Forums

Greyhounds

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Markyacard
04 Jul 21 05:29
| Topic/replies: 1,014 | Blogger: Markyacard's blog
Is there any chance one of you wise sages can provide or relay info as to how i could track down a trainers runners results and/or winners from approximately 1995 until the track closing in 2008?

The result i'm looking for will have been an open race won by a black dog trained by an away trainer where there was a beaten 1/3f we're thinking it's pre-fix was a Glenske or a Dunmurry dog.

It definitely wasn't the Dunmurry Curry or Bill dogs who in my opinion were the best 2 dogs my father owned and trained and raced purely at Walthamstow as he believed the best should race at the best track.

Any help much appreciated feel free to send a pm if not able to relay on here.

Thanks in advance.
Pause Switch to Standard View Walthamstow results
Show More
Report The Knight July 4, 2021 12:13 PM BST
The only way I can think of is a visit to the National Newspaper Library, now part of the British Library, and a trawl through the Sporting Lifes and Racing Posts of that time.

This can be done at either the main library at St Pancras or by having the them sent to Boston Spa in the North. But, at present the reading rooms are not open because of Covid. Hopefully that will change very soon.

All the editions you require will be at the newspaper library as either an actual copy of the paper, on on microfiche and can be ordered in advance.

A balls-aching job but that's the only way I know.

I did some research into past greyhound results myself way back in 1994 (using The Sporting Life) when the National Newspaper Library was all at Colindale in North London.

Fascinating thing to do but takes forever because it is virtually impossible not to be side-tracked by reading some of the stories in each paper!
Report Markyacard July 4, 2021 2:37 PM BST
Thankyou very much The Knight i couldn't have asked for more than that.
Very helpful information and reply.
I guessed it would be an unenviable task, but if that's the way forward then so it shall be.

Cheers once again and all the best to you sir.
Report wedge1 July 4, 2021 3:44 PM BST
if you have time on your hands type glenske into rpgtv app search bar and scroll through the 150 odd results
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com