Forums

Greyhounds

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Ravage Again
13 Jul 21 20:29
| Topic/replies: 5,575 | Blogger: Ravage Again's blog
Spot on regarding all the faults on Towcestor, nice to see someone speak the truth in the industry and grow a set of you know what’s

Phat “gravy train” Phil straight in trying a damage limitation exercise and looking for another free lunch
Pause Switch to Standard View Towcestor- What Daniel Rankin Said
Show More
Report SHROPSHIRELAD July 13, 2021 8:37 PM BST
Whether you agree with him or not isn’t the most important issue for me, it’s refreshing having somebody with a pair of gonads that calls it as they see it.
Report Deptford July 13, 2021 8:49 PM BST
What did he say?
Report Ravage Again July 13, 2021 10:12 PM BST
Track totally suits front running greyhounds
Nothing like a true derby test of a greyhound like Wimbledon or Shawfield was
Loads of greyhounds get lost at the fourth bend
The second attempt at sorting the problems out has not worked it’s as bad as the original track
Before modifying the track why did Towcestor just not copy a track that was a fair gallop ie Wimbledon or Coventry configuration
We all know the answer to that one is much more expensive to do that as would have probably had to dig up the hare rail
Report LoyalHoncho July 14, 2021 7:41 AM BST
He;s a Glaswegian, a Scot hence the reason he is as straight and forthright as a gun barrel.  It really is a s simple as that.
Report sparrow July 14, 2021 8:06 AM BST
Before modifying the track why did Towcestor just not copy a track that was a fair gallop ie Wimbledon or Coventry configuration
We all know the answer to that one is much more expensive to do that as would have probably had to dig up the hare rail

The answer was there in Coventry full stop but the powers that be just looked away. And it wasn't in the middle of nowhere either.
Report ghh July 14, 2021 9:17 AM BST
do you have a copy of article please
Report Captain carnage July 14, 2021 9:22 AM BST
`Lost at the 4th bend' - thats a new one, what on earth?
Shawfield! - I remember watching a few scottish derbys.
Mostly the track was flooded, it was regularly -100+, large puddle all over the track and big track bias.

Did they ask him why the track he is racing manager at and is the best placed to host a Derby shows no interest in hosting one?
Where questions asked as to why last week was the first open racing at Hove of the year?
Report SlippyBlue July 14, 2021 10:13 AM BST
I saw that and also thought well said that man and as Ravage Again mentioned, someone who hasn't got his head in the clouds looking at non existent rainbows and says it how it is.
Report Ravage Again July 14, 2021 11:15 AM BST
Wow have hove not had any opens until last week

I guess too many dogs and not enough meetings

The question was asked and he did find an excuse like only want to have top quality opens and it’s hard to find the dogs

In one way I agree with him, I mean look at the open race card at Newcastle tonight

A lot of them ain’t open class dogs or at best minor open racers
Report wedge1 July 14, 2021 7:12 PM BST
rankin is a puppet for smythe scottish and forthright he may be but merely a puppet as a racing manager he is the delegate supreme he does not do the fecking grading dont think he would know how hove is probably the best and fairest track for the derby but the downsides are
1 corals ladbroke owned
2 500 or 515 the 490 traps still there also
3 only one side of track accessible means limited crowd
4 parking issue at track
5 massive anti hound racing activists present
and why i am at it it is TOWCESTER NOT FECKING TOWCESTOR
Report sparrow July 14, 2021 7:46 PM BST
We always said Towerster when I lived in East London Grin
Report Ravage Again July 14, 2021 8:19 PM BST
You’re right it is Towcester

What can I say wedge apart from spellchecker got lost at the fourth bend Laugh
Report sparrow July 14, 2021 8:28 PM BST
Do we spelling here or pronounciation?
Report sparrow July 14, 2021 8:28 PM BST
*mean spelling ^^
Report SlippyBlue July 14, 2021 9:09 PM BST
It's pronounced "Toaster " by the locals so that'll do for me.
Report go racing July 15, 2021 8:48 AM BST
FAT PHIL is a disgrace to the game....he will be out of a job in two years if he doesn't stop covering up controversial subjects!
RPGTV need to put it out there that industry SP is driving everyone away from the game...front 3 cramped up so no value in any shape or form. Know at least 5 people that have walked away because of it and many more to follow.
The disgraceful 2 quid limits is another issue that the FAT one won't dare address in case he loses his 3 ton a night for sitting on the fence, (shame it ain't electric)
Grow some balls RPGTV as you are our only voice and with jokers like Williams and Donald duck on the panel we've got no chance.
Sort it now Lawrence brothers and tell it as it is otherwise your programme will not see 2023!
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com