Forums

Greyhounds

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
trevorbrooking
02 Jul 20 17:55
| Topic/replies: 94 | Blogger: trevorbrooking's blog
Glad the race went off on time otherwise this dog would have gone off at 10.. What a gaff track is Newcastle. Anything goes. Best early in the race by a mile but big drifter and it runs accordingly tailed off untouched . What a gaff

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 22
By:
Mahoney
When: 02 Jul 20 20:55
Fane Pink ?

You're looking at an A7

T1 .. best time
T2 .. admittedly nearly 5 years old .. but is still an A4/A5 grade dog that's been running in and winning HCaps
T3 .. loves a damp track .. has been running in HCaps .. plenty of race time left in this .. won decent srpint HCap last year do certainly no slouch at the start
T4 .. not even 2 yet but romped away in an A8 last week
T5 .. very experienced has won from A4to A6 and probably classiest dog in the field
T6 .. FANE PINK .. your dog .. never won .. looked ungenuine when 2nd on 02nd June in A6, should have won A6 on 12th June but wouldn't go past leader (ungenuine), 20th June A6 .. beaten easily, 26th June A6 beaten easily. A7 today ??

5 races since 2nd June ? .. poor sod's legs are probably a few inches shorter already and it should be rested and taught how to go past a dog. In fact showed signs today that it didn't want to be there - never got going and then got bumped at 1st and 2nd bends  ...

So what are you exactly expecting from this poor bugger and why on earth did you think it looked a good thing today ?

You say it "tailed off untouched" ... you sure ?

PS .. i laid it based on form alone ... what's your accusation ?
By:
Mahoney
When: 02 Jul 20 21:06
Your last post before today's post was in February when you were moaning about a dog called Smurfing Master which also came in sixth in a race a Newcastle - same as today's dog did.

BOTH dogs are

Trainer: D Calvert (Newcastle) Owner :Mr W S Ditch

That's too much of a coincidence

I suggest you get your tips elsewhere in future 'cos some bugger is winding you up
By:
Mahoney
When: 02 Jul 20 21:12
In fact can i suggest something else based on no evidence at all ? ... but it's just a thought.

Since you were tipped both dogs and both dogs got backed heavily at early prices before drifting dramatically on Betfait ... and then running as if they had lead in their legs ... and both dogs have the same trainer/owner

... is it possible someone is using you and others (by tipping you the dog) to get the price right down and then they are laying it to lose themselves ?

Don't say anything ... but next time you get a tip on the same trainer/owner from the same person then let us know on here .... and we can lay it .. you may get your money back that way
By:
Mahoney
When: 02 Jul 20 21:22
You post previous to those two mentioned above was on 30th Jan

about Private Present .... "Drifted massively beaten twelve lengths never touched"

Guess who the trainer is ?
D.Calvert ... the same
By:
Mahoney
When: 02 Jul 20 21:24
So ... three posts ... 3 dogs at Newcastle ... all drifted and ran as if swimming in cement ...

... a pattern emerges
By:
garryc
When: 02 Jul 20 21:27
not a trainer i like some of the dogs run terrible but the dog tomight has to leadand missed its break then paced up and got crowded wide its race was done at the bend,defo pocket talk
By:
trevorbrooking
When: 02 Jul 20 22:19
Thanks for your analysis Mahoney and well done on your lay . She lost 2 or 3 lengths at the turn so I must accept that garryc 's comments are more accurate than my initial ones.. . 25.4 ...small bitch ... five runs in 30 days not ideal but not entirely out of the question either especially with six days since last run . beaten 7 3/4 tonight not 6 3/4 as results say but hair splitting and baby stuff compared to what is often allowed to go on at Newcastle. She's probably still overweight even though down 0.4 tonight . I don't think we need to bother about Mr Ditch as I don't think he knows what he owns but what does that matter. Don't think the bitch is ungenuine but that's a matter of opinion .She'll win soon enough in my view but I won't be backing her. I won't post again as I love the game but acknowledge that I was hasty tonight. Good luck to the guys betting 11/10 for the fallen at the off.
By:
Mahoney
When: 02 Jul 20 23:16
Oh for Gawd's sake ... take your a.r.s.e. out of your hands and spare us the "i won't post here again" rubbish. No-one gets anywhere in this game without analysing what went wrong and learning from their mistakes. Repeating mistakes is the way to the poor house - learning from them is the long-term way  to profitability.

Keep posting !! - if anything it's proven useful in knowing that drifters in the market from D.Calvert which have been well backed earlier in the day are best avoided.

Yes .. there's no reason she can't become a solid a7,a8,a9 runner - as i said, she just looked a bit overwhelmed by it all on the previous two runs and needs a rest to clear her mind and some training on how to go past a dog. She's young and there's no reason she should stay ungenuine. Feel a bit sorry for her really as she was up against some experienced HCap dogs recently who can be animals (and not just literally)

But i don't think you can blame the track for all this.
By:
trevorbrooking
When: 03 Jul 20 09:30
You write well Mahoney,I don't think she's ungenuine and do think she'll run higher than A7.  Newcastle has very likely the best quality of dog in the country throughout a number of kennels and arguably the best running surface as well. It also has many quality trainers (and a few not so).The track bookmakers are paid to stand and are slaves to the machine(can't blame them but it's not right), dogs are allowed to finish t/o on consecutive occasions without retrial regularly. I do blame the track for continually allowing so many indiscretions and inconsistencies to occur otherwise it would be the premier track in the country.  They even allowed the handicapper to post up his tips for several meetings on the greyhound star recently(no doubt he didn't grade these cards..yeh yeh) . You cannot be serious as John McEnroe would say. The turned in trap incident of the first race was questionable (I know the youngster did it in a trial) but looking at the video I could see how many questions could be asked.. and Mill Leah ran like a crab. Friend of mine forty years ago used to say that you can forgive a dog one bad run. I don't actually agree but accept that they aren't machines and it's always best to look for a reason than call foul.  fin
By:
trevorbrooking
When: 03 Jul 20 17:16
Had to laugh at some of your comments from last night Mahoney. 'The bitch needs a rest to clear her mind and some training to go past a dog'. -dogs learn trackcraft by running in races which some prove better at than others(injuries accepted). Heaven knows what you are blethering on about saying the bitch needs a rest to clear her mind! 
'She's young and there is no reason why she should stay ungenuine'. In other words if the bitch turns out to be ungenuine then you will be right as you stated it . If she is genuine then you will be right as you predicted her remarkable recovery .I think you'll find that a very small proportion of dogs(can happen on a one off or due to an injury ) become genuine after turning the head/looking. Of course that's what clearance trials are for. Usually they find their way to the hurdles or hopefully beside the fireplace.  Thanks for the laughs.

Very interested to hear the opening suggestion of your 10.12 post - 'In fact I can suggest something else based on no evidence at all'?..but just a thought . Expand at your leisure?
By:
Mahoney
When: 03 Jul 20 19:45
Simple really ...

i posted "In fact can i suggest something else based on no evidence at all ? ... but it's just a thought.
Since you were tipped both dogs and both dogs got backed heavily at early prices before drifting dramatically on Betfait ... and then running as if they had lead in their legs ... and both dogs have the same trainer/owner
... is it possible someone is using you and others (by tipping you the dog) to get the price right down and then they are laying it to lose themselves ?"

What i meant by ""In fact can i suggest something else based on no evidence at all ? ... but it's just a thought.""  .... was that i have no evidence for what i wrote in the post .. it was just a suggestion .. a thought.

As for the rest of the comments you just made ... you're the one who came on and posted your backside off moaning about a dog losing, not me. You're the one who thinks dogs are machines and don't have personalities/psychological traits/feelings .. not me

I have my approach .. you have yours - but i maintain that an unhappy dog isn't one to be backing
By:
Mahoney
When: 03 Jul 20 19:46
Simple really ...

i posted "In fact can i suggest something else based on no evidence at all ? ... but it's just a thought.
... is it possible someone is using you and others (by tipping you the dog) to get the price right down and then they are laying it to lose themselves ?"

What i meant by ""In fact can i suggest something else based on no evidence at all ? ... but it's just a thought.""  .... was that i have no evidence for what i wrote in the post .. it was just a suggestion .. a thought.

As for the rest of the comments you just made ... you're the one who came on and posted your backside off moaning about a dog losing, not me. You're the one who thinks dogs are machines and don't have personalities/psychological traits/feelings .. not me

I have my approach .. you have yours - but i maintain that an unhappy dog isn't one to be backing
By:
Mahoney
When: 07 Jul 20 18:59
Ran again tonight T4 instead of T6

As soon as she was touched she didn't really want to know ... could she not catch T1 or did she not want to ?

Difficult to tell because T1 was the better dog on form
By:
highmoon
When: 07 Jul 20 20:48
Genius Mahoney tipping line on the horizon....
By:
Mahoney
When: 08 Jul 20 02:28
The only tipping line i would ever run would repeat the same message every night ...

"Anyone who puts money on a tip from a stranger without thinking about why that stranger would give away the information instead of backing it themselves is a complete eejit"
By:
highmoon
When: 09 Jul 20 17:30
Come on mahoney your the genius at newcastle any goods for tonight......from your favourite calvert kennel
By:
highmoon
When: 09 Jul 20 17:31
Come on mahoney your the genius at newcastle any goods for tonight......from your favourite calvert kennel
By:
highmoon
When: 11 Jul 20 16:33
Calling Mahoney fane pink 29.37 looked  different bitch today  never waited like you said.  hope you never laid it today ? maybe Trevor brookings remarks had  some Merrit  after all Mr M must have been on today......
By:
nineteen points
When: 11 Jul 20 19:18
we all know who will have been on
By:
Mahoney
When: 12 Jul 20 03:11
Highmoon ... if you want to get into a ridiculous war of world with me - you WON'T win. If you are trying to bait me - it won't work.

Perhaps they took my advice and gave it more schooling !!

But come on .. that was such a weak A7 tonight it was comparable with a half-decent A8. Broke well and didn't have to go past anything - that will be the test of it.

They (he) claimed this was an A5+ dog i said  "there's no reason she can't become a solid a7,a8,a9 runner" .. i have yet to be disproved on that point.

If you look back to the start of the thread the OP was claiming / intimating that the track/business etc was crooked. All i did was put him right on why Fane Pink, so far, has run exactly to the form it has shown.
By:
trevorbrooking
When: 12 Jul 20 17:48
Highmoon- Question for you . Would this Mr M that you refer to have any Irish/Scottish/Glaswegian connection?

I'll deal with the absolute drivel that Mahoney is continually spouting when I have the energy to write something
By:
trevorbrooking
When: 13 Jul 20 11:49
Going to let this thread lie as I wouldn't want to see a kennel lose it's license just because it did a job even though I have so much more to say . Do yourself and your kennel a huge favour Mahoney and don't write any more on this thread.
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com