Forums

Greyhounds

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
gunghadhin
18 Nov 09 16:08
| Topic/replies: 407 | Blogger: gunghadhin's blog
I have often moaned about the commentators on greyhound racing, very often when one of my bets has been done when I thought the dog was winning easily!!! We rely on them giving a fair and informative view of every race.

However, I watched a live race a few weeks ago and tried to give a commentary. I was doing well to the first bend, but there was a lot of bumping and by the time I had mentioned it, the dogs were past the second bend! On going up the back straight, one dog was leading by 3 lengths and there didn't appear to be any dangers..... Coming round the last bend, there were 3 dogs all within a length of each other and by the time I described the 'battle for the lead' they'd gone past the post!!!!

Commentating on a race lasting about 27 seconds is not as easy as it seems - try it yourselves while watching sky one night. (A little hint - take a huge breath before the race start!) It really is an art form, which only a few can perform satisfactorily..........

Next time you moan, spare a thought for the commentator...... it may not be his real job!!!!!
Pause Switch to Standard View Try it for yourself........
Show More
Report DoubleDitto November 18, 2009 4:36 PM GMT
As a commentator in the past. I tottally agree. It is a hard job. But after a bit of pratice can become ok. But if alot happens it can be pretty hard to keep up.
Report pompey maestro November 18, 2009 4:49 PM GMT
best commentator by a proverbial mile is Pat Kelly at Hove
1.01 he don't make a mistake !!

had a go at a few evening meetings myself for daily dogs and teamtalk
not as easy as previous poster has said, ..........though if i could'nt do
better than a few i've heard lately .........................
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com