it :)
Report now wheres that switch!!! September 10, 2021 5:37 PM BST
Gonna.. have you stopped the race on the line..? It isn’t even remotely close. If you can find an image where 4 is level with 5 then good luck to you. As I said, it’s nearer a neck than a d/h imho. As for the last comment, I’ll assume you are typing on your dads account….
Report DancingBraveTheBest September 11, 2021 3:07 PM BST
Just had another look and cant believe 5 not the winner unless the line in the video is not the winning line .....but what other line would it be??
Report gonnabeclose September 14, 2021 7:15 PM BST
Switch what does dads account mean ?
Report now wheres that switch!!! September 14, 2021 7:47 PM BST
Childish comment…. This used to be a decent forum, I have no need to crack anything. Was simply pointing out that the result called was wrong, which 99% agree with.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com