Forums

Greyhounds

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Ravage Again
01 Sep 21 19:01
| Topic/replies: 5,566 | Blogger: Ravage Again's blog
I wonder if Thorn Falcon was running at the following tracks could it win a top class A1

Hove
Monmore
Newcastle

It’s frightening how Towcester can make an average greyhound appear great and a great greyhound appear average

I mean Thorn Falcon seems placeless at other tracks

The dog that finished second in the derby final, it probably would have won the final if it could have held the lead down back straight, can’t even win an open race now

And Towcester managed to transform that 29.07 shelbourne bitch into an A3 plodder Laugh

I have never know a 480 m track produce such weird results

Before the track got modified, I even felt that Irish dog that broke the track record hated the place and could not run it. Was just it’s pure class that it managed to do the track record one night

O great we have another five years of the dog that leads around the first bend wins 80 to 90 per cent of the open races in the derby

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 38
By:
wedge1
When: 01 Sep 21 19:16
ravage all i will say is i owned an a6 grader that done 30.08 over 515 at hove thorn falcon is turning into an astute missile type
best not get me started or i mention othersExcited
By:
Ravage Again
When: 01 Sep 21 19:36
To be honest if it had not got injured I believe missile would have been a decent six bend dog particularly over Romford 575 m trip
By:
casemoney
When: 01 Sep 21 20:10
can’t even win an open race now

Just left the Building @ Yarmouth
By:
SHROPSHIRELAD
When: 01 Sep 21 20:18
I backed THORN FALCON at the outset of the Derby at 25/1 and Patrick had him spot on for the final and obviously I was pleased that he won.

But, top of my list reasons for backing him was precisely because he’d been round the track won the maiden derby and clearly he was happy there.

Will he go down as a top class Derby Winner no, but clearly he’s no mug.

As for ARIEL perhaps she missed her home bed as much or even more than she actually didn’t take to Towcester? (I don’t know the answer)

By the way in an ideal world Towcester wouldn’t be my choice for the Derby for more than one reason but clearly no bugger else wants it!
By:
ItsMeSwaddle
When: 01 Sep 21 20:55
I was on antepost, given it back since Laugh
By:
Ravage Again
When: 06 Sep 21 20:24
Here comes the chump, oops I mean champ in the 8:53 at notts Laugh
By:
dr . atkins
When: 06 Sep 21 20:27
how it won the derby i will never know
By:
SlippyBlue
When: 06 Sep 21 20:40
Just favour Tenpin here.
By:
ballyregan
When: 06 Sep 21 20:53
thorn falcons getting worse
By:
SlippyBlue
When: 06 Sep 21 20:55
Signet Ace with the bullet break and that was game over.
By:
Ravage Again
When: 06 Sep 21 20:55
It’s embarrassing

Towcester is an awful track for producing spooky results

The dog is rubbish anywhere else
By:
clacton
When: 06 Sep 21 21:05
Thorn Falcon and Kilara Lion have both run like A10 dogs since the Derby. All seems very strange to me and i'm not talking about the track.
By:
ballyregan
When: 06 Sep 21 21:07
must have been some good food clacton at derby time
By:
clacton
When: 06 Sep 21 21:22
I was thinking something like that.
By:
clacton
When: 06 Sep 21 21:24
I will never forget the way they exploded from the traps in the final.
By:
clacton
When: 06 Sep 21 21:25
I will never forget the way they both exploded from the traps in the final.
By:
casemoney
When: 06 Sep 21 21:33
Not gone a yard since either of them , Stand by for the same next year I will be looking for odds a Tow winner .WALLIS JANSEN HUTTON fully

Juiced if make the final .
By:
casemoney
When: 06 Sep 21 21:38
Similar Crack with the Romeo dog  in Vase final , Juiced to foook 34.66     Most crooked run I have ever seen in an open race final ,Been nowhere near that since and never will be , the old magic bones .
By:
LoyalHoncho
When: 06 Sep 21 22:27
I agree with you clacton.  Very odd indeed. They'd be asked to explain the performances if they were horses that;s for sure. Champion trainer and he can't even get a semblance of a run out of either??  The sectional Kilara put in in the final was weird!
By:
Ravage Again
When: 06 Sep 21 23:09
Would thorn Falcon be able to enter a maiden sprint open?

That might get it first past the post say at hove if other five dogs were D3 class?
By:
FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK
When: 07 Sep 21 09:35
Greatest training performance
Blown the bollox out of the dogs
Lion won more cat 1 than most dogs
Falcon won the biggest prize to be add
Ain’t sure lion as more to give but he’s multi cat winner

Falcon be better off put in field till next April go again at towcester
By:
FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK
When: 07 Sep 21 09:51
Not seen many from here or Ireland lift a leg after a derby campaigns last 5 years
By:
ballyregan
When: 07 Sep 21 12:12
thorne falcon reminds me of the irish horses at cheltenham that big day electric two or three races since cannot raise a leg
By:
ballyregan
When: 07 Sep 21 12:13
falcons best race was the final so fatigue was not an issue
By:
wondersobright
When: 07 Sep 21 12:21

Sep 6, 2021 -- 5:09PM, Ravage Again wrote:

Would thorn Falcon be able to enter a maiden sprint open?That might get it first past the post say at hove if other five dogs were D3 class?

Laugh

By:
Ravage Again
When: 07 Sep 21 13:24
Yer the great Westmead Hawk or Some Picture must be looking down in great disdain thinking how he win a derby final laughing their chops off Confused

“O it’s at Towcester what leads at the first bend always wins” says Scurlogue Champ. I am sick of running at Towcester, ran 100 times and still ain’t won a marathon race yet Shocked
By:
garryc
When: 07 Sep 21 17:43
that towcester is unlike anything else,needs a big revamp again as the tracks probably worse than before.i couldnt have a bet there its so bad.
By:
mack
When: 07 Sep 21 17:54
surely.....correct me if im wrong .......
By:
sparrow
When: 07 Sep 21 18:33
mack 07 Sep 21 16:54 
surely.....correct me if im wrong .......

Wrong about what exactly?
By:
Winja
When: 07 Sep 21 18:42
finding syndicate members on here....
By:
sparrow
When: 07 Sep 21 19:07
Where did that come from winja?   Been up and down this thread wondering what he was on about Grin
By:
Winja
When: 07 Sep 21 19:13
a different thread sparrow.....my poor attempt at humour...Grin
By:
Ravage Again
When: 07 Sep 21 19:49
O yer I see now, posted on the wrong thread
By:
sparrow
When: 07 Sep 21 19:58
I would say it was mack's humour, winja Laugh
By:
SlippyBlue
When: 07 Sep 21 20:00
Winja & sparrow, do you remember the syndicate dog on here Betfair.com ? It was organised by ODDS ON ( Bob). I met up with them at Crayford one night and she won well over the 714 trip. Djsunset was there as well and some others that I've forgotten. She was a very useful bitch on her day.
By:
ballyregan
When: 07 Sep 21 20:00
hi mack i know 4 people who will join
By:
sparrow
When: 07 Sep 21 20:17
Slippy, I vaguely recall that syndicate dog but it was a long time ago if I'm on the right one.
By:
sparrow
When: 07 Sep 21 20:23
Thinking back many years ago on here I seem to recall a syndicate with dogs based at Walthamstow or maybe Wimbledon at one time. They were mostly pups bred by a kennel in the Essex or Kent area.
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com