Forums

Greyhounds

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
casemoney
21 Aug 21 01:06
| Topic/replies: 41,627 | Blogger: casemoney's blog
Watching race live  I though deffo had a go before line , But did he, 6 has took his ground and infact  had a look hhimself ,Machine is leaning on 6 to the line but the Point his head turns appears to be bang on the Line and the contact does not appear to be aggressive ,Infact its half a dozen of one for the last 20 meters ,Machine has deffo Dwelt  ,not Sure Jet has not also applied the breaks , I think that is a very harsh call TBH . Live I thought deffo fought
now,  I have seen a lot worse Plain

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 32
By:
casemoney
When: 21 Aug 21 01:15
Its certainly not aggressive interference ,after the Line they both appear to like each others company 3 goes by them but there is no tear up at any point ,I honestly think the dog should have been given the benefit of the Doubt ,Can Connections appeal , they must be gutted , Half Raving
yes , But not a fighter .. If we were to disco every raver be a shortage of dogs IMVHO
By:
FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK
When: 21 Aug 21 10:06
Do the same next week take somelse dog out
Dq was right IMO
By:
FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK
When: 21 Aug 21 10:11
https://twitter.com/nowso2k18/status/1428809470709207044?s=20
By:
Winja
When: 21 Aug 21 10:27
just watched the race and the incident section a few times from fattys link and i am very surprised the dog got the red card.....
By:
Ravage Again
When: 21 Aug 21 10:39
The dog turned it’s head and fought 100 % disqualification, even allowing for the fact it wanted to be on the inside

Easy decision to make

If it had been on the inside of t6 dog at the fourth bend it probably would not have fought, but that’s dog racing
By:
Winja
When: 21 Aug 21 11:09
where exactly did it fight????.......seriously watch again and tell me where....
By:
Winja
When: 21 Aug 21 11:15
watched and from 45 seconds.....slowed and leaned in........did not see head turn and did not really see deliberate interference as the dog he was leaning on won.......
By:
now wheres that switch!!!
When: 21 Aug 21 11:15
Have watched it several times… incredible decision to DQ. Hasn’t fought at all, looking for the inside and lugging about, but hasn’t at any stage been aggressive! Possibly the worst DQ decision that’s been made in years. Ulterior motive perhaps..?
By:
Ravage Again
When: 21 Aug 21 12:09
Go on then it’s 50 / 50 Laugh

Mebbys it blew a gasket
By:
FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK
When: 21 Aug 21 12:11
Biggest raver in Ireland
Leaning over jet stop it from winning race outright with its behaviour on home straight
If he took no notice he would sailed past !!

No bang railer either
By:
p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y
When: 21 Aug 21 12:15
Not getting into an argument whether it was right or wrong but it was only a matter of time, could and probably should have happened in the Kirby at Limerick.

However those saying he's looking for the inside, watch him in the Champion Stakes final when miles clear up the straight, he is nowhere near the inside and no interest in the rail.

Whether you agree with the decision or not he veered inwards towards the other dog, nothing else
By:
When: 21 Aug 21 12:18
Trouble is consistency… far worse examples both in our derby and some of their heats already. Brave call from the stewards, but a wrong one based on all other similar examples.
By:
p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y
When: 21 Aug 21 12:22
Francie Murray's dog should have got the same treatment in heat 1 of round 1 then, connections of De Machine have a right to feel aggrevied they've gone and he didn't
By:
MALAY
When: 21 Aug 21 13:33
correct decision
By:
casemoney
When: 21 Aug 21 14:02
All about opinions ,when his head actually Turns is it on or past the Line they ,No doubt the dog is half raving but on this occasion the 6 dogs head turns before De Machine , He has not looked like fighting in any of the races I have seen deffo dwells going to the drop ,As stated if half the ravers were discoed we would have a shortage of Dogs Laugh His head turns on the Line does he make contact ? if its an inch past the line he can take Jets head off makes no difference

Very hard call to make , I would have given the dog another chance TBH .
By:
casemoney
When: 21 Aug 21 14:03
Live I thought strait red Shocked
By:
cherubim
When: 21 Aug 21 16:01
De Machine has been on the watch list for long enough, to forgive him yet another blatant look would be reprehensible. Ergo next round takes out the favorite, try explaining that away
By:
casemoney
When: 21 Aug 21 16:13
Lot of dogs looking in races Cher ,I am not sure he made contact when his head turned and if he did was it after the line ,6 has put the brakes on  himself ,and seemed interest in 1 , the race time says it all tbh .I would like to know what Ian's thoughts on the ruling were ,he didnt say anything as they passed the line ..
By:
wedge1
When: 21 Aug 21 17:45
pathetic decision underlining motive
By:
When: 21 Aug 21 17:50
100% an iffy motive for this… it’s just not a red card offence at all!
By:
Ravage Again
When: 21 Aug 21 18:14
Was massive liabilities for this dog

The sponsor had laid 50 euros each way Silly
By:
wondersobright
When: 21 Aug 21 18:19
seen worse not get DQ

my view...should have left it alone this time
By:
casemoney
When: 22 Aug 21 04:43
De Machine had his card Held for turning his Head before the Line not the Argy Bargy before it according to the racing Manager Plain His head turned on the Line IMO at what point was Contact made ? Summat not right with all this Plain
By:
SlippyBlue
When: 22 Aug 21 13:18
I've only just this minute seen the race and it was an extremely harsh decision in my opinion.
By:
casemoney
When: 22 Aug 21 14:35
As for the Line with the Angle its hard to know where it is , HTF was BEECH AVENUE 3rd by a neck Laugh
By:
LoyalHoncho
When: 22 Aug 21 15:55
King Turbo was 19 months old when he "had a look", the Machine is very experienced.  Tough one for the stewards as they couldn't afford not to deal with it and it to recur later in such a prestige event?
By:
casemoney
When: 22 Aug 21 16:19
The rules of racing need to be followed , did he nut Jet prior to the Line is the Question , as Dave said on RPTV we are not in the office perhaps they had a different view , I think all will agree a harsh outcome ,if we were to disco dogs who look like they may fight going forward be a lot of
dogs getting warned off .. Anyone involved EW will feel hard done by , he would have been very hard to knock out .And as mad as he is added a little spice to the derby ,no winners in this situation Sad
By:
casemoney
When: 22 Aug 21 16:21
Ur right about Turbo Loyal , he could never go in the derby because of it , If I remember correctly ?
By:
casemoney
When: 22 Aug 21 20:51
3-0 saying wrong call in the studio Shocked
By:
casemoney
When: 22 Aug 21 20:54
With Dave and Ian earlier that 5-0  ,What have connections of the dog said ?
By:
LoyalHoncho
When: 22 Aug 21 22:01
Yeah that;s right case.  My view will always be that puppies need/deserve a second chance, as the dog itself went on to prove.  It's all new at that age and maybe a dog squeals/yelps a bit in running and the pup is still not sure what he is/should be doing.  Every youngster in life learns from mistakes, dog or human, and they should be allowed to race again after the necessary trials etc: As you say - very tough on ante punters who were on the Machine but that's the perils of ante-post stuff innit?!.
By:
SlippyBlue
When: 25 Aug 21 19:00
They've just shown it in slow motion and it looks an even more unjust decision looking at again. De Machine is getting a " retraining " trial and if that goes OK then he's good to go back on track. Of all the people they've had on RPGTV giving an opinion I can't recall anybody backing up the judge.
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com