Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
slickster
25 Sep 21 20:18
| Topic/replies: 4,978 | Blogger: slickster's blog
Horrible little man. Begging every European putt in. Choking when he has to praise great American shots. Give it up mcginley. The Europeans are useless. Bit of praise for both teams would be more sporting. And lowry needs to lose about 4 stone...
Pause Switch to Standard View The biased mcginley
Show More
Report now wheres that switch!!! September 25, 2021 10:01 PM BST
I would agree, if it were not for the fact that the US team is full of pr1cks like Koepka, JT, DJ and Cuntlay….
Report geordie1956 September 26, 2021 2:10 PM BST
people like mcginley shout about the bias of the american fans but are ours really any differen when they play over here ... in any event shouldn't any abuse or vitriol they receive encourage them to play better so that the comments are merely "water off a ducks back" ... professional sportsmen should be able to handle it but it seems ours have wilted in the heat of battle save rahm / sergio
Report 1st time poster September 26, 2021 8:13 PM BST
little nugget from mkin there
key to these matches is getting in front and staying there

must bookmark that one
Report 1st time poster September 26, 2021 8:16 PM BST
8 15 sunday night sky just beginning to notice rahm been shoite for days
Report 1st time poster September 26, 2021 8:22 PM BST
wonder if like micko/usa europe will have a blood letting in the wash out,changing of the guard
system cant be right when so many players who,ve qualified turn up having been out of form for months,
fitzy,westy,poults,ponce,casey,hatton,fleetwood,lowry never been in contention to win or compete for months
Report slickster September 26, 2021 11:06 PM BST
Mcginley still not admitting defeat. Still thinks Europe can come back and win. Absolute tool.
Report Kelly September 27, 2021 1:10 AM BST
Paul McGinley is not the problem .

He talks a lot of sense and was an excellent Ryder Cup Captain , unlike some before  him .

The European picks contributed more points per capita than most of the automatic qualifiers , Rahm being the obvious exception .

There were 6 English players on the team , none of them have won a Major. Our Major winners contributed most of our points .

The European tour should have matches between GB & I against the Rest of Europe as a testing ground for Ryder Cup  , but no doubt commercial interests militate against that .

People also forget that it is much harder for our top players who sometimes have to split their time between 2 tours , The Americans are playing at home most times .

The course this week was set up substantially in favour of the blasters , the rough was non existent and this presented very wide landing areas for drives .

Finally this was the highest rated American team in history , they all played well unlike some of ours  , and they putted better than we did . They have much more depth on their tour than we have , some of the golf I have watched recently on the European tour has been of a fairly low standard , and I don't see a huge amount of  Ryder Cup winners out there .

To beat USA we need to go to a windy links course in September , with punitive rough where they will lose more  balls and strokes than we do . As an example of this one of the American vice captains drove into Royal Portrush 2 years ago , took one look at the course and said " I can't win here" .  He missed the cut .

Next time we need to be able to have  players in form , Rose for instance would have been better on the team than some , and he is a Major winner which counts . 6 picks would have had him on the team , and he probably would not have had  a 0-0-3 record .

Well done USA , they got it right this time , unlike some of previous matches where they under performed . They are going to be hard to beat in the foreseeable future .
Report brain dead jockeys September 27, 2021 2:24 AM BST
one change i would like to see is making it a stroke play event. when a player or pairing go two up, it rarely over turned..........strokeplay will make it easier for those losing to come back and win.
Report FatherMaguire September 27, 2021 11:21 AM BST

one change i would like to see is making it a stroke play event. when a player or pairing go two up, it rarely over turned..........strokeplay will make it easier for those losing to come back and win.

couldnt disagree more with this - matchplay is what makes the team competitions so good - and at least one-sided matches are over quickly in matchplay
Report crystalhunt September 27, 2021 2:00 PM BST
I agree with Padre Maguire - stroke play is for individuals.Matchplay is more exciting to play and to watch.
Report xmoneyx September 27, 2021 3:39 PM BST
drop presidents cup

make it rest of world
Report HeinzGuderian September 27, 2021 4:08 PM BST

Sep 26, 2021 -- 7:10PM, Kelly wrote:

Paul McGinley is not the problem .He talks a lot of sense and was an excellent Ryder Cup Captain , unlike some before

Report slickster September 27, 2021 5:34 PM BST
Mcginley biased opinions are irrelevant in this. Usa had 12 group 1 performers. Europe, with the exception of Rahm, were just decent handicappers. Totally outplayed and outclassed. Give me butch in the commentary box every time. Totally unbiased.
Report johnnythebull September 27, 2021 6:23 PM BST
twitcher Butch is the MOST ungenuine,disingenuous comm..what he comes out with is actually the total opposite of what he really thinks but they're all on the gravy train so it is what it is
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com