Forums

Greyhounds

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
TheGoddess
10 Dec 19 22:39
| Topic/replies: 1,661 | Blogger: TheGoddess's blog
Betfai have incorrectly settled my lay of T3 as a DH

Trap 1 won with 7 winners, 3 had 6 and 6 had 5

Cannot be that difficult to count the numbrof winners - surely!

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 25
By:
TheGoddess
When: 10 Dec 19 22:53
Sheffield Eve (18:22 - 21:14) & Poole Eve (18:29 - 21:22)
10 Dec 2019 18:22
Trap Challenge
Winner:
Trap 1
Losers:
Trap 2
Trap 3
Trap 4
Trap 5
Trap 6
By:
NEW FACE
When: 11 Dec 19 08:55
The last race was not shown on TV so settled as a tie between 3 and 1 you have been paid correctly was the quote from customer service
By:
NEW FACE
When: 11 Dec 19 08:56
I have complained suggest everyone else does
By:
devilsadvocate
When: 11 Dec 19 09:09
I think the problem is that historically when there were races at a meeting beyond the scope of the RGPTV coverage (Romford friday nights IIRC before they extended the RGPTV) the bf trap chall. was always settled on
the results of the race that actually took place on RGPTV.

Trap challenge rules are a mess across the various bookmakers and spread firms, leading to confusion. The OP has himself posted Sheffield (18:22 - 21:14) which would have been in keeping with the old BEGS times.
By:
NEW FACE
When: 11 Dec 19 11:32
If the races displayed were the correct races then Trap 1 still won as the last 3 races at Sheffield would have been discounted - So it can’t be that - So it goes back to Sheffield running late - they were in no hurry to get the race off and subsequently it was not shown on TV so it’s excluded from the Trap Challenge - it’s completely ludicrous - Poole were 30 mins behind at one stage last night which could have had a massive impact if they had not decided to catch up. Crazy situation cannot continue - harmful for Betfair and massively Brand Damaging
By:
TheGoddess
When: 11 Dec 19 13:10
THIS IS FROM THE RULES TODAY ON THE TRAP CHALLENGE MARKET

Event Start Time
11 December 2019, 18:22
Win Only Market

Market Information

Which trap will produce the most winners from both of this evenings Racing Post Greyhound TV meetings?

Bets are unaffected by Reserve Traps, Vacant traps or Void races. In the event of either meeting not starting all bets will be void. This market will be turned IN PLAY with unmatched bets cancelled at the start of the first race. If a race results in a dead heat each trap will receive a half-win, with a 3-way dead heat one third-win, and so on. For further information please see our Rules & Regs.

Customers should be aware that:

Transmissions described as “live” by some broadcasters may actually be delayed

The extent of any such delay may vary, depending on the set-up through which they are receiving pictures or data.

UK wallet

Commission on this market

2% Market Base Rate

NOWHERE DOES IT STATE - IF NOT SHOWN IN PICTURE - THE ONLY QUOTE IS HIGHLIGHTED AND STATES Which trap will produce the most winners from both of this evenings Racing Post Greyhound TV meetings?

THE RULES ARE CLEAR = I SHOULD BE PAID
By:
TheGoddess
When: 11 Dec 19 13:14
I QUOTE THE WORD "MEETINGS" - IT DOES NOT SAY RACES!!
By:
TheGoddess
When: 11 Dec 19 13:30
Exchnge rule 13.2 Trap Challenge

Bets on 'Trap challenge' markets are based on which trap results in the most winners during a race meeting, unless stated otherwise in the Market Information.

These markets are unaffected by any changes due to non-runners or reserve runners.

If a race results in a dead heat each trap will receive a half-win, with a 3-way dead heat giving a one third-win, and so on.

Standard dead heat rules apply if two or more traps have an equal number of winners at the end of both meetings.

If a whole meeting is abandoned all bets are void. However if at least one race has been completed then bets on these markets will stand.

MARKET INFORMATION IS "Which trap will produce the most winners from both of this evenings Racing Post Greyhound TV meetings? THEREFORE THE 9.57 SHEFFIELD MUST BE INCLUDED
By:
hectoratoratora
When: 11 Dec 19 14:40
Imo what you need to do
1,escalate the dispute
2,refer the supervisor to the OFFICIAL Sheffield result sheet which shows that meeting number 245 on tues 12th had 14 races,
https://www.owlertonstadium.co.uk/events/tuesday-3rd-december-race-results/
3,count your readies.
By:
hectoratoratora
When: 11 Dec 19 14:45
OOPS wrong link ,this is correct one meeting 250
https://www.owlertonstadium.co.uk/events/tuesday-10th-december-race-results/
By:
wondersobright
When: 11 Dec 19 15:01
its always been, unless clearly stated otherwise, for the races scheduled to be televised on RPGTV

be careful if they state specific race times as this will override it
but betfair never do this

from the RP yesterday...
Home bred aces on Sheffield glory trail tonight on RPGTV
By Racing Post Staff
4:32pm 10 DEC 2019
RACING Post Greyhound TV's Tuesday show consists of a 15-race card from Sheffield (12 opens including the final of the BGBF British Bred Derby) plus 12 races from Poole.
The programme goes on air at 6pm (Front Runner on Sky channel 431, Freesat 250 and is streamed free at greyhoundbet.racingpost.com plus partner websites).
The RPGTV Flying Four concentrates on the Sheffield open action and comprises that British Bred Derby final at 8.44 plus one-off contests at 9.14, 9.29 & 9.44. All have been priced early by partner bookmakers.
The show is presented by Tanya Stevenson who will be joined in the studio by analyst Ali Brown while Julie Collier reports live from Sheffield.
Viewers can contact the show by emailing rpgtv@racingpost.com or tweeting @RPGreyhounds.
There are three changes at Sheffield with Wigwam Whisper out of the opener at 6.22 where reserve Letmedownslowly runs from T4, while both T4 Saving Sonic & T5 Colston Pearl are out of the 9.44 leaving two vacant traps.
There is also one NR at Poole with Zoomey Sheila out of the finale at 9.22 and replaced in T6 by reserve Abbies Rock.

15 races from 6.22 to 9.57 inclusive

its irrelevant that the 9.57 was delayed & not shown on the channel
By:
TheGoddess
When: 11 Dec 19 15:09
I agree, It is quite clearly irrelevant that the 9.57 was not shownon the channel.

The Betfair rules are quite clear - and both rule references say meeting or meetings and with absolutely no reference to any race being shown live or not!!

I have written to RPGTV and an IBAS letter will shortly follow.
By:
wondersobright
When: 11 Dec 19 15:22
something like this really should be sorted before the IBAS stage but you know how incompetent all bookie customer services are
By:
NEW FACE
When: 11 Dec 19 17:36
I have tried ringing texting emailing and you cannot get to speak to anyone - They say they have raised a complaint but what they have done is fundamentally wrong - This needs addressing immediately - it’s blatant sharp practice by Betfair which is just sad to be honest.

No excuses for Sheffield who had no intention of getting the race off on time which does trouble me when money is concerned - Poole were busting a gut to catch up Sheffield we’re doing completely the opposite - The track also needs to be reprimanded if you look at the footage it was blatant by the track not to run the race before 10pm - Tanya picked up on it straightaway

Betfair - Just re-settle and apologise for your Sharp Practice - Have written complaint to IBAS but it should not come to this - FFS
By:
NEW FACE
When: 11 Dec 19 17:38
Been with Betfair 20 years - it’s a long time - probably one of there first members - Sad times to be great like this - Disgusted
By:
TheGoddess
When: 11 Dec 19 17:49
Have emailed RPGTV the following:

Hi Guys

COULD YOU PLEASE DISCUSS 

Last night the Betfair exchange excluded the 9.57 Sheffield from their Trap Challenge result because it was not shown on your programme.

T1 won that 9.57 which, in my eyes, made it the winner of last nights Trap Challenge, however Betfair have settled the event as a dead heat between T1 and T3 - 6 wins a piece.

Betfair are claiming that they have settled the result in accordance with their rules, but quite clearly they have not.

Those rules are below and quite clearly state meeting or meetings, and there is absolutely no reference to any race being shown live or not.

Were the scheduled RPGTV meetings last night Sheffield (15 races) and Poole (12 races) or were they not?

In my opinion, Betfairs application of their own rules are wrong and therefore my bets have been incorrrectly managed.

Until I get satisfaction on this, I will no longer be doing Trap Challenges.
By:
TheGoddess
When: 11 Dec 19 18:17
RPGTV have just shown the 9.57 at Sheffield

AND CONFIRMED

Trap 1 won the combined Trap Challenge - TAKE NOTE BETFAIR!!
By:
ItsMeSwaddle
When: 11 Dec 19 20:08
IBAS a bigger farce than BF.

Good luck id have to agree with you.

I had a similar case a year ago.

When had a hills account live:

Didnt use the last 4 races at Sheff one night despite advertising they would be used.
Reason : Their traders didnt make a book on them LaughLaughLaugh
Really kicked up a stink, eventually a discretionary payout but they didnt admit they were in the wrong.
By:
privatehire
When: 11 Dec 19 22:48
They play by there rules. Usually made up as they go along. They put there interpretation on it.
Villains.
By:
TheGoddess
When: 12 Dec 19 12:40
I noticed before the 9.57 that there was a bet in the back column of £300 at 1.4 on T1 - woner who put that there.

I amalso writing to the Gambling Commission as one of their key objectives are that bookmakers are OPEN & FAIR, clearly in this instance Betfair are neither!!
By:
TheGoddess
When: 16 Dec 19 17:15
Had a reversal in my account this morning HappyHappyHappyHappyHappy
By:
wedge1
When: 16 Dec 19 18:44
I wonder why?
By:
NEW FACE
When: 16 Dec 19 19:28
I also received a very pleasant reversal and money placed into my account today.

I also received a letter of apology and Betfair expressed genuine remorse that they had demonstrated such sharp practice against such loyal customers and promised it would never happen again.

Oh no that’s right - They don’t send email or txt or telephone and if I hadn’t checked my account I would have been none the wiser!!

But to be fair I did receive my full payment - It’s just sad it takes all this bad publicity to generate a refund that anyone with an ounce of sense could have resolved 7 days ago without all this bitterness

Brand Damaging is an understatement
By:
devilsadvocate
When: 17 Dec 19 08:27
Well done guys.How did you get Betfair to change their minds ?
By:
wondersobright
When: 18 Dec 19 13:11
glad to hear this has been resolved
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel