Forums

Greyhounds

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Loanshark36
20 Sep 17 20:50
| Topic/replies: 41 | Blogger: Loanshark36's blog
Hello,

Any idea how i would go about getting a pitch at a dog track? i have my non remote licence from the gambling commission any advice welcome. Thanks
Pause Switch to Standard View Greyhound pitch
Show More
Report wasnot September 21, 2017 6:00 PM BST
I haven't bet at the dogs in years but I'd guess you ring the track you want to bet at and ask to speak to the track's manager and see what he or she says about any vacancies.  There is no central place for buying/selling.
Report woodmanchester September 21, 2017 6:35 PM BST
Think track bookmakers take very little money nowadays in light of the exchanges
Report privatehire September 21, 2017 9:54 PM BST
Track bookmaking is a thing of the past i,m afraid. Liquidity 2nite at yarmouth the 3 races i got involved in was very good. Go to the track u got ur pitch fee,s, dont know what they are these days. No doubt u will get hit up for race sponsorship etc etc. Stick on machine. So what u get taxed. U can lay what u like when u like an no expences.
Report ThirdTimeLucky September 22, 2017 11:05 AM BST
Don't think there's exactly a queue at any track to get a pitch. In fact i'm sure if you write to GM's at most tracks you'll get an invite, especially with all the extra meetings tracks will be putting on.

You won't be inundated with business and indeed I think a lot of tracks actually pay their bookmakers to stand now, as opposed to vice versa.
Report IanP September 22, 2017 11:52 AM BST
I think most BAGS tracks pay bookmakers to stand for the morning and afternoon meetings.
Report irishone September 22, 2017 12:24 PM BST
Must be mad !  Dog eat dog , end of the line and the local regular bookies will have their runners skimming off you , you really want to spend hours in the car , standing out in all weathers when you can lay all day from your armchair at home on BF ? thats fact unfortunately but should you still go ahead good luck to you!
Report woodmanchester September 22, 2017 5:06 PM BST
You might take the odd £2 bet
Report woodmanchester September 22, 2017 5:07 PM BST
NB Make sure you lay it off exchanges! Laugh
Report woodmanchester September 22, 2017 5:10 PM BST
The art of bookmaking is alive and well! Crazy
Report sparrow September 22, 2017 8:33 PM BST
Could you not put all that in one thread?
Report irishone September 23, 2017 12:15 PM BST
three posts ..gets three times more attention in his brain
Report woodmanchester September 24, 2017 10:02 AM BST
After thoughts. Don't know what ive ever done to upset you Sparrow but youre becoming a moaning pain
Report sparrow September 24, 2017 2:00 PM BST
Must be just me then. Plain
Report woodmanchester September 24, 2017 11:37 PM BST
Quite derogatory really. No need for it
Report sparrow September 25, 2017 12:31 PM BST
woodmanchester    24 Sep 17 23:37 
Quite derogatory really. No need for it

Just for asking you to put those 3 statements all within 4 minutes on one posting.

Have you finally lost it completely?
Report irishone September 25, 2017 4:46 PM BST
blimey spadge , if he blocks you he'd be down to about 5 people who's posts he can read ......

unless of course he doesn't actually care what other people say (1.01 NAP)
Report woodmanchester September 25, 2017 7:33 PM BST
That's just the tip of the iceberg Sparrow. You've been posting snide remarks a while, like this one "lost it completely"

I expect it of Irish etc but as a long time dog man like me, had you down for better than that
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com