Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
firstimevisor
09 Sep 21 21:48
| Topic/replies: 1,303 | Blogger: firstimevisor's blog
Wiesberger/Lowry - whichever one does not qualify
Garcia
Rose

Really do not want to see Poulter there

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  Previous 1 | 2 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 43
By:
england_v_south_afri
When: 10 Sep 21 13:30
Poulter is a cert imho. Harrington knows he is the Postman at Ryder Cups.
By:
Mighty Whites 2008
When: 10 Sep 21 19:47
Poulter Rose and Garcia nailed on unless Beefburger knocks out westwood or Lowry then will be three from the four suspect Rose would miss out unless he wins this week
By:
firstimevisor
When: 10 Sep 21 22:24
I cannot see any reason at all why Poulter would get the nod ahead of Rose. Its not as if Poulter is some kind of golf god, by PGA tour standards he has been a life-long journeyman yet he is now looking for his fifth RC wildcard no less. Rose is a major winner, Olympic champion, former world no 1, and topped both European and US order of merit tables and is now looking for his first wildcard.
By:
Deplasterer
When: 11 Sep 21 10:06
Simples, Poulter, Rose and Garcia.
By:
trebor
When: 12 Sep 21 00:15
Don't see that you can leave out Lowry around Whistling Straits, Garcia will get a pick, then Rose or Poulter, I would prefer Rose myself.
By:
JML
When: 12 Sep 21 00:39
I'd pick the same 3 trebor.

Wasn't there bad blood between Garcia and Harrington a few years ago?

It's 14 years since the play off for the open ----did that have anything to do with it?
By:
Blackrock
When: 12 Sep 21 11:13
Think Garcia and Poults are certainties. Would pick Lowry myself if he doesn't make side on merit.

Poulter born for the Ryder Cup.
By:
firstimevisor
When: 12 Sep 21 11:24
Maybe so Blackrock, he won't be remembered for anything else. Problem for me is he was born a long time ago and has won just once in the last 12 years. At 46 he doesnt deserve any consideration for a wild card pick based on his general play nowadays
By:
therhino
When: 12 Sep 21 12:06
Assuming Wiesberger gets the automatic nod then Lowry and Garcia are certs. I'd certainly take Rose over Poulter but neither are very long these days and Whistling Straits is a big ball park. Europe are outgunned on paper this time around and might need to take a punt, why not Rasmus?
By:
firstimevisor
When: 12 Sep 21 12:13
Agreed. Would be a great pick
By:
Blackrock
When: 12 Sep 21 13:22
Poulter has bottle and has always done the biz when required. He may be short but he is a very decent putter.

Agree with Rasmus but maybe the next Ryder Cup not this.
By:
1st time poster
When: 12 Sep 21 14:55
you can picture in 10 yrs plus time poulter giving the captaincy and giving hiomself a wildcard because its tradition, LaughLaugh
By:
drive for show putt for dough
When: 12 Sep 21 15:35
Garcia should get a pick and Lowry if he doesnt get in automatically. Personally id go for Noren as the third wild card but suspect it will be Poulter.

Rose has been dog **** for two years - didnt even make the fed ex cup top 125.

Whoever europe pick they are in for a tough time can see them getting hammered this year
By:
1st time poster
When: 12 Sep 21 17:44
POULTER NOT ONLY GETS a pick but looks like he gets the nod even before others/better players are still fighting for one
poulter has the added bonus of never getting close enough in a tourn to be under the pressure of trying to win
he really needs leaving out give someone else a chance
By:
HeinzGuderian
When: 12 Sep 21 17:46

Sep 12, 2021 -- 11:44AM, 1st time poster wrote:

POULTER NOT ONLY GETS a pick but looks like he gets the nod even before others/better players are still fighting for onepoulter has the added bonus of never getting close enough in a tourn to be under the pressure of trying to winhe really needs leaving out give someone else a chance

Mate please, stick to WWE! #justSayin Sad

By:
HeinzGuderian
When: 12 Sep 21 17:47
Anyone but Lowry!
By:
saxon farm
When: 12 Sep 21 17:49
Weisberger will only play 2 matches.
By:
drive for show putt for dough
When: 12 Sep 21 17:56
Weisberger in much better form than virtually everyone else on the team baring Rahm. He has earned his place the hard way. Doubt he will be weakest link
By:
saxon farm
When: 12 Sep 21 18:01
I think Rose will miss out.
By:
saxon farm
When: 12 Sep 21 18:18
1st time poster, is on these pages purely as “un provacteur”
By:
saxon farm
When: 12 Sep 21 18:21
un provacateur
By:
Vubiant
When: 12 Sep 21 18:55
Garcia Rose Lowry
By:
GoBallistic
When: 12 Sep 21 19:28
I'd have to take Poulter and Garcia. Neither is that far down the qualifying rankings so I think it's justified based on their past records. For the final spot I don't think there's much to choose between any of them
By:
1st time poster
When: 12 Sep 21 19:38
harrington poulter in the best form of his life

as a punter all i can say he,s keeping it well hidden
By:
1st time poster
When: 12 Sep 21 19:42
sky swamp us with stats 24/7
wonder if sky and harrington would like to show us the stats that show poulters playing the best golf og his life

me and my team no it,doesnt really cut it
By:
england_v_south_afri
When: 12 Sep 21 19:44
Would of preferred Rose instead of Lowry
By:
saxon farm
When: 12 Sep 21 19:46
Except he did not say that.
By:
firstimevisor
When: 12 Sep 21 20:13
Poulter doesnt even make the cut this week and Rose has a top 10 finish. Bizarre choice
By:
saxon farm
When: 12 Sep 21 20:18
firstimevisor

You don’t know the half of it.
By:
firstimevisor
When: 12 Sep 21 20:30
The half of what?
What I do know is that Poulter has been given a wild card for life regardless of how he performs as a golfer from week to week. Francesco Molinari got 5/5 in the last RC but  there was never any mention of him getting the nod this time.
Poulter on the other hand gets the call up again because he played well for 3 days back in 2012
By:
saxon farm
When: 12 Sep 21 20:59
The half that Poulter brings to the table on and off the course.
Now don’t get me wrong but I think he is a pompous pr&ck, but he energises.
It was a horrible decision to leave Justin out but I think he made the right one.
For the sake of Europe, I hope Tyrell Hatton gets a slap about his enormous head to bring him back down to earth.

firstimevisor
apologies for appearing offhand.
By:
1st time poster
When: 12 Sep 21 21:01
luckily were coming to an end of an era or rather than enhance team harmony the poulter picks will eventually undermine the teams togetherness ,cant see rosey been to happy
hence harringtons ridiculous comment that we [ him and his vice captains ] no unlike us plebs that poults stats show he,s playing best golf of his career
play it again i have and thats what he said,
people didnt mind/ understood when poults gets picks over rookies but rosie got as good a record as poults and stenson playing well last 6 weeks with great cup record
By:
brain dead jockeys
When: 12 Sep 21 21:14
i thought he and garcia had history.......i predict poulter and westwood flop
By:
saxon farm
When: 12 Sep 21 21:25
They did.
Until at Rory’s wedding.
There was “an elephant in the room” according to Harrington which needed sorting once and for all.
It was!
By:
saxon farm
When: 12 Sep 21 21:30
I’ve played golf to a reasonable level and as soon as you meet up as a team it’s a “ one for all”.
By:
Kelly
When: 13 Sep 21 03:09
I don't follow the stats too much , but I have a feeling that Poulter has been playing well over the last 6 months , unlike Rose who was dire until very recently .

But the Ryder Cup is a one off , every 2 years , and it is match play unlike the normal weekly 72 hole stuff .

Padraig and co have picked the 3 I would have  , maybe for reasons different from mine . Depending on how the pairings work out I would be leaving out Hatton and Fitzpatrick initially , both look fragile on recent form .

Westwood taking flak on other threads , but unlikely to let side down , and think he would step aside if he felt he was not playing well over the 3 days .

The Americans seldom play according to their world rankings , Dustin and Tiger should have won every time they played according to world rankings ,but  their record does not reflect that .
By:
Mighty Whites 2008
When: 13 Sep 21 20:06
Poulter Rose and Garcia nailed on unless Beefburger knocks out westwood or Lowry then will be three from the four suspect Rose would miss out unless he wins this week

firstimevisor 10 Sep 21 21:24 
I cannot see any reason at all why Poulter would get the nod ahead of Rose. Its not as if Poulter is some kind of golf god, by PGA tour standards he has been a life-long journeyman yet he is now looking for his fifth RC wildcard no less. Rose is a major winner, Olympic champion, former world no 1, and topped both European and US order of merit tables and is now looking for his first wildcard.

Wink
By:
Mighty Whites 2008
When: 13 Sep 21 20:11
[i]Kelly 13 Sep 21 02:09 
I don't follow the stats too much , but I have a feeling that Poulter has been playing well over the last 6 months , unlike Rose who was dire until very recently .

But the Ryder Cup is a one off , every 2 years , and it is match play unlike the normal weekly 72 hole stuff .

Padraig and co have picked the 3 I would have  , maybe for reasons different from mine . Depending on how the pairings work out I would be leaving out Hatton and Fitzpatrick initially , both look fragile on recent form .

Westwood taking flak on other threads , but unlikely to let side down , and think he would step aside if he felt he was not playing well over the 3 days .

Good post Kelly

Personally I would have picked Noren over Poulter but can see why he was picked.

I fear for europe this time. All 12 americans are ranked in the world's top 21 and it is hard to see lots of them playing poorly conversely many of euro team are woefully out of form. Coupled with the fact it will be a very partisan crowd with little if any european support will make it difficult. That said the Ryder cup is different to the 72 hole format of normal individual golf. Fear a wholloping like 2016

The Americans seldom play according to their world rankings , Dustin and Tiger should have won every time they played according to world rankings ,but  their record does not reflect that .[/i]
By:
firstimevisor
When: 13 Sep 21 22:21
Poulter getting picked did not shock me but I am disappointed by it, as I was 3 years ago. A fifth wildcard for a 46 year old journeyman is crazy. There were far better options. Europe have no chance
Page 1 of 2  •  Previous 1 | 2 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com