Forums

Greyhounds

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
These 684 comments are related to the topic:
2020 derby

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 3 of 18  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 18 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 684
By:
privatehire
When: 29 Sep 19 09:19
Meeting this thursday i think. So we should no friday where the second best derby in our hemisphere is being held. Hoping for c.p. but dont think its gona happen.
By:
casemoney
When: 29 Sep 19 14:44
Len might sort a few quid Out ??
By:
Takethepaintoftherails
When: 30 Sep 19 13:45
private imagine scenario cp do get derby. do they run it over 480m or do they revert to 500m of last couple derbys.
By:
privatehire
When: 30 Sep 19 14:02
100 % it would be 500. At moment in my book notts 1/20. U can bet diamonds they wont address problems they had last year. Biggest 1 being the traps. In history of greyhound derby there will never av bin so many rls seeds if they do nothing. They can av all the panels they like if they dont make it a level playing field it will be a farce. Will the irish bring there good wide runners? Let me ask u this. If u owned lenson bocko would u enter as a wide seed. A once in a lifetime greyhound that we might not c over here bcoz wides cant win at notts. Now that would be a tragedy.7
By:
sparrow
When: 30 Sep 19 14:12
Anyone who supports Nottingham without the necessary improvements to the track knows nothing about Greyhound Racing. Semi-Final night last year saw just 7 wide runners entered in 14 races and that tells you everything you need to know.
By:
Deepdale Dreamer
When: 30 Sep 19 14:54
Nottingham just been confirmed
By:
privatehire
When: 30 Sep 19 14:57
Ta deepdale confirmed my worst fears
By:
Deepdale Dreamer
When: 30 Sep 19 14:58
NOTTINGHAM TO BE HOME OF DERBY ONCE AGAIN

~ The Star Sports, ARC & LPS Greyhound Derby 2020 to be hosted by Nottingham Greyhound Stadium, following successful proposal ~

Nottingham has been announced as the home of the 2020 English Greyhound Derby, after the stadium’s proposal is accepted by the independent Panel.

Responding to the news, Nottingham’s Rachel Corden said:

“We are thrilled to be hosting the Derby once again and are extremely grateful to our fabulous sponsors – Ben Keith at Star Sports, ARC and Richard & Donna Evans at Local Parking Security Limited – for continuing to believe in Team Nottingham and for sharing our love for the Greyhound Derby.

“The Derby is without doubt the most prestigious event in greyhound racing’s calendar and we will be announcing the dates this week to ensure that owners and trainers have the maximum time to prepare. “With our central location, we are pleased to provide accessibility both for GBGB licensed trainers and owners throughout the country, and for our Irish neighbours. Statistically speaking, Nottingham has been visited by the highest number of open race trainers in 2018 and 2019 to date, confirming the track’s popularity. “Importantly, welfare is at the heart of what we do at Nottingham and we are lucky to have such a dedicated, skilled and experienced team, who are determined to provide a good home for next year’s Derby. Our facilities are some of the best in the industry and – from the racing office to our track preparation team – everyone will be working hard to deliver a safe, smooth and successful event.

“Everyone knows what a huge commitment the Derby is, and that is reflected in how few stadia put themselves forward again this year. Nevertheless, at Nottingham we take great pride in the opportunity to play host to the Derby and to be a part of our sport’s incredible history. Along with our wonderful sponsors, we are prepared to put in that time, effort and financial commitment to ensure the success of the 2020 English Greyhound Derby.

“Last year was a huge learning curve for us and, whilst we delivered on the racing side, we know that some technical issues and service issues stopped the Finals evening going as smoothly as we would have liked. We now have that experience under our belt to address those issues. It would be a challenge for any stadium to deliver at this scale, but we are confident we will have everything in place for 2020 to meet the needs of the occasion.
“There is always debate about the different type of starting traps at stadia in Britain and Ireland, but the statistics show that across the standard distances at the seven most-visited GBGB stadia for open racing, for 2019 to date, Nottingham has the least variance from the highest winning trap percentage to the lowest trap winning percentage. That aside we are looking into the different trap types within the industry, studying the data and researching the options to ensure an even as possible playing field.

“High welfare and integrity standards are essential for a successful Derby and these are always our top priorities.”

Ben Keith from Star Sports said:

“Star Sports is delighted, once again to be involved with Nottingham. Our main priority is the safety of the dogs and with the Nottingham team that has never been in doubt. We look forward to The Derby becoming more and more of a showcase event and seeing The Greyhound Racing family at Nottingham in 2020.”

Mark Kingston, Director of Media Technology & Production at ARC said:

“We are delighted that the 2020 English Greyhound Derby will be hosted again at Nottingham and we are looking forward to working with them in order to help make what is the most prestigious event in the sport’s calendar, as successful as it can be.” Richard and Donna Evans of Local Parking Security Ltd said: “As a family business we are so happy to support Rachel and her team at Nottingham for the second year. Last year’s Derby was run brilliantly and we are looking forward to another successful Derby.”

Rachel Corden said:

“Hosting the 2020 Greyhound Derby is a massive commitment to the sport by Nottingham and its sponsors, not least with a winner’s purse of £100,000 on offer. I hope that the industry will get behind us to ensure a fantastic, wellsupported and exciting competition that continues to showcase the best of our sport.”

Nottingham anticipates that The Star Sports, ARC & LPS Greyhound Derby 2020 will be announced later this week. RPGTV will be sponsoring three supporting Category 2 competitions, with competition Finals on Derby Final night and it is anticipated that all rounds will be shown on RPGTV.
By:
dr . atkins
When: 30 Sep 19 15:03
this game just keeps getting worse will the last person left turn the light out
By:
Takethepaintoftherails
When: 30 Sep 19 15:04
what a shambles. will not be attending. feel sorry for roger and all guys at cp who ad sponsor in place
By:
At_The_Dogs
When: 30 Sep 19 15:09
****... Never had one bet for the whole duration of this years, finals night was a card which lacked everything. Bring back Wimbledon.
By:
privatehire
When: 30 Sep 19 15:20
Reading the statement rachel corden mentioned the starting trap issue. Then she statiscally claims there is no issue. Will she or wont she. Nobody can av a bet till this is resolved. If it is not resolved there is a distinct possibility  lenson bocko might not run. As i said that would be a tragedy. I av a few quid invested at 40/1. If i was lucky enough to own him he would not be coming.
By:
TobiasFunke
When: 30 Sep 19 16:40
They may change the traps , do some bend alterations . We don’t know . So let’s not all get on Notts back giving out. I don’t think wides are at as much of a disadvantage as people think. There were little to no good early paced wide dogs last year and that’s a fact. The venues been decided so all this moaning does the sport no good, it’s been a tough year and people need to get behind it. It can only improve from last year and notts is a great run track so they’ll do their best
By:
ThirdTimeLucky
When: 30 Sep 19 16:51
Lets face it in terms of viewing and the track itself with no bias, then CP is head and shoulders above Notts.

Alas one track wanted it and one track didn't. I think unless Amazon or Microsoft were the sponsors lined up at CP it was a million, you've a bloke in charge who makes the fella up at Shawfield seen like a philanthropist and shy or the will it/ won't it saga of whether Towcester will ever reopen, no other track seems to want to hold it.

The Corden's knew there were mistakes first time around and i'm sure they'll try their level best to make them right this time around.

There's f**k all but negativity for the greyhound industry at the moment, at least savour the sports flagship event while we still can.
By:
p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y
When: 30 Sep 19 17:38
If you had the same experience we had there last year you'd be negative imo, I'm not even blaming those in charge there as for me the place of just not fit to hold a Derby final....in my opinion

On the flip side they seem to be the only track willing to actually take it on again so we have to thank them for that as if they didn't god knows what would have happened...

Anyway I've missed one English Derby final since Droopys Scholes won (missed Westmead Lord's win) but I won't be flying over for it next year on my experience this year..

Imo Shawfield is and was way better and that's an absolute hellhole but at least you can see the action...
By:
FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK
When: 30 Sep 19 17:40
Back winner from six too Wink

Agree with lot pf said there
By:
irishone
When: 30 Sep 19 18:47
Not to mention the hard being fecked there when it rains
By:
irishone
When: 30 Sep 19 18:47
*hare
By:
privatehire
When: 30 Sep 19 18:50
Can u imagine irish. All them punters full o drink. Get heavy downpour n they cant run race ffs be murders
By:
Aladdin Sane
When: 30 Sep 19 18:51
Last 3 meetings it’s rained, last 3 meetings they’ve had hare problems!
Anyone else think that having a Greyhound Derby at Nottingham “continues to showcase the best of our sport”?!!
Nah, me neither! As I’ve said before, watching greyhounds all falling to the left down the home straight as they approach the finishing line just looks wrong. 
Greyhound racing at this track is not a great spectacle.
By:
irishone
When: 30 Sep 19 18:58
Yes private....

And the  muppets in the studio saying "it is what it is" ....yeah a fecking shambles
By:
wedge1
When: 30 Sep 19 19:26
tobias funke

knows more than he is letting on
will pull him on one thing
so you are calling slippy cian a wide with no early?
By:
Aladdin Sane
When: 30 Sep 19 19:26
From White City to Wimbledon to Towcester to Nottingham.
The Greyhound Derby is doing progression in reverse!!
By:
irishone
When: 30 Sep 19 19:48
Absolute shambles ....
By:
privatehire
When: 30 Sep 19 19:48
I only missed couple irish derbys in a long long time wedge. Imo he in his pomp was the best bend runner i seen round h.q.
By:
wedge1
When: 30 Sep 19 19:52
private
fact
we knew he could not run notts
I offered 22/1 a Holland dog winning
check the thread
By:
TobiasFunke
When: 30 Sep 19 19:52
Wedge , slippy cians a super dog but I think he just didn’t take to notts at all. I do understand why people have gripes about trap 1&6 and I really hope they change their traps to the ones like in Ireland . But I think if a wide dog was good enough they could’ve made it to the final and there was a serious lack of quality wides( just my opinion ) and there’s definitely a better crop going into next year. I didn’t think notts was bad enough to want to have a derby in CP which is in the middle of nowhere
By:
Deptford
When: 30 Sep 19 19:57
It is a sad state off affairs for us old sods with good memories, only 2 tracks interested, that is what our game has come to, in my humble opinion Nottingham is not suitable, too many dogs run off at first bend, and ease going in to 3rd, and 1 and 6 def at disadvantage, but there is fook all we can do.
By:
wedge1
When: 30 Sep 19 20:03
tobias

I hate sittingbourne personally
Nottingham issues
Towcester just wrong circuit
Wimbledon
don't start me
wood lane the home
hove the only track but no interest
strange beyond belief in a bookmaker driven industry
By:
Captain carnage
When: 30 Sep 19 21:53
Soul destroying.

Like premier I have been to the last 25 derbys. I wont go to next years after this summers experience.

It is simply not a sporting arena. No terracing, no atmosphere, no derby roar, yiu cant break from T1 or win from T5/6. Grabage.

We are supposed to be happy it is simply taking place apparantly.

I would almost rather a situation like when a league football team goes into liquidation and a local team, taken over by fans groups starts again in the bottom rung of the non-league.
By:
casemoney
When: 01 Oct 19 02:02
The Greyhound Derby should be an Equal test for all Greyhounds , Big News of dropping the 3 runs in a week and how great it all was , No mention that 2/3 dog in a race may well as be running in a Hcap Each week .

Cancel it until a suitable venue is found IMVHO .. It is not the be all and end all  .We have Shawfield with a Fair track
A decent sponsor could up that profile and run it Later in year ,Say May/June,The stadium is a rough as fook but who really cares , Great atmosphere, I go dog racing to watch Dogs not look through a Menu .  Then SP to look forward to ..Until it gets
Sorted out in England,why run it..The Gravy mob  are all over this  Farcical Exploitation of our Sport ..
By:
privatehire
When: 01 Oct 19 08:01
It wouldn,t bother me if they didn,t run it case. Also i dont think it will speed up the end game for greyhound racing. As its bin pointed out on here b4 theres a perfectly good track north of the border. A true test of any dog. In its pomp there is no doubt this track had the best running surface in the uk. A pity about the man that has it. Spends minimal amount on the facilities these days. P.f. is a convert. He loves the racing there but is no fan of the surroundings as are many other forumites. Fantastic place for night out after. The people that matter in making the choice wear rose tinted glasses its all about not travelling to far n who has the best gravy boat. We should start a list with the amount of faults notts has. Apparently notts ended up being the only show in town. Thats y they got it. Is that not a sad reflection on the way things are. With all its faults notts it is. Better take a flack jacket and a tin hat. Just in case it rains there might be murders.
By:
HGS
When: 01 Oct 19 13:27
CryCry
By:
casemoney
When: 01 Oct 19 13:50
96/48 Dog at Shawfield would do the Job  Only problem ever with the Track was attrocious weather March early April Turning the track into a Bog , May/June would solve that , Runners qualify by fastest times in their Trials Job Done , Now where is the SPONSOR Grin

As for the Facilities was fook all wrong with the beer there Grin Fantastic Atmosphere Spy Night , How many could you get in there PH ??

Fook the restaurants Go for a meal before or after ,BRING THE SPORT back to what it is about DOG racing  if only for a few days of the year ...

Anyone who finds it Acceptable to run a Derby round Notts after last year  should have Absolutely F,A to do with our Sport ........

The Stomach and his entourage  Should be fronting Bisto Adverts , not what is meant to be a showcase for our sport

Shame on them .................
By:
privatehire
When: 01 Oct 19 13:55
The main stand itself would hold more than notts even with ther paltry effort round first 2 bends
By:
irishone
When: 01 Oct 19 16:28
"The Stomach and his entourage  Should be fronting Bisto Adverts , not what is meant to be a showcase for our sport"

Could not agree more case, plenty of others been on the greyhound "showcase" channel  lately....

....I did wonder where the jeremy kyle potentials would end up once he was shelved
By:
casemoney
When: 01 Oct 19 17:00
Laugh

Woodies invite in the Post ...
By:
wedge1
When: 01 Oct 19 19:19
English greyhound derby
and they offer up notts
yet again
to suggest it goes to shawfield
ridiculous
the state this once beautiful sport has got into
is nothing short of scandalous yes we all like a punt
but without the facility to do so what happens
there are more greyhounds than any other breed of dog
think on that
what happens if all the tracks close
in my eyes not to far off
By:
privatehire
When: 01 Oct 19 20:27
If they run scottish derby nxt year wedge.  Come up. We will look after you. Great place to punt
By:
woodmanchester
When: 07 Oct 19 15:44
Private, Lenny and the gang were interviewed over the weekend and it's all systems go for the Notts Derby

Couldn't really put anything up against him at this stage

Bitches don't win but Ballymac Taz reached last year's final and Arminta is a flying machine when firing, though! Wink
Page 3 of 18  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 18 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com