Forums

Greyhounds

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
casemoney
03 May 21 13:45
| Topic/replies: 43,736 | Blogger: casemoney's blog
Another sad reflection on our sport is their anyone happy in the game , I was unaware of Mark Byrds Mark Bird’s comments about breeding slower dogs in an effort to reduce track injuries , The vast majority of Dogs injured will be graders , is he suggesting we go down the Afghan cross route , what a ridiculous statement Laugh

A certain percentage of racing injuries will always happen sad fact , I doubt vey much going a couple of MPH slower will make any difference , DID HE ACTUALLY MAKE THAT STATEMENT Laugh beyond belief ..

GOOD Track maintenance   and not BOXING DOGS UP on purpose ,would certainly go along way to improving things ..

Does anyone know the injury stats at Monmore ? The fastest track in the country  , are they above or below  ?

If below perhaps bring that fact to Mr Byrds attention and advise him to stop talking Shyte .
Pause Switch to Standard View Peter Harnden in the post
Show More
Report Czechbet May 3, 2021 2:18 PM BST
agree Case, i thought it was a clever wind up by someone but turns out was true ffs

shows how out of touch they all really areSad
Report doncaster rover May 3, 2021 2:50 PM BST
Though to be fair I owned two dogs out right at Monmore plus one in a 50% Share and one in a 40% share wel to be fair myself and my son 20% each al cost a few bob the two outright dogs bought as 5 month old pups and were not cheap both spent more time on their beds than I do and I’m almost bedridden now with MND th 50 / 50 dog was retired this week and we are looking for a forever home for him. He won one race a A1 then after each race he would have 6 to 8 weeks on his bed each time a minor but different injury
Report doncaster rover May 3, 2021 2:53 PM BST
The fourth dog is I believe just 2 years old and cost a kings ransome he would be one of the fastest debuts in his first trial as a pup he been lame not long after that and hasn’t raced yet but I believe he is to trial soon after a 5 month break to recover after a mor serious injury this trial will not be at Monmore
Report Czechbet May 3, 2021 3:14 PM BST
sorry to hear that Doncaster, only pup i had there had a very early retirement
Report casemoney May 3, 2021 5:20 PM BST
Rediculous Czech as this bloke at the head of the GBGB , Shocking .
Report casemoney May 11, 2021 1:47 PM BST
Another decent monday column Matt Newman basically saying what most of us know

Regarding breeding Slower Dogs for welfare ..Hitting the nail on the Head regarding Box Ups

and track prep .

I suggest that anyone who thinks Breeding slower dogs will prevent injuries , Is dispatched off to

Mr Holloways kennels for a few weeks hurdling ,Ricki has fantastic success with lets say dogs who have lost

interest or may even be a bit wayward , These two legged Slow breeding raving types  could well benefit from a few

handslips and a few laps over hurdles .
Report wedge1 May 11, 2021 7:05 PM BST
someone please explain to me why putting a screw over hurdles turns them into a an normal hound
Report casemoney May 11, 2021 7:07 PM BST
Their still half Mental , the same as anyone suggesting Breading slower Dogs , Mind not all hurdlers are screws
Report wedge1 May 11, 2021 7:10 PM BST
case putting a dog over hurdles i presume is to take its mind off having a look
Report casemoney May 11, 2021 7:13 PM BST
Yes  Distraction of Jumping the Hurdles , Also livens a dog up Hence sly Handslips ETC
Report wedge1 May 11, 2021 7:15 PM BST
hand slips are not sly they are advertised on all tracks trial results
Report casemoney May 11, 2021 8:36 PM BST
Were not showing  two weeks back in the Post Wedge , at CRAY Plain

Ive known 1 or 2 trainers in the past would get a slip in not on the card not at GRA track
Report casemoney May 18, 2021 4:42 PM BST
PAUL BROWN THIS WEEK Re : Ownership

Have to agree with what he says , Poor prize money on the whole , dogs running strange times of the day ETC  , Kennel bills dear enough Spec if sole owner be looking at a few hundred a month
if you own a couple , Whats the point in owning a dog ? at least back in the day you got a night out with the added bonus of your dog racing, even that has practically gone ,with most racing done and dusted by 9.15 . I see Yarmouth are returning to 7.30 starts on Saturday be interesting to see if that has any impact on attendance . Never been perhaps a weekend by the sea now things have opened up Happy

How many on here still own dogs ?  Not many  I would think .
Report casemoney May 18, 2021 4:45 PM BST
https://greyhoundbet.racingpost.com/#news-story/story_id=490116

Anyone wants a read Happy
Report Czechbet May 18, 2021 5:08 PM BST
Glad they are starting to talk like this case, but its nothing we didn't already know is it Sad
Report casemoney May 18, 2021 6:19 PM BST
Sad state of Affairs Czech , will be Mainly  Syndicates ,and Trainer owned going forward  ,Really

cant see how you can sell the sport ,Few bags for a dog Bottle a month Fees ,U might get the

occasional oner back GrinAs Paul says ur lucky to get a bet on , and much improvement

Trainer hauled up to the Stewards room ,No problems if they run 10 lenghts slower

Agree a few very interesting pieces in the column last few weeks ..
Report Czechbet May 18, 2021 6:36 PM BST
agree all points and yes long may it continue they need to step up to the plate these journos
Report dr . atkins May 18, 2021 7:04 PM BST
when the man in charge of 4 tracks tells you that you can own dogs and run them at my tracks but you are not allowed inside the track to watch them because you are barred i knew the game was dead and he was a cheeky cnt
Report Winja May 18, 2021 8:30 PM BST
we need the australian ruling that bookmakers have to take a bet here.......that will bring back punting owners which is what the game needs.....
Report Czechbet May 18, 2021 8:36 PM BST
yep but needs to be policed also zero integrity right now.
Report wondersobright May 18, 2021 8:37 PM BST
over here they would revert back to hardly pricing anything up
Report Winja May 18, 2021 8:50 PM BST
i would take that wonders.....may even visit a betting shop during a meeting again.....have not been in one for years....
Report FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK May 18, 2021 8:54 PM BST
People that have dogs don’t give a monkeys about
How much it costs what kennel bill is
All about **** swinging
Report casemoney May 18, 2021 10:00 PM BST
Fats its getting new people into the game  , Current owners will not last for ever , infact many giving the game up ..
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com