Forums

Greyhounds

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
SHROPSHIRELAD
09 Jun 21 20:54
| Topic/replies: 158 | Blogger: SHROPSHIRELAD's blog
Don’t know him from Adam but home comes this Joe Conneely (not sure about spelling” is on RPGTV twice a week (does it for half the £250?) and pontificates on the Greyhound Star all the time?

Is it because:-

A) he copped a flukey bet a couple of months ago?

B) lazy “journalism”

C) he’s JK’s secret love child

D) he’s a combination of some or all of the above 3?

Because for sure he’s been in the game for 5 minutes and he’s a modest (I’m being generous) tipster
Pause Switch to Standard View “Experts / Pundits/ Whatever”
Show More
Report irishone June 11, 2021 7:44 AM BST
Lay them
Report LoyalHoncho June 11, 2021 7:15 PM BST
Laugh
Do my level best not to watch the show.  Absolute drivel normally.
Report irishone June 13, 2021 7:07 AM BST
If you were profitable at backing dogs

Would you go to a tiny room , put make up on

And spend four hours with duck, daryl, hobbsy, jk, femail or meeky ???
Report FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK June 13, 2021 1:41 PM BST
Easy £250 working from home comes to mind being remote gus
Report SlippyBlue June 13, 2021 2:16 PM BST
I'm grateful that I can watch the racing but as regards to the panelists I just take them with a pinch of salt and take no notice of what they say and probably some, if not most, on here would think similarly I would guess.

Beresford though in particular really does grate on me. He takes talking banality to a very high level.The rest just earn a crust doing what they enjoy doing and that's more than fair enough in my book.
Report LoyalHoncho June 13, 2021 3:24 PM BST
I have to give them credit during this Derby.  It has been interesting and entertaining.  I feel Clarke with an "e" has improved a lot - his knowledge is pretty impressive now - and the work put into the "at the track interviews" is great.  Paul Lawrence, who I admit I used to detest, has been a brilliant commentator too.  And the real bonus - the fat controller has stayed unseen and rarely heard.  Laugh  Well done up to now.  But if you can't put on a great show for the Derby,......
Report irishone June 13, 2021 4:11 PM BST
Its 95% bowlux
They feed the audience cr4pp
Just keep a record of their comments
Before then after the race
They have a 5% correct assessment of whats going to happen
if you could read a race properly
Once in ten attempts
Why the feck would you go on RPGTV. ?
Report ballyregan June 13, 2021 5:04 PM BST
in sports punditary look at all the channels skysports racing rpgtv ,racing uk it is not what you know it is who you know, if you want a long career dont say anything slightly controversial, never question bookmaker practices, you have to show zero charisma and zero passion.
Report ballyregan June 13, 2021 5:06 PM BST
plus half of them have never had a decent bet in there lives you can tell ,how can they understand the viewer and what the viewers want to watch
Report now wheres that switch!!! June 13, 2021 5:55 PM BST
They do ok in my book. Having to tip up every race at pi55 poor tracks daily. Second guessing the going etc. Plenty of keyboard winners on here that would do their bowlarks if asked to go on the show.. although the lack of liquidity these days suggests most of them already have....
Report LoyalHoncho June 13, 2021 6:10 PM BST
The general show is still bowlucks but this Derby show has been passable/reasonable.
Report the bairn June 13, 2021 10:03 PM BST
i'm only going to make one statement, you guys on here talk some pish. cheers.
Report irishone June 14, 2021 6:09 AM BST
Its a scam...stand back and look at what goes on

Why dont they provide going allowances
Why dont they tell us when the bowser goes round
Why are the photo finishes so unclear
Why isnt there a live camera on the winning line
Why isnt the clock shown straight after every race
Why dont they show the betting percentages on each race
Why do three of them tip different favs/2nd favs most races
Why aint dogs five seeded rather than three ?
Why dont we get to see the full list of the naps table ?

As for the show.....
Tina ? Something for the weekend ? Friends of the show ?

Its banal, boring and needs a makeover , been saying it for years. Some of the presenters are awful to listen to

All they are trying to do is make the average pumter at home back a dog in every race. The percentages are stacked against them.
Report LoyalHoncho June 14, 2021 2:06 PM BST
I agree irish, with everything you say, as I have said before, but they're making a decent job of presenting this Derby - in my view.
After that it'll be  a swerve job.
Report the bairn June 14, 2021 2:13 PM BST
great, maybe started a real debate, irishone you have made very good points about the show, all of them relevant for the guy who likes a decent bet, but you know as well as all the guys who have made a lot of very negative points, that this show is bringing greyhound racing to every living room who wants it and not just heavy gamblers who can see all the points you have made, their is no way i could follow the races down in England, especially the top ones, as far as the pundits go they fill you in with what's going on with betting and trackside info kennel visits and good clean banter, there are some very knowledgeable pundits on the show, especially Ali and as you said Clarkey has improved immensely, and just remember these pundits are giving you a tip in every race even if they don't really like the race for betting purposes, but to sum up, if punters think they are good at what they do they will wait till there most fancied bets run, now i'm off to watch Scotland thrash the Czechs. cheers.
Report Deptford June 14, 2021 2:19 PM BST
The only thing you will thrash them at is drinking tins of Special Brew Laugh
Report LoyalHoncho June 14, 2021 3:10 PM BST
Being opinionated isn't necessarily being knowledgeable.  And no opinion or knowledge matters a fcuk if all the time pre=race is over-filled with crap - which happens much, if not most of the time, on the basic show.  How many times do we not just see the dogs at the traps but THE HARE RUNNING and they're still blethering their "Tina" type flam.  As for Ali, really listen to him next time and you'll see the number of no-hope scenarios he presents -  "Oh and if this five can avoid trouble it has a chance"!   Just so he can say - "before the race I did mention"!.     lmao.
So tedious it's untrue.
Report now wheres that switch!!! June 14, 2021 3:31 PM BST
You can have 25’s with me any “judge” so called professional that gives a tip in every race featured and shows a profit. It’s an impossible task for them to in, but I guess to the average punter  they might like knowing where Tina is going on holiday....
Report irishone June 14, 2021 4:11 PM BST
LaughLaugh
Report irishone June 14, 2021 4:11 PM BST
Hope you enjoyed the match bairn .....
Report Czechbet June 18, 2021 3:20 PM BST
Deptford they most certainly wouldn't beat them drinking special brew lol

Czech pro rata per head, is i think still the biggest beer consumer in the world
Report SlippyBlue June 18, 2021 4:10 PM BST
Hopefully England will hand out a severe drubbing, I doubt the sweaties will score let alone win. 2-0 or 3-0 is my shout.
Report irishone June 18, 2021 5:47 PM BST
There will be more Scots there than English
It means a lot more to them than the English
Laid England
Report casemoney June 18, 2021 10:32 PM BST
G lay Irish . England Clueless a very poor performance , which lets us know where we are at .
Report Czechbet June 18, 2021 11:04 PM BST
wd Irish absolutely shocking
Report irishone June 19, 2021 6:35 AM BST
Knew Southgate once, and as Captain of Palace youth he couldn't give me any inspiration from the way he talks,  and the fact he rings up an old pal of mine to ask his advice regularly undermines his beliefs. Scots on the other hand are still carrying a bit of william wallace around with them in the DNA !
Report SlippyBlue June 19, 2021 7:38 AM BST
England were lucky to get a point, they were absolutely dire to out it mildly.
Report SlippyBlue June 19, 2021 7:39 AM BST
Good lay Irish, well done mate.
Report LoyalHoncho June 19, 2021 2:48 PM BST
Yep - good lay irish.  England should have gone for the jugular but Southgate, it seems, had them playing not to get beat?  Crazy.  I got into the programme late this aftie.  Am I right in saying that someone on Lineker's panel suggested dropping Harry Kane?  And was it the wee bauchle trying to attract attention?  Drop Kane???  Is she mad?  Give him some service maybe - and a decent partner.
As Tommy Docherty once said - strikers do better hunting in packs.
Report wedge1 June 19, 2021 5:31 PM BST
harry kane without doubt is a fantastic player but in the way england play he is a lost soul he needs southgate to adjust tactics and force him forward
Report LoyalHoncho June 19, 2021 6:10 PM BST
Agreed.
Report SHROPSHIRELAD June 30, 2021 7:05 PM BST
More Conneely, what a joke

More $hite from a “female” with false tit$, a botoxed gob, more tattoos than a navvy,  who even though silver spooned by daddy couldn’t hack it running a buisiness when things got a bit tough

RPGTV plumbs new depths
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com