Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Chelseaman
05 Jun 21 22:27
| Topic/replies: 9 | Blogger: Chelseaman's blog
What happens to bets?
Pause Switch to Standard View Rahm tests positive.
Show More
Report Deplasterer June 5, 2021 11:59 PM BST
Down the drain.
Report now wheres that switch!!! June 6, 2021 12:04 AM BST
Christ... don’t think anyone is going to trade 1.1 or less until over the last putt from here on, always a chance of being told to leave the course!!
Report drive for show putt for dough June 6, 2021 12:05 AM BST
use them to wipe your arse
Report GoBallistic June 6, 2021 12:12 AM BST
https://www.pgatour.com/news/2021/06/05/jon-rahm-withdraws-2021-the-memorial-tournament-presented-by-nationwide-covid-19-coronavirus.html
PGA TOUR Statement regarding Jon Rahm

On the evening Monday, May 31, the PGA TOUR notified Jon Rahm that he was subject to contact-tracing protocols, as he had come in close contact with a person who was COVID positive. Per the TOUR’s COVID Health & Safety Plan, Rahm was given the option to remain in the competition and enter our tracing protocol, which includes daily testing and restricted access to indoor facilities. Rahm has remained asymptomatic.

Rahm has tested negative every day, but his most recent test – which was performed after the conclusion of his second round (rain delayed) and before the start of his third round – returned positive at approximately 4:20 p.m. ET while Rahm was on the golf course. The PGA TOUR’s medical advisor requested a confirmatory test on the original sample, which came back at 6:05 p.m. ET, and was also positive.

The PGA TOUR’s medical advisor notified Rahm immediately upon completion of his round, and under TOUR protocols, he will be withdrawn from the competition. Rahm is now in isolation, and in accordance with CDC guidelines, he will need to remain in isolation through Tuesday, June 15.

While this is an incredibly unfortunate situation, throughout 50 events since the PGA TOUR’s Return to Golf, there have been only four positive tests (including Rahm) within competition; Rahm is the first positive, asymptomatic case as part of the TOUR’s routine, contact-tracing protocols.
Report bobweenit June 6, 2021 12:40 AM BST
Unbelievable Jeff!!
Report Jack_Kray June 6, 2021 12:45 AM BST
Had £20 on Rahm at 9/1 before R2 with PP

They were offering £93 cash out with 2 holes to play in R3 - which I thought was pretty sh1t given his lead

Just been credited £200 as if he won though, so fair do's to PP
Report Deplasterer June 6, 2021 1:00 AM BST
Yep, PP do those justice refunds melarky.
Report vikingharold June 6, 2021 1:14 AM BST
It is clear that some people had inside knowledge as Rahm went to 50 before he was suspended.  Betfair exchange should at least void the winners market and return all stakes in my opinion. Better still if they pay out in Rahm I was going to return £nearly £1000 profit. Now I have a big loss
Report San Quentin June 6, 2021 9:43 AM BST
Vikings,get a grip ,bets a loser ,move on,you knew the rules.Go to bed get up tomorrow and start again.Silly silly man/woman .Intact what a selfish human you are,I presume you suffer(my sympathies)from a mental disorder.
Report twizzle22 June 6, 2021 11:56 AM BST
Shocking decision, they should have let him go out on his own at sunrise, carry his own clubs with a marker 20yds away, he would have done it. Very harsh, cost him £1m.
Report drive for show putt for dough June 6, 2021 12:17 PM BST
twizzle22 06 Jun 21 10:56 
Shocking decision, they should have let him go out on his own at sunrise, carry his own clubs with a marker 20yds away, he would have done it. Very harsh, cost him £1m.

Has known since Monday that he had been in close contact with someone. Should have never teed it up and been isolating since then. Could have infected loads of people over the last few days not to mention that this tournament is hosted by the games greatest legend aged 81.
Report now wheres that switch!!! June 6, 2021 12:20 PM BST
Agree re the decision, could easily have found a way to complete final round solo etc. Very iffy how the positive test came along as he cruised 6 shots clear, making it a complete non contest for the tv networks to cover...
Report pattayaboy June 6, 2021 12:52 PM BST

Jun 6, 2021 -- 6:17AM, drive for show putt for dough wrote:

twizzle22 06 Jun 21 10:56

Report flipem June 6, 2021 1:06 PM BST
365 have just paid out on my Rahm winner for £735.  Great decision I obviously think but it shows how some companies look after their customers
Report drive for show putt for dough June 6, 2021 1:08 PM BST
its cheap publicity for them flipem
Report taximan June 6, 2021 1:13 PM BST
Still nice of paddy,and b365 to payout as winner
Report EUGENE KRABS June 6, 2021 2:00 PM BST
I'm sure Rahm will have another independent test which if negative could be interesting ! Rahm had no symptoms and I'm sure it wouldn't be the first "false positive" - forget the betting to Rahm this is massive in terms of prestige of defending, money, Fedex points, Ryder points etc - I imagine this is going to take some getting over for him !!
Report drive for show putt for dough June 6, 2021 2:17 PM BST
He has been in close contact with a positive case

His sample was tested twice and came back positive both times

The bigger question is why was he allowed to start in the first place?
Report now wheres that switch!!! June 6, 2021 3:42 PM BST
Err.. are we going to stop people entering if they have flu or upset stomachs next..? Surely he is vaccinated and the rest in the field too..? If so, should be able to crack on or else one has to wonder  what the point of the vaccinations are....
Report themightymac June 6, 2021 3:56 PM BST
Bookies will pay out if they have him as a small loser. I can assure you that if 356 had him on the books to lose a million, they wouldn`t pay out.
Report drive for show putt for dough June 6, 2021 4:00 PM BST
now wheres that switch!!! Joined: 10 Sep 09
Replies: 131506 Jun 21 14:42 
Err.. are we going to stop people entering if they have flu or upset stomachs next..? Surely he is vaccinated and the rest in the field too..? If so, should be able to crack on or else one has to wonder  what the point of the vaccinations are....

In case you havent noticed the world has basically ground to a halt over the last 18 months.

Less than half the tour are vaccinated. The tour bent over backwards letting him start when he really should have isolated. Its unfortunate but its the world we live in
Report xmoneyx June 6, 2021 4:08 PM BST
he vaccinated AFTER he was told he was close contact with someone who had covid
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y June 6, 2021 5:26 PM BST
Why did the officials leave Rahm to finish up on 18 and shake hands with all those he was paired with before informing him, are the others not at risk now of having it ?

Just heard Hennie say there they didn't even have to be tested this morning......

What a sh1tshow
Report loui June 6, 2021 5:43 PM BST
Will be embarrassing for whoever wins later, picking up a cup that's certainly not yours
Report xmoneyx June 7, 2021 12:12 PM BST
need to play 4 rounds to win

cantley estatic win/ money
Report loui June 7, 2021 2:25 PM BST
Words Cantlay/ecstatic just don't go together
Report loui June 7, 2021 5:07 PM BST
Rahm should have entered the Porsche, that's a 3 round winner
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539