Forums

Greyhounds

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
ROMFORD-EXILE
13 Nov 09 10:53
| Topic/replies: 200 | Blogger: ROMFORD-EXILE's blog
Well done and thank you to the two blokes who thought they could blatantly arb using betfair mobile in this shop for crayford this week.

Its hard enough getting on anywhere these days without people being stupid.You have ruined this shop for everyone.

This shop will only take greyhound bets now at sp.
Pause Switch to Standard View Joes Basildon high street
Show More
Report JUDGE JUDY November 13, 2009 10:55 AM GMT
is it illegal to arb?
Report ROMFORD-EXILE November 13, 2009 11:01 AM GMT
No,But sitting there with 2 mobiles each and backing up to 3 dogs a race is a bit of a give away.no bookie will tolerate that.
Report champagne charlie November 13, 2009 5:37 PM GMT
its a miracle to get on at crayford in the first place
Report staggy November 13, 2009 6:14 PM GMT
Surely anything to get out of living in basildon is all fair in love and war.
One of the scariest places in the uk.
Report ALICIA November 13, 2009 7:34 PM GMT
nah thats dagenham
Report RREX November 13, 2009 7:46 PM GMT
HOW R U STAGGY ME OLD MATE MERRY X MAS FROM CAKED !!!!
Report starship November 13, 2009 7:55 PM GMT
or
clapton
dalston
stoke newingham
hackney
horrible places
and why anyone would want to buy a house in hackney by the common for
£300 grand plus is totally beyond me
and yes i used to live in hackney
now i live in hornchurch close to the great crayford judge
Report staggy November 13, 2009 8:07 PM GMT
Doing ok thanks rrex/caked.
My in laws used to have a flat in sandringham road in hackney and my grandad had an off licence in vicky park road many years ago.
Wouldnt want to go back but certainly couldnt afford to either,im happy in my little terraced in chigwell.
Report gonna knock u out November 13, 2009 9:40 PM GMT
romford-exile, was one of em Mediterranean looking ? if so they have been working there way thru east london shops and now hitting shops thru essex. And they dont give a fook as there not the slightest bit discreet about what there doing
Report jwizdx November 13, 2009 9:42 PM GMT
Not long for Crayford on bags now so make the most of getting on anywhere u can
Report [x] These checkboxes suck November 13, 2009 9:50 PM GMT
jwizdx 13 Nov 22:42
Not long for Crayford on bags now so make the most of getting on anywhere u can

Ridiculous statement. Do you honestly think that Laddies are going to have their own track taken off the BAGS?
Report jwizdx November 13, 2009 10:02 PM GMT
Report jwizdx November 13, 2009 10:04 PM GMT
They could always sponser another.

Watching the on course betting and the betfair prices is like watching Sittinbourne all over again.

I will concede however, you guys would know more than me and I wasn't qualified to make that statement.

(Also keep getting message you have posted on a moderated forum this reply may appear later ?? )
Report ROMFORD-EXILE November 14, 2009 11:16 AM GMT
Yes knockout one was.

I can not see them getting on much in this area, We have been using this shop for around 5 months now and it is only 1 of 2 locally who would allow 2 x £100 bets at board prices per person at all tracks before picking up the phone.

Its took weeks to be allowed to do this and now its ruined.

Good luck to anybody who makes the game pay,but don't ruin someone else's income.

I would like to point out I don't live in Basildon :-)
Report pompey maestro November 14, 2009 11:20 AM GMT
was thinking of buying a flat in Tower Hamlets, any advice lol??
Report wolsey end November 14, 2009 11:42 AM GMT
gentlemen - have u sampled the delights of witham? god knows how they got the planning for it, but theres a joes, baldies, an indy and lads, within 50 yards of each other. and another lads 100yds down the road, just in case.

please feel free to take as much as poss out of the baldies shop. the manager is a rite**t.

he laid me 400 quid at 7-2 a romford BEGS dog, which won. asked me to come back in half hour, at 730pm. i go back and, after he has paid me out, he shouts to the shop (which had 6 network rail blokes playing the roulette machine and 3 other blokes standing together) 'all of u lot out - im shutting up shop, as this bloke has just won all the money from the night safe and i aint got no more cash to pay anybody else out!'

it was a very rapid walk to the wolsey wagon, i can tell ya!
Report CUPRA November 14, 2009 12:29 PM GMT
Going on everywhere. Thing is, the ones that do it in the Billys near me look like they needa a good wash and dont have anywhere to sleep. Gamblers, eh?
Report ROMFORD-EXILE November 14, 2009 12:48 PM GMT
:-) Pompey

Wolsey end I live on the outskirts of Witham,we might know each other? .Is your name Mark?

Baldies wont take a bet from me,you done very well to get your money on.
Report ROMFORD-EXILE November 14, 2009 1:05 PM GMT
Cupra
If its billys in wanstead,it might be one of my part time guys. :-)
Report CUPRA November 14, 2009 1:06 PM GMT
Not far from there! get 'em a cup of tea, ffs.
Report ROMFORD-EXILE November 14, 2009 1:23 PM GMT
LOL
Report wolsey end November 14, 2009 1:58 PM GMT
romford exile - no, im up in colchester. it was bizarre as i had a lump to get on this dog and all the shops in colchester wont play at all (the lads just outside the town run by a particularly charmless jock bint, has to be tried, just to see her total lack of customer service. what a totally miserable wh0re).
so, on the complete offchance, i tried the nearest place, which was witham and there was an oasis of betting shops!

i couldnt believe getting 400 on in baldbets - but he did ring to get it confirmed(he also mentioned that i was '** barred') as i drew.
the joes i got 300 on.
the indy said '50 is the max stake on any dog race'.
and lads i got 400 in 1 shop, then the other laid me the same, 4 seperate 100 quid bets, despite the other shop ringing ahead (but i put 40 quid on for the manager).

the dog opened 3 and ret 7-2 - so it never got blown back either!

i only get 4 or 5 dogs like that a yr (2460 in an A8!) so when i do play, i have a proper go.
Report ROMFORD-EXILE November 14, 2009 3:58 PM GMT
Wolsey end

Very nice gamble sir,plenty of shops in Witham until your known.

joes and main laddies still take £100 bets from us,but baldies and indy (even with back show) are a waste of time.

I don't know how well you know the area,but Braintree have 4 main bookies all within 3 minutes walk in the town square / center that will take a decent bet.
Report winningways1 November 14, 2009 6:56 PM GMT
Basildon and all surrounding areas been seriously smashed to pieces over the last few years at crayford, Jocorals in the indoor shopping centre got took for £100,000 plus by one man over a 12 month period, and same man done Pitsea big time, think he is well known in most areas top class judge and not an arber
Report GASHWAN November 14, 2009 8:12 PM GMT

ROMFORD-EXILE 14 Nov 16:58
Wolsey end

Very nice gamble sir,plenty of shops in Witham until your known.

joes and main laddies still take £100 bets from us,but baldies and indy (even with back show) are a waste of time.

for how much longer if you keep shouting about it on the best read internet forum?
Report ROMFORD-EXILE November 14, 2009 8:19 PM GMT
GASHWAN
I must be thick,what am I shouting about?

Wolsey end landed a nice touch in my locals and everybody knows baldies is a waste of time.

Please explain.
Report GASHWAN November 14, 2009 8:26 PM GMT

ROMFORD-EXILE 14 Nov 16:58

joes and main laddies still take £100 bets from us

are you not worried joes and laddies are reading this thread and have a word with the shop managers?
Report ROMFORD-EXILE November 14, 2009 8:30 PM GMT
No mate,not a problem.
we move around and use shops all over essex.
Report GASHWAN November 14, 2009 8:36 PM GMT
ok smart man.

I move about a lot 2 but i'd never publish my list of current "good" shops on here.

varies from city to city. generally if one shop is good the rest will be and vice versa.

;-)
Report ROMFORD-EXILE November 14, 2009 8:45 PM GMT
Gaswan
I understand what your saying mate.

Ive stopped wearing my romford-exile t-shirt and baseball cap so I should be ok. :-)

Very hard to find a shop that will allow any bets over a ton and even harder to get on at Crayford.Hence this thread.
Report winningways1 November 15, 2009 6:42 PM GMT
soon be the same everywhere
Report wolsey end November 15, 2009 8:57 PM GMT
romford - thanks. i wasnt boasting or gloating, just trying to give a guide to how much a stranger could get on and a place where there were plenty of shops in such a small area.

good luck to u all.
Report ROMFORD-EXILE November 19, 2009 1:05 PM GMT
The shyte has hit the fan in this area today.
Crayford : £25 max bets everywhere except baldies,who won't take FA.
Report ROMFORD-EXILE November 19, 2009 1:59 PM GMT
I forgot to say,all bets are SP only.

WAFJ.
Report CUPRA November 19, 2009 2:34 PM GMT
And that is why, Romford, you cant say fook all anywhere - they ae everywhere. If you cant bet the dogs, why bother running them? I cant see a good ending to this at all.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com