Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
firstimevisor
09 Sep 21 21:48
| Topic/replies: 1,303 | Blogger: firstimevisor's blog
Wiesberger/Lowry - whichever one does not qualify
Garcia
Rose

Really do not want to see Poulter there
Pause Switch to Standard View European Wildcard Predictions
Show More
Report england_v_south_afri September 10, 2021 1:30 PM BST
Poulter is a cert imho. Harrington knows he is the Postman at Ryder Cups.
Report Mighty Whites 2008 September 10, 2021 7:47 PM BST
Poulter Rose and Garcia nailed on unless Beefburger knocks out westwood or Lowry then will be three from the four suspect Rose would miss out unless he wins this week
Report firstimevisor September 10, 2021 10:24 PM BST
I cannot see any reason at all why Poulter would get the nod ahead of Rose. Its not as if Poulter is some kind of golf god, by PGA tour standards he has been a life-long journeyman yet he is now looking for his fifth RC wildcard no less. Rose is a major winner, Olympic champion, former world no 1, and topped both European and US order of merit tables and is now looking for his first wildcard.
Report Deplasterer September 11, 2021 10:06 AM BST
Simples, Poulter, Rose and Garcia.
Report trebor September 12, 2021 12:15 AM BST
Don't see that you can leave out Lowry around Whistling Straits, Garcia will get a pick, then Rose or Poulter, I would prefer Rose myself.
Report JML September 12, 2021 12:39 AM BST
I'd pick the same 3 trebor.

Wasn't there bad blood between Garcia and Harrington a few years ago?

It's 14 years since the play off for the open ----did that have anything to do with it?
Report Blackrock September 12, 2021 11:13 AM BST
Think Garcia and Poults are certainties. Would pick Lowry myself if he doesn't make side on merit.

Poulter born for the Ryder Cup.
Report firstimevisor September 12, 2021 11:24 AM BST
Maybe so Blackrock, he won't be remembered for anything else. Problem for me is he was born a long time ago and has won just once in the last 12 years. At 46 he doesnt deserve any consideration for a wild card pick based on his general play nowadays
Report therhino September 12, 2021 12:06 PM BST
Assuming Wiesberger gets the automatic nod then Lowry and Garcia are certs. I'd certainly take Rose over Poulter but neither are very long these days and Whistling Straits is a big ball park. Europe are outgunned on paper this time around and might need to take a punt, why not Rasmus?
Report firstimevisor September 12, 2021 12:13 PM BST
Agreed. Would be a great pick
Report Blackrock September 12, 2021 1:22 PM BST
Poulter has bottle and has always done the biz when required. He may be short but he is a very decent putter.

Agree with Rasmus but maybe the next Ryder Cup not this.
Report 1st time poster September 12, 2021 2:55 PM BST
you can picture in 10 yrs plus time poulter giving the captaincy and giving hiomself a wildcard because its tradition, LaughLaugh
Report drive for show putt for dough September 12, 2021 3:35 PM BST
Garcia should get a pick and Lowry if he doesnt get in automatically. Personally id go for Noren as the third wild card but suspect it will be Poulter.

Rose has been dog **** for two years - didnt even make the fed ex cup top 125.

Whoever europe pick they are in for a tough time can see them getting hammered this year
Report 1st time poster September 12, 2021 5:44 PM BST
POULTER NOT ONLY GETS a pick but looks like he gets the nod even before others/better players are still fighting for one
poulter has the added bonus of never getting close enough in a tourn to be under the pressure of trying to win
he really needs leaving out give someone else a chance
Report HeinzGuderian September 12, 2021 5:46 PM BST

Sep 12, 2021 -- 11:44AM, 1st time poster wrote:

POULTER NOT ONLY GETS a pick but looks like he gets the nod even before others/better players are still fighting for onepoulter has the added bonus of never getting close enough in a tourn to be under the pressure of trying to winhe really needs leaving out give someone else a chance

Mate please, stick to WWE! #justSayin Sad

Report HeinzGuderian September 12, 2021 5:47 PM BST
Anyone but Lowry!
Report saxon farm September 12, 2021 5:49 PM BST
Weisberger will only play 2 matches.
Report drive for show putt for dough September 12, 2021 5:56 PM BST
Weisberger in much better form than virtually everyone else on the team baring Rahm. He has earned his place the hard way. Doubt he will be weakest link
Report saxon farm September 12, 2021 6:01 PM BST
I think Rose will miss out.
Report saxon farm September 12, 2021 6:18 PM BST
1st time poster, is on these pages purely as “un provacteur”
Report saxon farm September 12, 2021 6:21 PM BST
un provacateur
Report Vubiant September 12, 2021 6:55 PM BST
Garcia Rose Lowry
Report GoBallistic September 12, 2021 7:28 PM BST
I'd have to take Poulter and Garcia. Neither is that far down the qualifying rankings so I think it's justified based on their past records. For the final spot I don't think there's much to choose between any of them
Report 1st time poster September 12, 2021 7:38 PM BST
harrington poulter in the best form of his life

as a punter all i can say he,s keeping it well hidden
Report 1st time poster September 12, 2021 7:42 PM BST
sky swamp us with stats 24/7
wonder if sky and harrington would like to show us the stats that show poulters playing the best golf og his life

me and my team no it,doesnt really cut it
Report england_v_south_afri September 12, 2021 7:44 PM BST
Would of preferred Rose instead of Lowry
Report saxon farm September 12, 2021 7:46 PM BST
Except he did not say that.
Report firstimevisor September 12, 2021 8:13 PM BST
Poulter doesnt even make the cut this week and Rose has a top 10 finish. Bizarre choice
Report saxon farm September 12, 2021 8:18 PM BST
firstimevisor

You don’t know the half of it.
Report firstimevisor September 12, 2021 8:30 PM BST
The half of what?
What I do know is that Poulter has been given a wild card for life regardless of how he performs as a golfer from week to week. Francesco Molinari got 5/5 in the last RC but  there was never any mention of him getting the nod this time.
Poulter on the other hand gets the call up again because he played well for 3 days back in 2012
Report saxon farm September 12, 2021 8:59 PM BST
The half that Poulter brings to the table on and off the course.
Now don’t get me wrong but I think he is a pompous pr&ck, but he energises.
It was a horrible decision to leave Justin out but I think he made the right one.
For the sake of Europe, I hope Tyrell Hatton gets a slap about his enormous head to bring him back down to earth.

firstimevisor
apologies for appearing offhand.
Report 1st time poster September 12, 2021 9:01 PM BST
luckily were coming to an end of an era or rather than enhance team harmony the poulter picks will eventually undermine the teams togetherness ,cant see rosey been to happy
hence harringtons ridiculous comment that we [ him and his vice captains ] no unlike us plebs that poults stats show he,s playing best golf of his career
play it again i have and thats what he said,
people didnt mind/ understood when poults gets picks over rookies but rosie got as good a record as poults and stenson playing well last 6 weeks with great cup record
Report brain dead jockeys September 12, 2021 9:14 PM BST
i thought he and garcia had history.......i predict poulter and westwood flop
Report saxon farm September 12, 2021 9:25 PM BST
They did.
Until at Rory’s wedding.
There was “an elephant in the room” according to Harrington which needed sorting once and for all.
It was!
Report saxon farm September 12, 2021 9:30 PM BST
I’ve played golf to a reasonable level and as soon as you meet up as a team it’s a “ one for all”.
Report Kelly September 13, 2021 3:09 AM BST
I don't follow the stats too much , but I have a feeling that Poulter has been playing well over the last 6 months , unlike Rose who was dire until very recently .

But the Ryder Cup is a one off , every 2 years , and it is match play unlike the normal weekly 72 hole stuff .

Padraig and co have picked the 3 I would have  , maybe for reasons different from mine . Depending on how the pairings work out I would be leaving out Hatton and Fitzpatrick initially , both look fragile on recent form .

Westwood taking flak on other threads , but unlikely to let side down , and think he would step aside if he felt he was not playing well over the 3 days .

The Americans seldom play according to their world rankings , Dustin and Tiger should have won every time they played according to world rankings ,but  their record does not reflect that .
Report Mighty Whites 2008 September 13, 2021 8:06 PM BST
Poulter Rose and Garcia nailed on unless Beefburger knocks out westwood or Lowry then will be three from the four suspect Rose would miss out unless he wins this week

firstimevisor 10 Sep 21 21:24 
I cannot see any reason at all why Poulter would get the nod ahead of Rose. Its not as if Poulter is some kind of golf god, by PGA tour standards he has been a life-long journeyman yet he is now looking for his fifth RC wildcard no less. Rose is a major winner, Olympic champion, former world no 1, and topped both European and US order of merit tables and is now looking for his first wildcard.

Wink
Report Mighty Whites 2008 September 13, 2021 8:11 PM BST
[i]Kelly 13 Sep 21 02:09 
I don't follow the stats too much , but I have a feeling that Poulter has been playing well over the last 6 months , unlike Rose who was dire until very recently .

But the Ryder Cup is a one off , every 2 years , and it is match play unlike the normal weekly 72 hole stuff .

Padraig and co have picked the 3 I would have  , maybe for reasons different from mine . Depending on how the pairings work out I would be leaving out Hatton and Fitzpatrick initially , both look fragile on recent form .

Westwood taking flak on other threads , but unlikely to let side down , and think he would step aside if he felt he was not playing well over the 3 days .

Good post Kelly

Personally I would have picked Noren over Poulter but can see why he was picked.

I fear for europe this time. All 12 americans are ranked in the world's top 21 and it is hard to see lots of them playing poorly conversely many of euro team are woefully out of form. Coupled with the fact it will be a very partisan crowd with little if any european support will make it difficult. That said the Ryder cup is different to the 72 hole format of normal individual golf. Fear a wholloping like 2016

The Americans seldom play according to their world rankings , Dustin and Tiger should have won every time they played according to world rankings ,but  their record does not reflect that .[/i]
Report firstimevisor September 13, 2021 10:21 PM BST
Poulter getting picked did not shock me but I am disappointed by it, as I was 3 years ago. A fifth wildcard for a 46 year old journeyman is crazy. There were far better options. Europe have no chance
Report Blackrock September 15, 2021 10:49 AM BST
Wouldn't be so sure that the Yanks are certainties. Europe has its weaknesses,we know that. But Daniel Berger,Scottie and English are journeyman golfers. Scottie may have the ability to be better though.

Schaffele the proverbial bottler. Thomas couldn't hit a cow's @ss with a banjo, let alone find a fairway. Jordan been struggling for a good while now.
Report therhino September 15, 2021 12:39 PM BST
English has just had a career season and Berger and Scottie are both still in their twenties. Berger is particular since the resumption after Covid has been one of the best and certainly most consistent players on the big boy tour. You can't be calling them journeymen in the context of the Ryder Cup when you look at who is on the other team.
Report now wheres that switch!!! September 16, 2021 10:58 PM BST
Berger’s swing is prime to not hold up under the pressure of the Ryder Cup, same thoughts for Scottie. Those two weaken their team IMO. Trouble is, the other 10 look pretty dam good!!
Report drive for show putt for dough September 26, 2021 10:00 PM BST
drive for show putt for dough Joined: 08 Mar 09
Replies: 125112 Sep 21 14:35 
Garcia should get a pick and Lowry if he doesnt get in automatically. Personally id go for Noren as the third wild card but suspect it will be Poulter.

Rose has been dog **** for two years - didnt even make the fed ex cup top 125.

Whoever europe pick they are in for a tough time can see them getting hammered this year

aye
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com