Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
xmoneyx
08 Sep 21 16:02
| Topic/replies: 57,302 | Blogger: xmoneyx's blog
With his Captain's Picks locked, @SteveStricker wild card selects:

Flag of United States @DanielBerger59
Flag of United States @Harris_English
Flag of United States @tonyfinaugolf
Flag of United States @XSchauffele
Flag of United States Scottie Scheffler
Flag of United States @JordanSpieth

reed left out -health reasons

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 9  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 9 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 349
By:
rommel
When: 09 Sep 21 10:07
i like reed and it may be a big loss for them
By:
rommel
When: 09 Sep 21 10:09
you guys know better than i,is the spiff a good pick?
By:
rommel
When: 09 Sep 21 10:21
"US rookies have a 40-29-17 [wins-losses-halves] record so they do well in this format. And some have experience of playing in the Presidents Cup so they are not rookies in team events.
By:
rommel
When: 09 Sep 21 10:38
if theres been much hype around this i havent seen it(well am in a bunker)
By:
bobweenit
When: 09 Sep 21 10:42
No Patty Reid Shocked
By:
rommel
When: 09 Sep 21 11:03
double pneumonia reed,lucky to pull thru',i like him
By:
therhino
When: 09 Sep 21 11:29
Spieth had to be picked and have to think Reed's omission was as a result of his health. No real surprises there they all basically picked themselves. Horschel and Burns also had claims but hadn't done quite enough.
By:
rommel
When: 10 Sep 21 01:46
europe any chance rhino?
By:
therhino
When: 10 Sep 21 04:15
Always a chance in a 2 horse race but USA deserve to be very strong faves. Their lowest ranked player in OWGR rankings is Scheffler at #21, who knows how low Europe will go and a few of the Europe stalwarts - Rose, Stenson, Sergio etc are getting on and others are in nowhere near as good form as they were in 2018.
By:
GoBallistic
When: 10 Sep 21 14:22
The media and EU team are going to be desperate to play up the whole Koepka / DeChambeau thing and that could be a distraction for the US team which is prone to a meltdown at the best of times. That's assuming Koepka is fit to play which is not certain
By:
xmoneyx
When: 12 Sep 21 06:17
rory probably one of his worst years
By:
xmoneyx
When: 12 Sep 21 14:24
american horschel didnt even get a phonecall

world matchplay winner Whoops
By:
LOU MACARIS TARTAN B
When: 23 Sep 21 21:36
Is this the only Ryder Cup thread?  It starts tomorrow and barely a mention on here?
By:
Helioso
When: 23 Sep 21 22:16
I'm guessing it might liven-up once the foursome pairings are announced !

I just don't see Europe having a chance this time round, with too many of the players totally out of form.

The sports book won't let me build the bets I was actually looking at, but have gone with these 4 for now ahead of the pairings

USA to win, Justin Thomas top US points scorer, Viktor Hovland top European Rookie & Patrick Cantlay top US Rookie @ 40/1
Jon Rahm top European Points Scorer, Justin Thomas top USA & USA Win 66/1
J Rahm top European points scorer, S Garcia top European wildcard, J Spieth top US wildcard & P Cantlay top US rookie @66/1
Jon Rahm European points scorer, Jordan Spieth top US points scorer & Xander Schauffele top rookie @ 80/1

LOTM
By:
Vubiant
When: 23 Sep 21 22:19
I fear it could be as bad as 17 1/2 -10 1/2 .
By:
GoBallistic
When: 23 Sep 21 23:34
Friday morning foursomes

Spieth/Thomas v Rahm/Garcia
Johnson/Morikawa v Casey/Hovland
Koepka/Berger v Westwood/Fitzpatrick
Cantlay/Schauffele v McIlroy/Poulter

European pairings don't bear much resemblance to the practice pairings so somewhat surprising
By:
irish_guy_13
When: 23 Sep 21 23:41
16/1 for the red team  to get off to a 4 nil start? worth a fiver?
By:
Helioso
When: 23 Sep 21 23:43
Vubiant,

I fear it could be even worse than 17 1/2 - 10 1/2 given those initial pairings.

I had been building a position around the 16.5 - 12.5 score, will probably need to adjust it outward

LOTM
By:
xmoneyx
When: 23 Sep 21 23:49
yank on course

I watched Ian Poulter on the range Tuesday & he looked like a 4 handicap insurance salesman hitting duck hooks. First call here, he goes winless this week
By:
therhino
When: 24 Sep 21 01:08
Cantlay at 8.6 to be top US points scorer. That combo with Xander looks very solid and possibly gets rolled out across all 4 sessions. I also love the DJ/Collin pairing, compliment one another perfectly for the course. Golf channel broke down the odd and even holes at Whistling Straits early this week in detail and how a bomber compliments a great wedge player if you get the order right. Instantly thought DJ/Collin and here we are.

DJ/Collin at 2.2 to beat Casey/Hovland an instant bet from the first session for me.
By:
Insideshrewdie
When: 24 Sep 21 08:04
The betting strategy could be...let Europe start reasonably well in foursomes which is where historically USA can struggle a bit.....let USA drift to c 1.7 then plunge in on USA.....(only concern being European line up doesn't fill you with confidence fro morning forusomes....)
By:
FatherMaguire
When: 24 Sep 21 08:41
Rahm And McIlroy will have to play out their skins for it to be close going into the singles - Weisburger and Lowry should be good for the odd point too
By:
now wheres that switch!!!
When: 24 Sep 21 09:09
USA could touch evens after first day imo. Spieth playing is a big plus for Europe in the morning, thought they wouldn’t risk his 28 hcp driving in foursomes… DJ and Colin both been on the missing any kind of form list recently… Schauffele should never be conceded a putt etc.. a lot made of the USA rankings… but they are formed from a very lopsided system and count for very little this week.
By:
When: 24 Sep 21 09:12
Interesting match is 3rd out.. if Europe can get up early in that, can see Brooks’s head going down and Berger’s very iffy dingaling under pressure failing..
By:
Helioso
When: 24 Sep 21 12:51
There is Free money, to be had if you think the foursomes score is going to be 3-1 to the USA, you can back the tie in the handicap at 9/2 & lay it on the exchange at 5.0 to 5.1

LOTM
By:
therhino
When: 24 Sep 21 13:18
Ordinary atmosphere for a Ryder Cup.
By:
----you-have-to-laugh---
When: 24 Sep 21 13:21
Thomas and Sergio putting together

And Rahm v spieth

2 even battles at different proficiency
By:
Des Pond
When: 24 Sep 21 13:30
Quite funny to see over half a click of movement after one tee shot. Grin
By:
Des Pond
When: 24 Sep 21 13:33
mind you, could be sub 1.4 soon at this rate. Shocked
By:
therhino
When: 24 Sep 21 13:38
Stunning looking golf course Love
By:
When: 24 Sep 21 13:39
Looks a gem of a course, built for an event like this.
By:
therhino
When: 24 Sep 21 13:59
Vamos Espana Excited
By:
When: 24 Sep 21 14:19
Must be a record for adverts already….
By:
Helioso
When: 24 Sep 21 14:27
Absolutely appalling regarding the number & length of adverts already.

Matches going pretty much as I expected so far, although the top-one is tighter than I thought it would be.

So pretty happy with my foursomes position as it stands :)

LOTM
By:
bobweenit
When: 24 Sep 21 14:28
The Postman already late on deliveries and dropping mail all over ze sho0p
By:
bobweenit
When: 24 Sep 21 14:28
Spare a thought 4 Rosey people!!
By:
bobweenit
When: 24 Sep 21 14:29
I am bollocks deep on the Yanks to win the first point and lift the cup at 6/4. Wish me luck!!
By:
bobweenit
When: 24 Sep 21 14:30
Could do with the Cantlay match being done by the 12th reallyExcitedGrin
By:
bobweenit
When: 24 Sep 21 14:33
3up through 3! The 1 in the closest and that mug the postman gwtting ripped a new ! Smash these Euro clowns boys and make that boy Paddy Harrington brake down!!
Page 1 of 9  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 9 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com