Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Kelly
25 Mar 21 17:48
| Topic/replies: 8,517 | Blogger: Kelly's blog
Figures just released for Northern Ireland .  Bonkers .

Some civil servant decided that "loss of profit" would be the criteria .  Since when were golf clubs viewed as profit making organisations ? They are socially interactive community organisations for people playing out in the fresh air .

Club members have been getting zero for their subscriptions , zero community interaction , and have been subject to idiotic rules for a sport where there is no physical interaction .

No surprise for government again to get things wrong , but to hand a club like Royal County Down , with about 300 members , 1.6 million , and a club like ours with 1200 members zero is lunacy . One wonders what RCD will do with the 1.6 million , it costs as much to service our course as it does RCD , and we got zero. The relatively few members of RCD must be rubbing their hands .

Beware of civil servants .  But then again they set up the RHI scheme which has cost us here in Northern Ireland at least 500 million from the public purse .

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 9
By:
dazmacccccc
When: 25 Mar 21 21:36
did your club submit an application for funds?
By:
workrider
When: 26 Mar 21 23:42
I'm a member of 2 clubs down South Kelly and I don't think the Government offered any comp to any clubs in the Republic..
By:
LOU MACARIS TARTAN B
When: 27 Mar 21 03:02
I'm a member of local golf club and we renew in June for the year.  Since June we must have lost about two months due to Covid in 2020 and then the first three months of this year making five months out of the twelve we couldn't play.

I know it's not the club's fault (we are a private members club) but to lose five months out of the twelve and they're compensating us NOTHING.  I appreciate they couldn't exactly give us money back but thought they could maybe give us all say three extra months when we pay for the twelve in June.  In fact our fees are going up by about £50 for the year which is about a normal increase but considering we've missed almost half of the year I do think it a bit out of order.

Thoughts?
By:
Jack Hacksaw
When: 27 Mar 21 10:20
I joined a club after initial lockdown.  Existing member were given some rebate apparently. The club had received some government funds.

Renewal is 1st April and IF we rejoin, we have been offered a refund the amount to be determined, but it is expected to be smaller than last year.

Fees have remained about the same maybe a few quid more.

I am in England.
By:
LOU MACARIS TARTAN B
When: 27 Mar 21 11:47
Jack

Yes I'm in England.  I appreciate the club have lost money last year due to the bar being almost non existent, no weddings, funerals, birthdays etc etc but about 500 members all paid their fees for 12 months and we could only use it for seven months of the twelve.  That's a massive percentage that we couldn't play and they just say 'sorry'?  Sorry's no good how about three months at least on top of our twelve when we renew in June?

If we'd had lost a couple of months I'm sure nobody would be bothered but five months out of twelve and they give us nothing?
By:
workrider
When: 27 Mar 21 19:38
Here in Ireland we have been offered nothing , one of my clubs signed a top green keeper for this year , their email last month told me that due to employing him they would not be able to refund or even give a time rebate..I'm lucky in that I haven't renewed in that particular club and my membership runs out in the other one in Sept..
By:
Jack Hacksaw
When: 28 Mar 21 10:34
You'd assume the clubs would do all they could to reduce costs, furlough etc.  To give nothing back to members seems tight.
By:
LOU MACARIS TARTAN B
When: 28 Mar 21 11:01
Yes I know ours furloughed the bar staff so it cost them nothing, we have about five Green staff but a couple were furloughed for periods and they also got a couple of small grants I think which all helped.

I know it's not the same as Gym Membership or a Yearly train ticket where obviously you'd be due a rebate but to lose almost half of our 12 month term and they just say 'Sorry' seems very unfair to me.  I'm hoping lots of members leave because of it though apparently we have a waiting list of about 80 and the club's attitude is "Well if you want to leave then leave, we'll replace you with new members".  Not much we can really do.
By:
Jack Hacksaw
When: 28 Mar 21 12:31
Get them back by not putting the £1 in for the Charity Bunker!
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com