Forums

Greyhounds

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
surgeon
16 Nov 09 15:17
| Topic/replies: 647 | Blogger: surgeon's blog
Where do i get them please ?
Pause Switch to Standard View Live Pictures
Show More
Report Ba Ba Ba Booom Mr Castle November 16, 2009 3:21 PM GMT
Report starship November 16, 2009 3:24 PM GMT
what would u like
the morning dogs
the afternoon dogs
or the night dogs
plz be a bit more specfic
Report BJG November 16, 2009 3:29 PM GMT
Mornin noon and night dogs would be nice :D
Report clacton November 16, 2009 3:32 PM GMT
Eclipse in the betting shops tonight. Cracking card. Most of the top dogs
Report The Weaver November 16, 2009 3:41 PM GMT
Is the Eclipse 2 or 3 qualify from each heat?
Report surgeon November 16, 2009 3:41 PM GMT
e mail where ?

I would like bags pics - all of them - surely in the 21st century i should be able to view races ?!
Report The Weaver November 16, 2009 3:43 PM GMT
You can't get Bags pics online Surgeon. Evening pics you can, but the bookmakers wont allow BAGS outside of shops.
Report clacton November 16, 2009 3:44 PM GMT
I think 3 qualify tonight and 2 from 3 semi finals
Report now wheres that switch!!! November 16, 2009 3:44 PM GMT
the big 3 wont have a say in matters soon if the Gambling Commision reccomendations come true!
Report The Weaver November 16, 2009 3:45 PM GMT
Thanks clac. No idea what the gambling comm' are proposing but can't see the big 3 funding the races for them to be shown online
Report clacton November 16, 2009 3:46 PM GMT
Bags will be finished if bookmakers dont get their way.
Report surgeon November 16, 2009 3:47 PM GMT
I used to have a link - someone must have a link
Report now wheres that switch!!! November 16, 2009 3:47 PM GMT
The weave the general opinion was that there was going to to be funding for bags from another source that would rival or dwarf what the big 3 pay for the product
Report clacton November 16, 2009 3:48 PM GMT
Sit in the betting shop tonight as i'm doing. I'll probably be the only one there.
Report The Weaver November 16, 2009 3:50 PM GMT
It just doesnt add up. If this 'other source' are to fund showing an alternative to BAGS, what do they benefit from doing so? Unless it's betfair or a TV station? Had the rumours of ATR doing so, but nothing ever happened there. Which tracks would they use? Aside from the 6 bookmaker owned
Report now wheres that switch!!! November 16, 2009 3:53 PM GMT
i got the impression the GC were kinda going to dictate to the bookies who should be allowed access to the pictures etc, not the bookmakers being in control, racing channels were mentioned especially over the winter months
Report prisoner of peace November 16, 2009 4:00 PM GMT
I still have a German link,
Report ROMFORD-EXILE November 16, 2009 4:02 PM GMT
I wish I got a pound for everytime I get sucked into reading one of these live picture threads.
Roll on next year.
Report overboard November 16, 2009 4:12 PM GMT
"now where.............."

You are clueless.
Go and look up the phrase "Intellectual Property".
Now look up "Ownership of IP".
Now explain how an owner of IP can be forced to do as you are suggesting.

Then go and lie down and have a nice rest.
Good man.
Report now wheres that switch!!! November 16, 2009 7:26 PM GMT
overboard!!! the dogs are not owned by the bookmakers, many tracks are not owned by the bookmakers, and trainers are not owned by bookmakers!!! A rival service not named BAGS is very viable if the industry pulls together and realise that the bookmakers are milking a product that they pay very little into ,a dn have reduced to a farce with restrictions etc!!
A tote or exchange operated service with pics available online or through a racing channel is realistic and not far away!
Report Stow_judge November 16, 2009 7:42 PM GMT
Could not agree more. A partnership with Turf TV/RUK seems a very obvious target for Greyhound racing. RUK have lot's of spare air time in the winter evenings for a start.
Report sanity November 16, 2009 8:09 PM GMT
What tracks do you suppose would join a rival service?
Report now wheres that switch!!! November 16, 2009 8:10 PM GMT
any that are offered more money than the big 3 pay them, at a guess?!!!!!!
Report sanity November 16, 2009 8:11 PM GMT
Dream on.
Report now wheres that switch!!! November 16, 2009 8:13 PM GMT
sanity the tracks get f all for bags in comparison to what the books make from the product!! There are many tracks not on the bags service that should be and quite a few on Bags that really shouldnt be!!! Some competition to bags may make the bookmakers stop taking the p1ss out of punters!
Report VERY NICE November 16, 2009 8:18 PM GMT
Would it not be agood idea if some of these racecoures,that are not dual purpose tracks i.e flat and jumps to submit plans to have a dog track on there land and race maybe 3 times a week,and this would surely give all us dog fans a bit of hope.Dundalk works very well.Just need good locations,and im sure it would take off
Just athought with all the doom and gloom surrounding the sport.
Maybe the STOW campaign if it falls on deaf ears could look at this being an option.
Report IanP November 16, 2009 8:18 PM GMT
How would this new channel succeed when the previous one and the one before that both failed ?
Report sanity November 16, 2009 8:19 PM GMT
If you had a betting shop would you take a bet from any track not regulated by bags.
Report now wheres that switch!!! November 16, 2009 8:20 PM GMT
sanity there would be no need, there would either be a tote for tracks or exchange only, who needs the big 3????
Report sanity November 16, 2009 8:22 PM GMT
No punters.
Report now wheres that switch!!! November 16, 2009 8:23 PM GMT
sanity?? are there no punters on here then?? no punters that want to bet dogs but get restricted by the vermin?? get real no proper punters use the shops anymore, would make no difference
Report The Weaver November 16, 2009 8:25 PM GMT
some / most tracks survive on the bags money, i doubt many would risk jumping ship to join a rival service, in case it didnt work out.
Report now wheres that switch!!! November 16, 2009 8:28 PM GMT
weaver there are loads of tracks that are not on bags, never have been and never will be, they would welcome any income generated, half the bags tracks are ben t so too see some proper racing not influenced by the vermin would make a pleasant change!
Report sanity November 16, 2009 8:29 PM GMT
Who's paying the track to open.
Report The Weaver November 16, 2009 8:33 PM GMT
and everyone one of thjose tracks not on bags, wants to be!

Dont get me wrong, i'd love it to happen and spent the last few years trying to make it happen, but fear it never will.
Report sanity November 16, 2009 8:34 PM GMT
Sept 09 for someone who have just joined this forum you talk utter rubbish. By the way to say bags tracks are**you can be had for libel.
Report now wheres that switch!!! November 16, 2009 8:38 PM GMT
sanity would u like to explain why a certain track was taken off the service not long ago?? Or perhaps why a certain trainer and track management member are no longer at newcastle?? or maybe why there are restrictions all over the country on bets accepted on bags??? will await your response!!!
Report sanity November 16, 2009 8:43 PM GMT
You got it !! Bags stand no nonsense any thing in proper they stamp it out.
Report sanity November 16, 2009 8:51 PM GMT
Have you gone to bed?
Report sanity November 16, 2009 8:52 PM GMT
Or back to asda shelf stacking.
Report now wheres that switch!!! November 16, 2009 8:52 PM GMT
are u sure abt that sanity?? u not seen the shows from a few tracks lately that are put through?? and how comes a certain track has now got its contract back with the same rm etc??
Report now wheres that switch!!! November 16, 2009 8:53 PM GMT
ps so by restricting bets they are saying oh well ch e ating is ok , we will just mimimise the loss to ourselves?? get in the real word old son!!
Report sanity November 16, 2009 8:55 PM GMT
No bookies willing to stand with only a small crowd in attendance if you think it's that easy give it a go with your own money.
Report sanity November 16, 2009 8:57 PM GMT
You keep saying tracks are **ing be careful they monitor these forums.
Report now wheres that switch!!! November 16, 2009 9:00 PM GMT
sanity there is no need for the 3 books to stand at the tracks is there?? when they are not taking more than a few hundred a day and cant get all dogs in the book per race then it makes them standing pointless and thus you get a meaningless/untrustworthy show!! Bags needs to be on a basis of a tote retention or something similar so that the weight of money around the country for dogs gives a strong market and confidence in the product!!
Report sanity November 16, 2009 9:03 PM GMT
Tote do you think people would bet on the tote.You said poor attendance making shows worthless so who's betting on the tote.
Report now wheres that switch!!! November 16, 2009 9:16 PM GMT
tote or exchange betting is the way forward!! no one goes to the track as cant get a bet on, no one goes to a shop as cant get a bet on!!! over 40k traded on some bags races at certain tracks, no need for 3 blokes to stand at a bags meeting earning f all,
Report sanity November 16, 2009 9:19 PM GMT
When them tracks are closed what's going to happen to your exchange then you short sited clown.
Report now wheres that switch!!! November 16, 2009 9:23 PM GMT
sanity why would any track close please?? as stated more money than bags would be available to the tracks, less overheads. No one wants to see tracks shutting but if the big 3 are taking a max £10 at certain tracks do you really think they will keep paying for the product?? They no most dog business is on the exchanges etc, its time a rival product was put in place, because whats blatantly obvious is the game is dying a slow death at present!!
Report The Weaver November 16, 2009 10:02 PM GMT
a couple of things to bear in mind - Who would finance these tracks?? You need a minimum of 3 bookmakers to return an SP, to then be run under GBGB rules.
Report now wheres that switch!!! November 17, 2009 8:43 AM GMT
That is where the rules need to be changed weaver?? as many people know the 3 books making a show at the track are not able to produce an sp reflecting the dogs chances, through not being able to lay every dog in a race!! That leads to false or mis representitive shows being sent out to shops etc , and then accusations of mis practice when dogs are way over/under the show here
Report sanity November 17, 2009 9:41 AM GMT
now wheres or is it clown head do you think bookmakers lay every horse in a race if you do get back to school you little cretin.
Report now wheres that switch!!! November 17, 2009 9:43 AM GMT
sanity at the tracks no they dont, however they have more than bob and ian there with 2 lady gadivers punting to form a market. They also have there own reps on rails etc. Most races are priced up early by the big 3 and on here so thats where the sp comes from. Do u think it comes from the track books then independantly?
Report ROMFORD-EXILE November 17, 2009 10:12 AM GMT
Now wheres that switch

Nothing personal but you are clueless and write the biggest load of bollards on this forum and that takes some doing.

Something need to be done to secure the future of this great sport,but those in charge are not doing FA about it.

Its nearly 2010 and still we can not get live or delayed streamed pictures of this sport and we never will.

A satellite channel with a tote pool will never work,as stated before the others did not.

As for moaning and accusation about certain tracks and trainer,Its mainly you.

If anybody things the sport is**or corrupt its simple don't have a bet.
Report ROMFORD-EXILE November 17, 2009 10:13 AM GMT
thinks
Report CUPRA November 17, 2009 10:52 AM GMT
Interesting how some believe the 'kncok-out' punters betting on mobiles are 'shrewd' and something to be admired. I have no view but its all related, and doesnt help anyone.
Report ROCKERFELLA November 17, 2009 2:55 PM GMT
surgeon 16 Nov 16:17

Where do i get them please ?

dvd..next best thing
Report surgeon November 17, 2009 3:39 PM GMT
dvd ??

not much fun 2 weeks later !
Report pompey rat November 17, 2009 3:50 PM GMT
The Weaver. The three Bookmakers in attendance is a BAGS requirement, nothing to do with GBGB who are only interested in the rules of racing being adhered too.
Report The Weaver November 17, 2009 3:55 PM GMT
So an evening meeting could have 1 or even no on-course bookmakers? and be a licensed race?
Report The Racing Manager November 17, 2009 3:59 PM GMT
Im certain at Sheffield ONCE there was only one book standing BUT IF I AM WRONG I WILL STAND CORRECTED.
Report pompey rat November 17, 2009 4:03 PM GMT
There have been a number of races in recent times with no S.P return, these races are still legitimate. So the answer to your question is yes.
Report RothmanMike November 17, 2009 6:23 PM GMT
Stainforth (Doncaster) had onlt 2 books for ages, and an SP was always returned.
Mind you they would take a lump, and remember Harry having £20k on one once and they never blinked.
Report RothmanMike November 17, 2009 7:13 PM GMT
Looks like nothing has changed in 10 years - still only 2 books
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com