Forums

Greyhounds

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
These 69 comments are related to the topic:
scurlogue champ shawfield

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 69
By:
MALAY
When: 28 May 20 06:42
Not that it matters it was 730, decoy princess holds the track record.

A fierce trip indeed.
By:
privatehire
When: 28 May 20 07:30
That would be ideal trip for the mooted match btwn redzer ardfert n antigua fire. I,d walk to shawfield to c that.
By:
cammy glasgow
When: 28 May 20 08:58
Yes yur correct but woopsy held the track record for 725m long before decoy 45.91 i think was a long time ago though 87 a think..but yur right it dosent really matter
By:
dr . atkins
When: 28 May 20 17:59
i see no trials at the track will it re-open the main question
By:
RothmanMike
When: 28 May 20 21:17
Catunda Flame trained by Russ Kinsey.
The amazing Joe Cobbold had Decoy Princess, and would travel anywhere from his East Anglian
base .Was one of the original "have dog will travel" merchants.
Had some great greyhounds from a special era, Decoy Boom, Decoy Lynx among them, mainly staying types.
By:
sparrow
When: 29 May 20 07:00
By:
cammy glasgow
When: 29 May 20 09:53
Sparrow terrific photos m8 thanks for that brilliant
By:
GLASGOWCALLING
When: 29 May 20 10:08
Old Photo here ... 1939. Happy

https://www.gettyimages.ae/detail/news-photo/man-walking-his-greyhounds-down-a-glasgow-street-eighty-six-news-photo/3417729
By:
sparrow
When: 29 May 20 11:44
You're welcome, cammy.
By:
the bairn
When: 29 May 20 13:41
sparrow brilliant photos, but you might have got one with Clyde F C playing in the centre. cheers.Excited
By:
sparrow
When: 29 May 20 14:44
Funny that bairn because as a youngster in London during the 50s we all had a favourite Scottish team and mine for some reason was Clyde Grin
By:
smirnoff2therescue
When: 29 May 20 15:11
You must have been glory hunting back then Sparrow cos Clyde won the Scottish cup in 55 and 56 WinkWinkLaugh
By:
sparrow
When: 29 May 20 15:56
Yes smirnoff, but I was only 8 and 9 years old. Laugh
By:
MALAY
When: 30 May 20 13:40
Great photos sparrow, I think it's sad that Clyde left their home. Good club.

Great info Rothman.
By:
privatehire
When: 30 May 20 15:56
The bully wee Laugh
By:
MALAY
When: 30 May 20 17:41
i can't remember when Clyde left shawfield but the dunnes were big shareholders in the football club , but frank and billy fell out quickly with the dunnes and they were gone.

Billy dislikes football (no idea whether he is green or blue) maybe because he is competing with 2 massive clubs for Glasgow's spare money.

It's all about cash for Billy, at least the track is still operating.
By:
cammy glasgow
When: 31 May 20 18:19
Not 100% sure but think it was 85 wen they left shawfield been out garden all day keep the posts cuming about the old days guys love it
By:
sparrow
When: 01 Jun 20 17:00
By:
sparrow
When: 01 Jun 20 17:01
1978 Scottish Derby above advert.
By:
the bairn
When: 01 Jun 20 23:22
sparrow, you'll not believe it, I had a wee bitch that won the Skol marathon at Thornton in 1979, prize money £1000, it just shows you the strength of the flapping tracks in those days, winning a flapping race got more cash than running 2nd in the Scottish derby, amazing. cheers.
By:
sparrow
When: 02 Jun 20 06:48
The bairn....although not a fan of flapping tracks I am a big supporter of marathons and a £1000 in 1979 would be worth nearly £6000 in todays money so yes a great prize.
By:
When: 03 Jun 20 22:05
Looking at the pics it does sicken me as it looks the same now 50 years later with no investment just ageing away to ruin.

I think the place could be goldmine with Romford type facilities - reasonably priced and give people the product.

I used to love a wee dog always nearly in the last race - Popalong Fred - won a shedload of races from the back.

I had double on Scots Derby Final night - up the track with piper on Sky (Open Standard/Pups race) and won Open Standard year before - great nights.
By:
cammy glasgow
When: 04 Jun 20 22:30
Popalong fred was a great backmarker at the track remember the dog fondly. Think he was fawn with a touch of white somewere ?
By:
mighty
When: 09 Jun 20 20:49
Any news on restart?
promised my grandson I would take hin too the digs,

ave got a box of racecards FM P hall, greyhound stars & Greyhound monthly,s
if anyone wants.
By:
the bairn
When: 10 Jun 20 18:34
i'd be interested, mighty, especially the Powderhall progs. I don't think I missed many meetings from the eighties, if there were any progs. with some of our dogs that would be brilliant, the dogs ran from 1978 After Seven, 1987 Vackey Eagle ran in a heat of the Scottish derby when it was run at Powderhall,1990 Little Things a1 also ran 3rd in final Edinburgh Cup to Social Circle, Dempseys Wish and Carneys Lodge in 1990 have a wee look to see if you could find any if it is not too cheeky. thank you. cheers.Excited
By:
mighty
When: 11 Jun 20 05:40
Hi bairn I am gonna look thru them shortly
will let u know.
By:
the bairn
When: 11 Jun 20 11:55
oh well done mighty, hope their is a couple lurking. cheers.
By:
mighty
When: 17 Jun 20 05:08
Hi bairn all papers & programmes 93-96
Moral Standards derby, Scottish derby Edin cup.
One from Cleveland park 16th June when we took a dog down
had a touch @ 5/2 to a grand won 9L new track record.
the record was lowered 3 races before.
ah, the good old days.
By:
mighty
When: 17 Jun 20 05:08
Hi bairn all papers & programmes 93-96
Moral Standards derby, Scottish derby Edin cup.
One from Cleveland park 16th June when we took a dog down
had a touch @ 5/2 to a grand won 9L new track record.
the record was lowered 3 races before.
ah, the good old days.
By:
the bairn
When: 17 Jun 20 16:56
good show mighty, it's a pity our dogs ran a couple of years earlier, but it is still great to look back on the dogs that ran and see if you can still remember them, if you are still willing to get rid of some of your programmes, i'm still up for it, so as you may have guessed I live in Falkirk, if it is convenient I could come and meet up, that is if it is all right with Nicola KrankieLaughcheers.
Page 2 of 2  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com