Forums

Greyhounds

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
woodmanchester
12 Jul 20 16:24
| Topic/replies: 30,419 | Blogger: woodmanchester's blog
Any thoughts?

Ballymac Inspeed already touted elsewhere but cant see it myself

It's obviously a strange one but looking at reigning champion Lenson Bocko again

You cant say what's going on with these dogs but enigmatic Wolfe can produce a run and if fit, would be looking at 50/1 with possible boost, Lenson Austin
Pause Switch to Standard View 2020 Irish Derby
Show More
Report frank60 September 15, 2020 9:03 PM BST
A good point Irish, times in the  simi/final were strange, I had a look at both simi/finals cant understand how the first 3 home were quicker then  pestana in the 2nd heat.
Report FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK September 16, 2020 7:35 PM BST
See Keano dog on the card
Wtf that all about
Why was it withdrawn in 1/4 ???
Report the old nanny ;-) September 16, 2020 9:55 PM BST
Cracking card ,Only thing missing is the crowd Sad

Ph Dog out Grin
Report frank60 September 16, 2020 10:18 PM BST
Look out for DROOPYS CURIO in the 9th race on saterday lads, only a handfull of starts and holds 2track records, She might cross over the water for the english derby.
Report woodmanchester September 17, 2020 9:30 AM BST
Yes Frank, flies when getting clear but poor draw to overcome

Cant see many bets. Might go Parachute to beat the running on Ozzy
Report FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK September 19, 2020 10:50 AM BST
Ian Fortune on catching pen
Aussie guy asking why almost 40 dogs this derby gone under 29.30
Want to know why second semi was so much slower
Tractor on track didn’t get a talked about
Funny that
Report the old nanny ;-) September 19, 2020 2:58 PM BST
No place or cast markets Again , poor show by BF on finals night Sad
Report LoyalHoncho September 19, 2020 4:39 PM BST
Cheers fattie - good post.  Missed that.  Any strong fancies tonight?  I agree with nanny.  Finals night, should be good liquidity and b'f can't muster the enterprise to set up place markets.  Very poor.
Report woodmanchester September 19, 2020 5:16 PM BST
Still say Pestana can remain unbeaten through the Irish Derby but Taylor could finish closer to him this time

Baldie must have had a brainstorm and somehow managed to get a decent 6.7/1 treble on. Must have slipped through the net

Trio namely crack sprinter Brodys Magic, very hard to beat Black Parachute and after debate, record breaking Droopys Curio beats Tas to the punch and overcomes draw

Toolmaker Sydney might have the best middle gears in the land but still not totally convinced by him

As a little sidebet after the grand climax, would like to see Wolfe and Coolavanny Chick do well
Report sparrow September 19, 2020 5:30 PM BST
the old nanny ;-) 19 Sep 20 14:58 
No place or cast markets Again , poor show by BF on finals nigh

I have spoke to Betfair about this and he said he would see what he could do.  Purple exchange are offering those markets.
Report sparrow September 19, 2020 5:32 PM BST
Wanted to back the 1 dog in the final to place as well as to win. Has the second fastest time so far in this competition.
Report woodmanchester September 19, 2020 5:35 PM BST
Needs to fly out Sparrow. Surely wont lead Pestana or Taylor, but you never know

Just hope for a clean race and may the best dog win!
Report wedge1 September 19, 2020 6:50 PM BST
hope i am wrong but 1st bend carnage awaits at 9.24
Report LoyalHoncho September 19, 2020 8:01 PM BST
Not playing but Mike will rarely get a better chance to land the money than tonight.  Just needs to tail the 4.
Report LoyalHoncho September 19, 2020 8:03 PM BST
Most unfortunate but he certainly is not fully committed to chasing the hare is he?!
Report LoyalHoncho September 19, 2020 8:28 PM BST
What a boost for the fledgling stud career of Droopys Buick were Newinn Taylor to win the final tonight.  If Buick himself had possessed the "consistent" early pace of this one how good ( and he was bloody good anyway ) might he have been himself?!
Report LoyalHoncho September 19, 2020 8:33 PM BST
ffs - I didn't know he'd died just recently!
Report chavman September 19, 2020 8:39 PM BST
pestana looks electric out the traps,gotta win for me
Report woodmanchester September 19, 2020 8:57 PM BST
Thought Brodys Magic most unlucky but right about Toolmaker Sydney
Report woodmanchester September 19, 2020 9:14 PM BST
Would have been looking at 6.7/1 Curio but for Brody knock Plain
Report woodmanchester September 19, 2020 9:17 PM BST
Pestana currently fair bit favourite exch
Report LoyalHoncho September 19, 2020 9:21 PM BST
What I like about Taylor, as an added extra, is how he runs between 1 and 2.  He consistently runs/races three wide all the way around which very much reduces the chance of being hampered by any railer ( or railers ) who might be upsides him there.  I think he wins this well.
Report the old nanny ;-) September 19, 2020 9:27 PM BST
I had 65 Cast Last week I had taylor Miracle cast PMSL , Brave run by taylor
Report the old nanny ;-) September 19, 2020 9:28 PM BST
Hope Pestana ok
Report LoyalHoncho September 19, 2020 9:29 PM BST
Arguably he's only just won but he;s run a brilliant race considering how moderately away he was. His pace and courage around the bottom bends - amazing.  Here's hoping Pestana is ok.  Looked a bad one which overshadows the race really.  Cooper looked to have every chance.
Report Winja September 19, 2020 9:30 PM BST
agree nanny....great final run by the winner but the bitch should have won......shame she did not stay on the rails.....
Report woodmanchester September 19, 2020 9:33 PM BST
Taylor barge but flew to bend after moderate break

Might have been a different story if Pestana better break and got round

Hope the dog's okay. Looked a nasty tumble
Report the old nanny ;-) September 19, 2020 9:34 PM BST
Hare seemed to take forever after Ian had done his line up bit .
Report Winja September 19, 2020 9:35 PM BST
considering he charged the traps i though he broke as well as he could......was getting out paced to the bend cost him.....
Report the old nanny ;-) September 19, 2020 9:40 PM BST
pesty carried off Sad
Report woodmanchester September 19, 2020 9:41 PM BST
Pestana carried off track Sad
Report LoyalHoncho September 19, 2020 9:42 PM BST
Tragic.
Report woodmanchester September 19, 2020 9:52 PM BST
Taylor unlikely for English Derby
Report the old nanny ;-) September 19, 2020 10:00 PM BST
Pace of 5 Shocked
Report the old nanny ;-) September 19, 2020 10:15 PM BST
Broken Fibula Sad
Report woodmanchester September 19, 2020 10:17 PM BST
Pestana done fibula. Unlikely to race again but hopefully, he'll be okay
Report woodmanchester September 19, 2020 10:18 PM BST
Think i'm on a time-lag Nanny! Laugh
Report the old nanny ;-) September 19, 2020 10:18 PM BST
Sad end to what is the Best irish derby I have seen. been fantastic since day 1 . Pestana a true super star .
Report Winja September 19, 2020 10:26 PM BST
best wishes to pestana.....hope the injury is not life threating.....fantastic greyhound.....
Report irishone September 19, 2020 10:29 PM BST
They think its a broken  fibula... Not confirmed by x ray.....?
Report Big Ern September 20, 2020 2:00 AM BST
Congrats to Taylor, a worthy winner but all thoughts with Pestana. The fastest dog to ever run round Shelbourne and a true superstar. Please be ok you didn't deserve that
Report Big Ern September 20, 2020 2:01 AM BST
Congrats to Taylor, a worthy winner but all thoughts with Pestana. The fastest dog to ever run round Shelbourne and a true superstar. Please be ok you didn't deserve that
Report the old nanny ;-) September 20, 2020 3:47 AM BST
If it had been Just a fall , Could u imagine the interest in a Match race Going forward , In normal days the Park would have been packed ,The Lights dimmed for a spectacle to behold ,Iain doing the Comms as the hare made its way to the Boxes pestana in 2 taylor in 6 Plain

Lets  hope he throws one out like himself HappyA  magnificent derby ,well done to all concerned, all dogs who entered , we had a shining
light among all the shyte we have been going through ,pestana was a massive part .

A few coming over to Notts, if its 10 % of what we have seen it will be a Success .
Report irishone September 20, 2020 8:41 AM BST
Not a great advert for the game. Yes two great dogs. Is there nothing more to be done about the draws ? We go on about health and safety in human life. Yet we accept this as part "of the game" when it comes to animals. Well if this is part of the game .....we dont need accidents like this  in the final of the best greyhound competition. It doesnt have to be this way ! What can be dpne  ?
Report woodmanchester September 20, 2020 9:44 AM BST
Curio might be a record breaker but not got the early in better class

Delighted with Wolfe and Coolavanny Chick! Excited
Report LoyalHoncho September 20, 2020 3:08 PM BST
I agree with you irish and always have done.  Dead Railers should get red, no matter the advantage, and wides should get wide, again no matter the advantage.  Otherwise they are at a huge disadvantage, as shown last night.  There's no doubt in my mind that Pestana would be jumping around his kennel today, fit and healthy, had he been given T1 or T2 in preference to Wild and Meenagh, who are clearly middle runners.  The draw rules are just ridiculous - there was one earlier round heat where there were five wide runners in the same heat, and several heats without a wide at all!?  Madness.  And the racing manager should have sole management and decision on the seeding of each entry, from the third round onwards - at least.  By then he will have seen each dog trial and run at least four times.  We either act in the interests of dog welfare or just pay lip service to it and sound like we care once a dog gets injured.  Both Wild and Meenagh should have been designated middle status, and if that means they get trap 6 occasionally. then so be it.  ffs, in Round 1 conns. called Cooper a railer and he ran from T1 - wtf was that all about?
Report wedge1 September 20, 2020 4:36 PM BST
hate pointing this out but i foresaw the outcome thats why i put it up
nobody likes to see a hound go ass over tit but that draw in my mind made it a knock on
Report frank60 September 20, 2020 5:26 PM BST
VERY few could have foresaw 4 dogs going to the 1st bend with a lenght between them givin the early rd heats, it would be interesting to know what the perfect draw would have been for the final if there could been such a thing.  Hindsight is a Wonderful thing.. p.s a pestana win would have netted me just sort of 2k
Cry
Report irishone September 20, 2020 5:34 PM BST
Its nothing to do with money, or foresight for me. Its about being able to prove that we as humans reduce the risk of that happening in a major final ever again. There is a big hole in the draws issue and at the same time we have the greatest race of the year being scarred by what happened. There has to be a way to be able to show that the risk was managed , certainly wasn't managed effectively was it ? Meanwhile our game suffers.
Report irishone September 20, 2020 5:39 PM BST
The other thing which became very clear last night is that real greyhound people were more interested in pestanas welfare than the result.
Report sparrow September 20, 2020 5:49 PM BST
wedge did predict the trouble and posted so beforehand and when you have a dog like Pestana being drawn in 4 you are always liable for this sort of thing to happen. The final was also spoilt some years ago with that window cleaner's dog a wide runner drawn in 2 spoiling the chances of a few. The draw rules have needed changing for many years now.
Report wedge1 September 20, 2020 6:02 PM BST
pestana got drawn in 5 and qualified in an heat i thought along with the respected ph would possibly see him beat last night i looked at the draw and seriously could see carnage i posted so unfortunately a good dog suffered a most disconcerting injury any true dog man would wish to befall
Report woodmanchester September 20, 2020 6:12 PM BST
T4 or not, thought Pestana unlucky for wrongly anticipating the start. Still showed more up than Wild, just couldnt get round. If had, Taylor would have had his work cut out. If Pestana had gone round would have beaten Meenagh further than Taylor did
Report wedge1 September 20, 2020 6:22 PM BST
good god a journalist of the sacked esteem gives us an if really fecking idiot
oh and dont reply woodcock as we know you dont read blocked posts you fecking moron
Report irishone September 20, 2020 6:39 PM BST
Ah yes it was the dogs fault ..... Not the morons who wont seed them.... Typical d h e a d  mentality from the woodcock.... Thats the intelligence level in this game
Report LoyalHoncho September 20, 2020 6:41 PM BST
It wasn't hard to spot the trouble coming/being a possibility.  I would have thought most of us did.  The race set up favoured the winner right from the moment the draw was made, as did the whole competition to be frank.  For years now wide runners have been favoured at this competition and dogs who are really middle runners are seeded as railers because there is no middle seeding.  And we know why.  Owners and trainers ( in particular ) feel their middle running dogs, in the event of mishaps, will have a better chance from the inside than they would from the wide outside draw. They have said so live on rpgtv - at least the honest ones have.  Imo irish's point is a critical one and needs addressed.
As for you woodie, your post confirms everything i say.  Neither the winner nor Pestana boxed in their normal fashion.  The fact that the wide runner got away with it and the railer boxed in 4 didn't is the whole point!  It's flick all to with whether he turned or didn't turn in the traps or whether your poxy bet went down the tubes!
Report woodmanchester September 20, 2020 6:49 PM BST
You can all sod off. Agree wides greatly favoured but Pestana would have won if not in reverse at start
Report woodmanchester September 20, 2020 6:51 PM BST
PS Loyal, lost nothing on my "poxy" bet

Hope Taylor comes for English but doubt it

Still an exceptional greyhound
Report LoyalHoncho September 20, 2020 6:51 PM BST
F uck whether it would have won.  It got ****g hurt and that's all that matters!  Donut.
Report woodmanchester September 20, 2020 6:53 PM BST
PPS, you could have got 7/4 Taylor. The majority expected a Pestana win

Hope you lumped on. Would have redressed the balance for all the losers you post! LaughWinkWinkDevil
Report woodmanchester September 20, 2020 6:58 PM BST
...and ive said profusely hope he's okay!
Report woodmanchester September 20, 2020 7:00 PM BST
Dog got hurt so why talk of match races?

Think Irish is rubbing off on you

I'll take you under my wing if you like you'd be better off! Happy
Report wedge1 September 20, 2020 7:03 PM BST
how to make yourself popular woodcock when will you learn you cant read this so therefore cant get it pulled you are an immature absolute complete fecking  failed sob
Report the old nanny ;-) September 20, 2020 7:04 PM BST
Pestana been Electric from Box , Missed end of,they are not machines , 6 missed and flew up

Injury ruined a great final ,wish the dog all the best  at stud , you were already Told that it would be very doubtful Irish winner coming over but still for some reason played the double bet  .

Holland will not be sending Taylor and very much doubt the owner would request he does .

I doubt pestana would have made the trip .
Report wedge1 September 20, 2020 7:07 PM BST
the only hound of any class mr holland is sending is bocko
Report sparrow September 20, 2020 7:12 PM BST
It's not about whether a dog missing it's break or not it's about the draw and whether a dog like Pestana can be allowed to run from any trap. If we care about a clean race then a dog like Pestana should only run from Trap 1 and the rules need changing to account for wide runners also being allowed to run from inside draws.
Report frank60 September 20, 2020 7:15 PM BST
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zSZiGdFmOY&t=49s       stop the vid at 19sec lads know one expected these 4 dogs so close togather.
Report woodmanchester September 20, 2020 7:25 PM BST
Nanny, the Derby double was struck before the Irish doubtful. Said this before

Not bothered about my bet, laid off stakes anyway

Great shame for Pestana. Will always be remembered as the only dog to break 29.00 secs

Hope he pulls through and we get some rockets from his offspring
Report the old nanny ;-) September 20, 2020 7:29 PM BST
Sparrow I don't agree with Irish draw but Suggesting dogs should be put in certain  traps?

Draw major part of every race ,Pestana has won out of every box other than 6 which he was runner up from , 2 and 3 were devoid last night he had to clear 1  , with the miss sadly  that didnt happen ,Taylor only just made the Bend himself after missing and he was in his Box .
Report woodmanchester September 20, 2020 7:30 PM BST
Irish, Wedge and Deptford always jump to wrong conclusions. Well, they did before i blocked them all! Laugh
Report the old nanny ;-) September 20, 2020 7:31 PM BST
Dogs injured daily from bad draws in the UK where they have been boxed up by the grader , Whatys worse ?
Report irishone September 20, 2020 7:32 PM BST
Glad you pointed that out case. Agree its valid. But where they fecked up this time was in the final.... Advertised widely, showpiece etc
Report sparrow September 20, 2020 7:34 PM BST
Nanny.....I was brought up in the days when there were just railers and wides seeded and the racing manager used his discretion. The idea that we have to hope that a particular dog doesn't miss it's break for a clean race is ridiculous.
Report sparrow September 20, 2020 7:37 PM BST
We know this happens in other races every week and the point is that it is preventable in some cases. We need to alter the rules not hope for the best and say it was just one of those things when something happens.
Report irishone September 20, 2020 7:43 PM BST
Altering the rules ...... definitely agree Sparrow. I'd like to see published vets reports on dogs as well. We have the technology now to measure where a dog is during a race. Same technology on players in football match. Use it do identify a proper railer and wide dog scientifically not based on opinion. Just a thought.
Report woodmanchester September 20, 2020 7:45 PM BST
You all say change the rules, but can dogs can clash at the bend

Youre talking like antis. Go hug a tree! Laugh

Its been this was since the first meeting at Vue in 1926

If you cant stomach it, get out!
Report woodmanchester September 20, 2020 7:46 PM BST
Sure greyhound wefare rights etc are doing all they can
Report irishone September 20, 2020 7:50 PM BST
The king of the bow lux
Report sparrow September 20, 2020 7:52 PM BST
What the hell would you know about how racing managers allocated trap draws woodmanchester?
I was watching this game before you were born you idiot.
Report LoyalHoncho September 20, 2020 8:02 PM BST
sparrow, I'm sure I saw you in the crowd of the Blue Lamp, when the bookies did their tic tac about trap 7!  Laugh
Report woodmanchester September 20, 2020 8:04 PM BST
No need to be abusive Sparrow.. I remember when only rails and wides too

Racing managers paid to do a job. Might not always get it right but like i said, 6 dogs hurtle to the bend and any of them could clash

That's all im saying!
Report irishone September 20, 2020 8:24 PM BST
The forum village ejit having a ball tonight
Report the old nanny ;-) September 20, 2020 8:27 PM BST
Speaking of Draws have look at the state of this Final at Swin Shocked
Report the old nanny ;-) September 20, 2020 8:28 PM BST
She Just got Round
Report woodmanchester September 20, 2020 8:32 PM BST
3 and 4 going always going left anyway, Nanny
Report irishone September 20, 2020 8:38 PM BST

Sep 20, 2020 -- 1:30PM, woodmanchester wrote:

Irish, Wedge and Deptford always jump to wrong conclusions. Well, they did before i blocked them all!

irishone • September 18, 2020 7:09 PM BST
Big prices Here the rags........ Followed by                                         woodmanchester • September 18, 2020 7:52 PM BST
Irish will be backing the unnamed rag here!                                                           BOW LUX ......

Report irishone September 21, 2020 6:49 AM BST
Sadly enough pestana broke his tibia , he is with vet shane guerin in cork , very capable man looking to fix it . Best wishes all around .
Report frank60 September 21, 2020 2:36 PM BST
Thanks for the update irish
Report LoyalHoncho September 21, 2020 6:38 PM BST
Yes, thanks irish.  From fibula to tibia.  Trainers interviewed on rpgtv aren't the brightest sometimes, eh?!
Report LoyalHoncho September 21, 2020 7:37 PM BST
News from a mate's mate.
Ladbroaks treating Pestana each way first six ante post bets, first six, as losers!
What a shower of absolute ****s!
Report ItsMeSwaddle September 21, 2020 8:32 PM BST
That stinks.
Report the old nanny ;-) September 22, 2020 3:12 PM BST
WTF that cant be right Loyal ?
Report wedge1 September 22, 2020 7:00 PM BST
talk about taking it to the extreme 6 runners 5 finishers harsh but it was not 6th
Report LoyalHoncho September 22, 2020 7:30 PM BST
It has to be hidden away somewhere in their T and C's but there can't be a punter anywhere who wouldn't believe that getting into the final is a guaranteed sixth place, no matter what.  In the declared RP and IGB result the dog is listed as a "6" in the order of finish, only in the remarks is it a DNF for did not finish.  This is fundamentally different to a NH horse race, or indeed a flat race, where any horse who, for whatever reason, does not finish is not given a number of order of or position of finish!
Pestana is listed as 6th on both results pages and as such should be considered 6th?  Don't you think?  If not it shouldn't be given an order of finish number?!
Sharp practise by Laddies in my view.
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y September 22, 2020 8:12 PM BST
Pikey Power trying to pay SP (yes I kid you not) on bets struck on Newinn Taylor at 14s on Sunday August 23rd the day after the 2nd round
Report FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK September 22, 2020 8:25 PM BST
It boils your piss unbelievable whelching
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y September 22, 2020 8:57 PM BST
Trying the same thing on they did with Ted Hegarty only this time on ante post bets.....we don't cover Shelbourne.....you can have SP.....those prices where for online only.....
Report FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK September 22, 2020 9:13 PM BST
****g ****s ain’t they
Report wondersobright September 22, 2020 9:32 PM BST
fkin scumbags will try anything
Report woodmanchester September 23, 2020 8:57 PM BST
They should change the phrasing to: "to reach the final"
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com