Forums

Greyhounds

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
westfour4
23 Mar 20 21:36
| Topic/replies: 903 | Blogger: westfour4's blog
Lockdown measures for Thursday onwards

No way with these measures can it continue
Pause Switch to Standard View Greyhounds racing ends Wed
Show More
Report cosmik debris March 23, 2020 8:44 PM GMT
He said that the new measures will take effect immediately. This might mean that racing stops tonight?
Report westfour4 March 23, 2020 8:46 PM GMT
The emergency bill goes to the Lords on Tuesday for Thursday implantation. It has to be passed in law. The racing authorities may take action before
Report westfour4 March 23, 2020 8:48 PM GMT
Well, that is how I understand how it works. The bill was only passed today in the commons
Report Darlo Bantam March 23, 2020 8:53 PM GMT
Definitely said as of tonight.

I'd have thought no racing tomorrow now.
Report westfour4 March 23, 2020 9:05 PM GMT
"From this evening I must give the British people a very simple instruction - you must stay at home"  Either that is correct to the point or it is a figure of speech and it comes into law Wed for three weeks.....Again a bit not so sure,we will have to await more detail
Report Darlo Bantam March 23, 2020 9:08 PM GMT
Can't see an entire industry, such as greyhound racing, bending a law on the semantics of tomorrow or Wednesday, in such a grave situation as this. It's not worth them annoying authorities, police, government for the sake of a day or two.
Report westfour4 March 23, 2020 9:13 PM GMT
I agree with you Darlo on that.
Report cosmik debris March 23, 2020 9:30 PM GMT
GBGB called off tomorrow's racing

https://greyhoundbet.racingpost.com/#news-story/story_id=429838
Report The Knight March 24, 2020 10:39 AM GMT
Sad to see it happen but very surprised they raced on for the past week.

A balancing act between the economics of a struggling industry and bad publicity for keeping on.

I hope it doesn't last too long but rather relieved to see it come to a stop.

After, the utter stupidity of Sports Direct last night may well cause a backlash against them when this is all over. Be shame to see the media turn on the dogs if they have carried on.
Report jackboo March 24, 2020 1:48 PM GMT
when the dogs come back the formbook will be in the air fit dogs and dogs that are not fit
Report wedge1 March 24, 2020 4:50 PM GMT
half the dogs running in graded races are never fit anyway so if we ever get back to normality it wont matter
Report irishone March 24, 2020 4:57 PM GMT
Laugh. Spot on
Report sparrow March 24, 2020 7:34 PM GMT
They will all have to trial surely.
Report privatehire March 24, 2020 8:45 PM GMT
Yes sparrow. They will all be out of time.
Report casemoney March 24, 2020 8:56 PM GMT
Half the dogs graded to day will never be seen again ,absolutely tragic , we have Minimum of 2 months , Kennel owned dogs how will they be fed , not every owner will be able to pay their Bills , dogs not seeing a track for months will lose lenghts ,As I stated elswhere Htf do you keep a kennel of Dogs race fit Sad
Report Fashion Fever March 25, 2020 5:16 PM GMT
won't see dog racing this year mate
Report casemoney March 25, 2020 5:21 PM GMT
GBGB

“As previously announced, we will therefore be releasing funds for greyhound and professional trainers to assist them in the coming weeks to provide food and bedding for their greyhounds.

“This will constitute 50p per day per dog for each trainer and will include puppies and retired greyhounds, as well as current racers.

“This contingency eliminates – in the short term – any risk to trainers not being able to meet the basic welfare needs of their greyhounds due to loss of income.

50 P a day  ,WTF  what will that do are they having a larf ???
Report casemoney March 25, 2020 5:22 PM GMT
C@nts have spent nearly a million on Office in rent over the previous few years

50 P A DAY Shocked
Report casemoney March 25, 2020 5:40 PM GMT
If anyone can a Foster for a few weeks Might help out ??   Is that allowed ???

We cant leave the poor foookers starving ,3/4 weeks they may cope, any longer ,Disater looms

Another load of starving or dead dogs and the Game will be over  ,Any trainer owner struggling needs to make it known

You cant buy a foooking bone for 50P

I am in the Northeast Pelaw my local any trainer struggling I will take a dog for a few weeks , probably kill me giving it back ,  not sure how many Trainer owners at Sun or Toon ...No good all shouting and roaring when it goes t1ts up , and Blaming people , some trainers will have enough problems looking after their Kids never mind the dogs ....
Report HGS March 25, 2020 5:54 PM GMT
Very noble gesture case. Happy
Report casemoney March 25, 2020 6:37 PM GMT
Donkey has pointed out to me that the GBGB cannot do anymore , So I will retract any thing said against them on this occasion

I would still like a stewards into the Rent Laugh
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com