Forums

Greyhounds

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
These 684 comments are related to the topic:
2020 derby

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 8 of 18  •  Previous | 1 | ... | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | ... | 18 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 684
By:
backatrier
When: 23 Sep 20 22:05
Wedge you seem to forget the likes of Salad Dodger & Astute Missile winning in recent years.
Those were big prices throughout competition & remained a big price in the final itself.
The shame is this year those sort of dogs wont get in the 96 but surely with a selected list 50 or 60 will have a realistic chance of winning it?
By:
LoyalHoncho
When: 23 Sep 20 22:42
You have to wonder as to the make up of the panel?
They won't do it but you would imagine Charlie Lister should be consulted as his experience of the event is second to none and he can have no sentiments one way or another nowadays.  I feel he would be totally unbiased and offer great advice.  If It wasn;t for the fact that he would have entries himself I'd go for Mark Wallis too.  An eleven time champion trainer would be expected to offer a lot.  You would think that the lad who ran it so well at Wimbledon might be consulted but they won't go for either/any of these people.  Instead it'll be populated by head pen pushers from GbGb and the sponsors ( and others? ) and the likes of Jonathan Kay and others from the greyhound media.  Rules which people haven't heard of will have to be observed while new rules, which will no doubt be controversial, will be thought up, brought in and applied.  And all the while there will probably be huge variance of opinion within the panel itself making decision very difficult
And no matter who they get to make the decision on final entrants anything up to fifty owners and trainers will be disappointed, many angry and bitter and all resentful that their dog didn't get in.
And the fallout will be horrendous.  I don't envy them at all.
The winners will be the owners of the 90 and the Racing Post, which will milk the story for weeks!
By:
woodmanchester
When: 23 Sep 20 23:26
Lenson Bocko and Doomie trialled well Happy
By:
the old nanny ;-)
When: 24 Sep 20 00:12
Add Tartan Khan Back , 25s in the final must have been a million pre derby ,only Dog to do the Leger Derby double Happy Can never see that double being repeated ..

The full field and 3 runs in a week made the derby IMVHO
By:
the old nanny ;-)
When: 24 Sep 20 00:16
Mind u you can add the Chicane 3rd bend for the Railers and if anyone wants to tell me they wanna be drawn 6 , Never seen so many dogs fall out , Still looks smash middle to me
By:
the old nanny ;-)
When: 24 Sep 20 00:18
It is what it is and I will stop Moaning and wish Entries and the track all the best .
By:
LoyalHoncho
When: 24 Sep 20 02:44
I went to watch ( and back )Tartan Khan then nanny and he only just got in courtesy of a good Trial Stake as I recall.  The White City grader had shifted him out in the previous autumn saying he'd never make the grade!  Dolores Rocket had already done the Derby/Leger double in 1970 mate.  She was some bitch having previously won the Puppy Oaks.
By:
woodmanchester
When: 24 Sep 20 08:46
Youve been in the game longer than me if you remember Tartan Khan, Loyal
By:
irishone
When: 24 Sep 20 18:03
woodmanchester16 Sep 20 08:39

Wonder about this other Roxholme Olaf, currently 66/1 Derby

Number 8 out of 96 ...
By:
the old nanny ;-)
When: 24 Sep 20 19:37
Didnt realise that Honcho
By:
the old nanny ;-)
When: 24 Sep 20 19:45
130 entries what happens to AP bets if your not selected ?
By:
LoyalHoncho
When: 24 Sep 20 19:49
Yes woodie me and a mate went down to watch his final - our first.  I've written about it on here before.  Won't bore people again.
Great night!!!
By:
FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK
When: 26 Sep 20 18:22
Southword jet 66
Gozo 40
Fill your boots
By:
woodmanchester
When: 27 Sep 20 06:02
No Jessiej?
By:
FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK
When: 27 Sep 20 09:45
Probably awaiting next British bred comp easy pickings
By:
FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK
When: 27 Sep 20 10:09
1 could done split kennelling done the whole 16 heats on one night saved a lot bollox for trainers !!!
2 still no derby form on rpgtv website useless
3 as starsports got bollox to go up first pmsl more chance of seeing bob hope at Notts
4 I can not get excited about this one bit
By:
LoyalHoncho
When: 27 Sep 20 11:13
What a line!

more chance of seeing bob hope at Notts

Classic.  Laugh
By:
paulo47
When: 27 Sep 20 13:09
Did Southwood Jet after his win there (bit awkward from traps )at 66s and Kilara Lion at 150s after the Yarmouth race .
By:
irishone
When: 27 Sep 20 18:23
Woodmanchester a serious DC .
Hes added doomie, which is his 9th selection , 7 of which were not even entered in the derby !
By:
wedge1
When: 27 Sep 20 19:22
cannot see past an irish raider winning trouble is im torn between 3  2@ 25 the other @ 100
By:
now wheres that switch!!!
When: 27 Sep 20 23:14
Still at least your feeling positive eh FATTIE.... Jesus!!
Ok.. it is not the best derby ever run... but I’d argue this years winner will be somewhat better than Salad Dodger and Kinda Ready!!!
The world is changing... I can see next years derby being run under similar conditions unfortunately. With regards Southword Jet.. they have missed a 0 off its price
By:
FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK
When: 28 Sep 20 06:57
Don’t be shy switch give me your take on
What to bet ???
By:
woodmanchester
When: 28 Sep 20 07:33
Think the Derby contains some useful dogs, English and Irish

I'd be going for a round or two if allowed anyway

Not sure why this is when i can still go Sheffield?
By:
FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK
When: 28 Sep 20 08:59
What I was saying
Give the trainers a break could had bumper card with split kennelling
Switch love banging on about  (conditions) covid I take it , my take on it don’t believe in it
Never said the dogs them selfs where poor !why he’s referring to salad dodger
+ more or less day wasted with no cards up rpgtv site
Can’t get over excited about it cos not able to go and watch the heats
Which I did when at wimbo loved every rd every min with fat boys
By:
now wheres that switch!!!
When: 28 Sep 20 09:15
Apologies if mis understood the post FATTIE.. just seems to be so much negativity and doom and gloom around the sport everywhere at mo. The Wimbledon days were a far cry from what we have now and personally I think Notts is the wrong track for the derby. I like my dogs to be running in a straight line at the finish, not preparing to take a bend..
Speaking of Wimbledon, does anyone know what happened to “ Alex the clock”...
Good luck with the bets.. for what it’s worth I think session will make the final based on running style and parachute.
By:
woodmanchester
When: 28 Sep 20 20:44
First thoughts, Friday:

7.26 Hiya Boyo
7.41 Black Parachute
7.58 Glengar Bale
8.12 Deanridge Rapid
8.27 Gonzo
8.46 Darbys Ranger
9.01 Knocknaboul Syd
9.15 Roxholme Kristof
By:
Quevega06
When: 29 Sep 20 00:12
Any idea why New inn Taylor isn't running ? haven't a clue about dogs, got a tip months back for it
By:
woodmanchester
When: 29 Sep 20 07:25
Had a busy campaign prior to the Irish Derby and the Derby itself

Believe it's resting
By:
woodmanchester
When: 29 Sep 20 07:55
Rain forecast in Nottingham Friday/Saturday
By:
woodmanchester
When: 29 Sep 20 13:00
365 up with Friday's heats

Wondering about 8/1 Swanley Chick and 6/1 Distant Star
By:
backatrier
When: 29 Sep 20 19:12
had a bit of 12/1 swanley with bill hill
By:
FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK
When: 29 Sep 20 20:05
2 Antigua Romeo (5.10)
Time - 29.58

That’s inside that Swanley thing yesterday it posted that time hope that don’t put you off cos ain’t on race card yet
By:
LoyalHoncho
When: 29 Sep 20 21:41
I'll take your post as a serious one Quevega06.  He doesn't go because he's absolutely knackered having just won the six round Irish Derby.  Plus, wide runners have as much chance at Nottingham as Scotland have of ever making a World Cup Finals, as Maguire has of winning his Greek Tragedy appeal and as much chance as Guardiola has of still being in his job at Christmas..
By:
FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK
When: 30 Sep 20 08:55
Backed
Jazzys man 13/2@ church hill holly 7@
Like both draws both got bang in them

Smufs 12@ again got bang in him thought price was mad

Deanridge 6/4@ made it 4/6 poke got yarmouth dog that’s middle should get loads of room up rails

Little emir 10@ inside mad dog which matters odds on jolly respected but no look
By:
FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK
When: 30 Sep 20 09:00
See star are yet to go up
138% early price sly bet not gone up either
Laugh
By:
woodmanchester
When: 30 Sep 20 11:19
Thanks for the info, Fatty. Backed nearly 5/1 Antigua Romeo with boost now

Looking at about 5/2 double Black Parachute/Deanridge Rapid and had Distant Star shorter than 6/1

That's mi lot!
By:
LoyalHoncho
When: 30 Sep 20 19:48
Top marks woodie - you didn't rise to the bait!  Cool
By:
woodmanchester
When: 30 Sep 20 20:05
Worked out Saturday's bets. Post later
By:
GLASGOWCALLING
When: 30 Sep 20 21:14
Agree about Smurfs Fattie, found a fair bit of time second time around, could be game on if he leads. 4.96 split

none too shabby. Good Luck. Happy
By:
woodmanchester
When: 01 Oct 20 09:59
Saturday:

8.21 5/2 Dingy Source gets the vote in weak heat

8.36 Feudal Spirit a big player on his beating of Lenson Bocko (29.26, 503m) but not guaranteed to repeat, passing

8.52 Liked the very nearly 6/1 Blackstone Milo, fast. Could slip clear and hold on
Page 8 of 18  •  Previous | 1 | ... | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | ... | 18 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com