Forums

Greyhounds

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Loanshark36
20 Sep 17 20:50
| Topic/replies: 41 | Blogger: Loanshark36's blog
Hello,

Any idea how i would go about getting a pitch at a dog track? i have my non remote licence from the gambling commission any advice welcome. Thanks

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 17
By:
wasnot
When: 21 Sep 17 18:00
I haven't bet at the dogs in years but I'd guess you ring the track you want to bet at and ask to speak to the track's manager and see what he or she says about any vacancies.  There is no central place for buying/selling.
By:
woodmanchester
When: 21 Sep 17 18:35
Think track bookmakers take very little money nowadays in light of the exchanges
By:
privatehire
When: 21 Sep 17 21:54
Track bookmaking is a thing of the past i,m afraid. Liquidity 2nite at yarmouth the 3 races i got involved in was very good. Go to the track u got ur pitch fee,s, dont know what they are these days. No doubt u will get hit up for race sponsorship etc etc. Stick on machine. So what u get taxed. U can lay what u like when u like an no expences.
By:
ThirdTimeLucky
When: 22 Sep 17 11:05
Don't think there's exactly a queue at any track to get a pitch. In fact i'm sure if you write to GM's at most tracks you'll get an invite, especially with all the extra meetings tracks will be putting on.

You won't be inundated with business and indeed I think a lot of tracks actually pay their bookmakers to stand now, as opposed to vice versa.
By:
IanP
When: 22 Sep 17 11:52
I think most BAGS tracks pay bookmakers to stand for the morning and afternoon meetings.
By:
irishone
When: 22 Sep 17 12:24
Must be mad !  Dog eat dog , end of the line and the local regular bookies will have their runners skimming off you , you really want to spend hours in the car , standing out in all weathers when you can lay all day from your armchair at home on BF ? thats fact unfortunately but should you still go ahead good luck to you!
By:
woodmanchester
When: 22 Sep 17 17:06
You might take the odd £2 bet
By:
woodmanchester
When: 22 Sep 17 17:07
NB Make sure you lay it off exchanges! Laugh
By:
woodmanchester
When: 22 Sep 17 17:10
The art of bookmaking is alive and well! Crazy
By:
sparrow
When: 22 Sep 17 20:33
Could you not put all that in one thread?
By:
irishone
When: 23 Sep 17 12:15
three posts ..gets three times more attention in his brain
By:
woodmanchester
When: 24 Sep 17 10:02
After thoughts. Don't know what ive ever done to upset you Sparrow but youre becoming a moaning pain
By:
sparrow
When: 24 Sep 17 14:00
Must be just me then. Plain
By:
woodmanchester
When: 24 Sep 17 23:37
Quite derogatory really. No need for it
By:
sparrow
When: 25 Sep 17 12:31
woodmanchester    24 Sep 17 23:37 
Quite derogatory really. No need for it

Just for asking you to put those 3 statements all within 4 minutes on one posting.

Have you finally lost it completely?
By:
irishone
When: 25 Sep 17 16:46
blimey spadge , if he blocks you he'd be down to about 5 people who's posts he can read ......

unless of course he doesn't actually care what other people say (1.01 NAP)
By:
woodmanchester
When: 25 Sep 17 19:33
That's just the tip of the iceberg Sparrow. You've been posting snide remarks a while, like this one "lost it completely"

I expect it of Irish etc but as a long time dog man like me, had you down for better than that
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com