Forums

Greyhounds

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
doncaster rover
07 Oct 20 20:39
| Topic/replies: 541 | Blogger: doncaster rover's blog
Well today I had my first winner as a full owner though I had one 2 weeks ago in joint ownership in a A1 at Monmore but today in a a6 also at Monmore my dog won in good fashion the only wide runner to win he was backed from 2/1 into 8/11,it was only his second ever race and he absolutely lagged in.It was the last race on the card Meteoric Rise is his name he is  a 17 month old pup and a half brother to ace On Fire
Pause Switch to Standard View My first winner as a full owner today
Show More
Report irishone October 7, 2020 8:03 PM BST
Enjoy the feeling ....and good luck mate
Report GLASGOWCALLING October 7, 2020 8:45 PM BST
Well done and All the best Donny. Happy
Report the bairn October 7, 2020 8:46 PM BST
well done Doncaster, you certainly deserve some good fortune, long may it continue. cheers.
Report Winja October 7, 2020 9:01 PM BST
let the good times roll......and keep rolling......nice one....
Report LoyalHoncho October 7, 2020 9:18 PM BST
Well done and good luck in the future too!
Report the old nanny ;-) October 7, 2020 9:33 PM BST
Nice one  Doncaster .. Happy
Report backatrier October 7, 2020 10:48 PM BST
Congratulations Doncaster, thanks for keeping us updated on their progress.
Report FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK October 8, 2020 6:53 AM BST
Well done people and likes of you very good others keep the show rolling Buying and investing money
Report sparrow October 8, 2020 7:49 AM BST
Onwars and upwards, doncaster.
Report sparrow October 8, 2020 7:50 AM BST
*onwards
Report woodmanchester October 8, 2020 11:41 AM BST
Congratulations Donny!

Great when they pick up a trophy, too! Happy
Report Czechbet October 8, 2020 1:55 PM BST
wd and gl in the future with them doncaster
Report track record October 9, 2020 2:34 PM BST
nice one
Cool
Report doncaster rover October 12, 2020 11:36 AM BST
Well it’s Monday 12 Oct I have to runners today my 18 month old pup METEORIC RISE in the 3/18 at Monmore he is 9/4 with a leading bookmaker he has been upgrade from A6 to A4 so it won’t be easy but I believe he will go well and I’m very hopeful he can win it.my other runner is Saturn Storm he’s in the 8/18 or there about S  he has leaat Nottingham
Report doncaster rover October 12, 2020 11:42 AM BST
sorry hadn’t finished the post,he’s running just after 8 pm at Nottinghamit May be on RPGTV he’s running over the B trip 480 as he’s led in both his 500 mts by a fair distance and got collared before the last bend he does not stay and will likely be transferred to a track that runs a regular shorter distance without it being a sprint ,The trainer has done what she can to eek a extra 100 mts out of him but he just doesent have it in him.I could not back him at 20/1 tonight, But I live in hope of him staying a bit further
Report woodmanchester October 12, 2020 1:39 PM BST
Fingers crossed Rover
Report sparrow October 12, 2020 2:55 PM BST
Thanks for the progress reports and the very best of luck, doncaster.
Report Takethepaintoftherails October 12, 2020 3:28 PM BST
well done with meotoric rise donnie. was drawn the wrong with 6 purposely done by racing office to get him beat. but did not matter as he has to much in hand. impressive.
Report the bairn October 12, 2020 3:52 PM BST
Doncaster, you must be very happy with that, start dreaming now, brilliant. cheers.
Report doncaster rover October 12, 2020 5:02 PM BST
So So pleased with him I thought theRacing Office had him boxed in between 4 and 6 but he brushed them aside in a instance thought he ran a very game race shame he runs so wide but on a positive note he will likely miss a lot of trouble in many of his races
Report Takethepaintoftherails October 12, 2020 6:43 PM BST
it sickens me that racing offices think it is acceptable to do that to pups.....but he ran superb donnie. plenty of pace and did not run so wide of the last. Still learning and getting better. B top grade before long
Report LoyalHoncho October 12, 2020 8:18 PM BST
Great stuff, again.  And a decent price too.  Grin
Report irishone October 12, 2020 8:26 PM BST
W d donny
Been looking for a rag all.night !
Report the bairn October 12, 2020 8:40 PM BST
I honestly thought you were beat Don. enjoy it while you can, great story. cheers.
Report doncaster rover October 12, 2020 8:48 PM BST
I thought he was beat in the photo so did the TV pundits they were visibly shocked when they saw the result I still can’t believe it.Its the only race they haven’t shown a rerun nor the photo print
Report sparrow October 12, 2020 8:51 PM BST
Missed the race but very well done, don.
Report doncaster rover October 12, 2020 9:02 PM BST
He won a short head
Report doncaster rover October 12, 2020 9:05 PM BST
i think METEORIC RISEwill be upgraded to A3 now. But he should always get the 6 box now as even the commentar said he is running on the grass you can’t get more wide than that
Report GLASGOWCALLING October 12, 2020 9:55 PM BST
Well done Donny, enjoy the ride. Happy
Report woodmanchester October 12, 2020 10:27 PM BST
Cool
Report doncaster rover October 16, 2020 11:23 AM BST
Well it’s friday16 October and METEORIC RISE is out again think that’s his third run in 9 or 10 days he’s a May 19 pup so could still be improving at a rate of knots it’s an A3 so it really is a big ask the 1 dog has been backed as soon as the betting opened up from 7/2 into 2/1 7/4 in places to be honest he was not the dog I feared the most.Anyway he’s in it to win it and just hoping for a clear run on the very wide outside and let’s see what he’s made of.He is bouncing at home and in rude health and you can back him at 9/4 now and if you do you are backing an absolute trier but it’s not going to be a walk in the park good luck to those that have joined in the ride,hang on to your seats this may be a bumpy ride
Report doncaster rover October 16, 2020 11:32 AM BST
Trap 1 into 6/4 in places now who knows something I don’t,it seems a very strange gamble  but it is what it is , I wouldn’t go near it at 6/4 but obviously someone knows something I dont
Report doncaster rover October 16, 2020 11:33 AM BST
race is Monmore 2/52 by the way
Report paulo47 October 16, 2020 3:15 PM BST
Well done that man , buy the 2 dog a drink !
Report sparrow October 16, 2020 4:30 PM BST
Well done, donny.
Report doncaster rover October 16, 2020 5:30 PM BST
Yes I have to agree the two dog set the race up for us but in this game sometimes you need a bit of luck on your side,honestly sometimes if it wasn’t for bad luck I don’t think I’d have any luck at all,but I got paid out two big wedges well into my account any way and in these uncertain times that is important.I shall be releasing my superstar puppy next week a trial then he will be racing
Report wedge1 October 16, 2020 5:57 PM BST
donny having previously told me what you paid in my eyes you stole this one kind regards
Report doncaster rover October 17, 2020 11:02 AM BST
Well I’m still bouncing ( not literally ) as I can’t even walk now with this blooming MND but to celebrate I bought a 7 month old puppy with rearing to 12 months he is by a repeat mating a full brother to Ice on fire he looks a absolute picture though as he’s with the breeder in Ireland I haven’t actually seen him ,only photos and videos METEORIC RISE  is of course a half brother ,same mother,I said to the breeder when he told me she had delivered the litter that if I was still alive and had the money then I would have a hog pup if he would sell me one well he said this week he will sell me one so within 48 hours he was bought and paid for,so that’s the winnings off METEORIC RISE spent But at least I have put it to good use ,well let’s hope so
Report Winja October 17, 2020 11:15 AM BST
Wish you all the best with your greyhound ventures donny.....and with your wellbeing....your a class act my friend....
Report the bairn October 18, 2020 9:02 PM BST
Donny, great tip at Central tonight, gave me the extra confidence to bet it, need more guys like yourself on the forum. cheers.
Report irishone October 20, 2020 5:23 AM BST
You are going well les
Keep it up
Report doncaster rover October 20, 2020 12:59 PM BST
Well what can I say my pup Saturn Storm with Annalise Thomson who won his last race 498 mts ar Nottingham ties up Ver Very badly after 400 mts just scraped hom by a short head the trainer put him in a sprint a D3 at Nottingham trap 4 11/36 race Slow away burst through within 50 mts led all the way and hosed up I’m buzzing that’s my last five runners all in October all winners METEORIC RISE X3 SATURN STORM X2 I’m absolutely buzzing maybe I’ve got a half decent sprinter on my hands.His Litter brother JUPITER has his first ever race tomorrow he at Nottingham A5 trap 1 around 11/38 it’s his first race at school he’s 22 months old so a late starter mainly due to void and lots and lots of paperwork details,and a bout of coughing in September meaning he had to be withdrawn about 4 weeks ago he was quicker than Saturn Storm in schooling.But I can’t advise backing him tomorrow,I’m just glad things are looking up      B O O M
Report sparrow October 20, 2020 3:45 PM BST
Great stuff and don't forget to buy a lottery ticket, donny. Grin
Report doncaster rover October 22, 2020 9:09 AM BST
Well my last five runners have all won and today is the long,very long awaited debut of the first dog I bought after 25 years on the side lines he is 22 months old and he is a late starter not because of injury though he did have a slight cough 4 weeks ago but he had a sprint trial last week and ran well enough.His full brother Saturn Storm has won his last two after dropping down a distance Jupiter has always been the quickest of the two in schooling and he definatly stays the 500 mts well.I may be tempting fate to try and get six winners on the belt,but a leading bookmaker opened up at 4/1 this morning and I have availed myself to that don’t know how long that will last probably gone already,but win lose or draw he is a trier big style,and if you back him then we can cheer him home together
Report doncaster rover October 22, 2020 9:10 AM BST
crikey gave everything but his name JUPITER 11/43 NOTTINGHAM
Report doncaster rover October 22, 2020 10:28 AM BST
Oh no 4/1 into 9/4ts to SP for full money now a non runner bet revertS to SP I’ve shown my hand now so have cashed out .god that’s ruined my morning before it’s even started
Report doncaster rover October 22, 2020 12:36 PM BST
Dodged a bit of a bullet there cashed out and had coppers on at the xchanges something stunk there with the betting opene 2/1 then on xchanges went to 7/1 in two minutes he still should have won he went a lentghs clear and got reeled in like he was stood still very very dissapointing
Report doncaster rover October 24, 2020 12:32 PM BST
Well I say how much I was dissapointed in Jupiter in his first race at Nottingham took the lead very easily but capitulated before the first bend all to easily or just didn’t stay like his brother Saturn Storm his next two runs will tell us more.But we must move one one loser and five winners in October is not bad at a
Report doncaster rover October 24, 2020 12:38 PM BST
.all .But tonight’s action is at Monmore my best pup METEORIC RISE 17 month old a second and three firsts tonight he’s in hard  A2 trap five think they have boxed us up a bit,but he is very fit and will and I have a sneaky feeling he can do it ,but it’s not really a bet reccomendation though I will have a small wager on him,no point in owning him if I can’t follow him.Hes in the first race and his sister makes her debut in the fourth race,SCORCHED EARTH she’s fit and well but not expecting a great deal as I don’t think she is putting it all in in her trials so definitely can’t reccomend a bet on her,will speak again on Monday as I have another runner that night
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com