Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
dazmacccccc
11 Sep 20 19:39
| Topic/replies: 869 | Blogger: dazmacccccc's blog
Seems like the build up has started,big money is up on the exchange and the main bookies have gone 10 and 11 places e/w.

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 19  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 19 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 738
By:
therhino
When: 12 Sep 20 00:53
No reason not to go early if you see something you like, the Safeway will really have little to no bearing on next weeks market. Could do a lot worse than using the BMW as a guide as we really had a US Open 2 weeks ago.
By:
dazmacccccc
When: 12 Sep 20 00:56
and the rbc heritage i think
By:
therhino
When: 12 Sep 20 00:57
Why the Heritage?
By:
dazmacccccc
When: 12 Sep 20 01:20
the size of the greens and it usually rewards players who are capable of putting the ball exactly where they want to with their irons which is how i see this course demanding.
By:
therhino
When: 13 Sep 20 21:06
Interesting take. I take it you'll be on Niemann then. I'll certainly be cheering him on. The Xander backers have warmed up already I see.
By:
dazmacccccc
When: 14 Sep 20 05:21
i like how simpson took the week off before the tour championship with this in mind
By:
therhino
When: 14 Sep 20 12:47
Xander backers more than warmed up, they're full of beans once again.
By:
drive for show putt for dough
When: 14 Sep 20 16:59
dazmacccccc 12 Sep 20 02:20 
the size of the greens and it usually rewards players who are capable of putting the ball exactly where they want to with their irons which is how i see this course demanding.

Not sure there will be that much correlation. Harbour town is often won by high teens under par. Could probably take 20 plus shots more this week and still win
By:
dazmacccccc
When: 14 Sep 20 20:43
you compare courses by the winning scores?
By:
system99
When: 14 Sep 20 21:20
couple of transcripts of recent interviews done some of you might like, I found them quite informative ...

Q. Just a scouting report on Winged Foot. It looked like you went there yesterday, and just your impressions of it and so forth.

JON RAHM: Well, I honestly went because it didn't seem like flying from Chicago to Phoenix, spending one night at home, and flying all the way to the East Coast and then fly back for five years and then fly back to New York, just didn't seem like the best thing to do for my body.

So yeah, we went. I had Kelly as my caddie for the day. I just wanted to see the golf course. At least get a feel of the layout, some of the tee shots, just so when I go in the U.S. Open it's not all brand new.

And I did play early in the morning and rainy, so the first eight holes were extremely, extremely long. That's all I can say. It was also softer than what they're expecting to have the U.S. Open, so I didn't spend much time putting or chipping around the greens just because they were a lot slower and softer and some shots were obviously a lot easier than they're going to be in the U.S. Open.

I was just trying to get an idea on the lines off the tees and just familiarity with the golf course. All I can say is it's a heck of a golf course. The greens kind of gave me an Oakmont vibe: extremely difficult, extremely undulated.

But I think all 16 out of the 18 greens are all sloped back to front. There's always a run-up on the front. At least it seems a little more fair than Oakmont might look.

You can hold all the greens, even if you don't hit a perfect shot. It's just a difficult course. It's long. It's narrow. It's undulated. You just need to play really good golf.

I'm not shocked that the winning score last time was 5-over par, and if it gets firm like some of the USGA guys told me they want it to be, I don't see how any of us shoot under par, or if we shoot under par it would be somebody winning by a lot.

Q. What were your impressions of Winged Foot yesterday?

JUSTIN THOMAS: It was really hard. I absolutely loved it. It's one of my favorite, if not my favorite courses I've ever played. It's right in front of you. It's not tricked up. It's not -- nothing hidden. It's just you stand on the tee and you're about 490 yards away and you have a really narrow fairway and a pretty severe green. There's a lot of holes like it.

You have holes I think like No. 6 to where it's drivable, if you get the right conditions, but the fairway so narrow that if you miss the fairway, you're grinding to make par, so it is probably the most U.S. Open venue that I've seen. It checks all the boxes. It's long. It's narrow fairways. Going to be long rough and severe greens.
By:
ShannonSpray
When: 15 Sep 20 11:54
Looking at recent form, both JD and Rahm are playing better than everyone else. Both are available to win at 10.5, but interestingly JD is clear favourite in the place markets.

Is the best play simply to back the two of them against the field, whether on the win or place markets?
By:
system99
When: 15 Sep 20 13:28
I am seeing the top of the market as too short, although the saying on the harder tracks "the cream rises" is very true and i have no doubt the big names will be up there on the leaderboard, BUT...

These courses are also an equalizer in a way, in the sense they really are proper hard and absolutely nobody is that good to end up with a few runaway leaders, if you look in years gone by, yes year after year the very best are up there but there is always a good few others mixed into that top 10.
By:
system99
When: 15 Sep 20 13:32
i haven't finalized my team yet but an example in this is BUBBA, proved a few weeks ago his games close and handled a very hard course very well, but he is 240 on the exchange, thats madness imo
By:
system99
When: 15 Sep 20 13:48
and i am not quite sure why people are searching for a course to correlate against, when they played Olympia Fields a couple of weeks ago.
Olympia Fields - A dificult long tree lined course with narrow fairways and hefty rough

winged foot - A dificult long tree lined course with narrow fairways and hefty rough

hmmmm
By:
system99
When: 15 Sep 20 13:58
and yes i realize that ended with a shootout between DJ AND Rahm , but look at the others in the top 10 and the fact that after 3 rounds none of these were more than i think 1 shot off them, a few in front on em...

Joaquin Niemann
Hideki Matsuyama
Tony Finau
Jason Kokrak
Matthew Fitzpatrick
Brendon Todd
Sebastián Muñoz
Lanto Griffin
Mackenzie Hughes
By:
system99
When: 15 Sep 20 15:55
tuesday evening before the US OPEN!!! and seems very little interest/views on this, and on a course the powers that be seem very bullish about...
By:
Hank Hill
When: 15 Sep 20 15:56
Horsfield out for Covid. Ironic Grace is in now after having to miss PGA because of Covid.

Just Hideki and Hughes EW for me before the off.
By:
HeinzGuderian
When: 15 Sep 20 16:27
Bryson Dechambeau £20 32
Justin Rose       £20 80

LoveLove
By:
frames
When: 15 Sep 20 16:43
Incredible that 14 years have passed since Monty filled his trousers in the middle of the 18th fairway , just as incredible why has it taken 14 years to come back here ?
By:
system99
When: 15 Sep 20 16:45
A big outsider bet i decided i am doing months ago for this is Micheal Thompson, when he got his win and being interviewed greenside he was already emotional, then realized the win got him into this and seemed to become a new level of giddy, stating it's his most favorite course in the entire world...
By:
leif
When: 15 Sep 20 18:35
If it's 15 degrees in the mornings and 20 MPH wind gusts, who are we looking at here?

Top 10 possibly looking bereft of the stars and stripes?
By:
titleist
When: 15 Sep 20 19:15

Sep 15, 2020 -- 1:35PM, leif wrote:

If it's 15 degrees in the mornings and 20 MPH wind gusts, who are we looking at here?Top 10 possibly looking bereft of the stars and stripes?

Based on what? Yanks have won 14 of the last 25 Open Championships

By:
leif
When: 15 Sep 20 19:27
It wont suit a lot of the sunshine loving boys, they don't like windy weather and certainly wont like the penile rough and narrow fairways?
By:
system99
When: 15 Sep 20 19:41
HA - Just read this going to be a great 4 days

in 2006 U.S. Open only 344 birdies were made while there were 1,148 bogeys and 170 double bogies.

Laugh
By:
HeinzGuderian
When: 15 Sep 20 22:00

Sep 15, 2020 -- 11:43AM, frames wrote:

Incredible that 14 years have passed since Monty filled his trousers in the middle of the 18th fairway , just as incredible why has it taken 14 years to come back here ?

Fkn diabolical , mate!

By:
leif
When: 15 Sep 20 22:00
love these venues System when the greens are treacherous , it forces players into shaping tee shots which may not suit their natural game and where 'par' is a result on each hole.

If the winner is under par it will be an achievement.

'Hot-heads' will crash and burn.
By:
therhino
When: 15 Sep 20 22:14
DJ far and away the best suited. Loves a US Open. Won at Oakmont which is similar difficulty wise. 2nd at Bethpage in the PGA, another tough Tillinghast design. Excellent form in the New York area. go back and look at the 3rd round at Olympia Fields when it was playing really tough (last day was significantly easier) and check out his proximity to hole vs the field. Has the right temperament, bogeys and double do not rattle him. Best player in the world right now. Everything says DJ. Only question is whether there is a let down after the Fedex.
By:
therhino
When: 15 Sep 20 22:20
DJ aside I see little value at the top. Rahm playing beautifully, Xander great US Open record, Morikawa obvious claims. Would like to see a little more juice in their prices though. Prefer to go down the pile a bit, definitely playing the ponce. Hatton is a guy who can contend. Wolff at bigger odds I find appealing and based on his run at Olympia and being priced in the 200s, Niemann is a walk up start.
By:
Hank Hill
When: 15 Sep 20 22:31
ok had to add one more - c'mon Team Casey
By:
therhino
When: 16 Sep 20 10:23
Beware lads, could be a bit of draw bias in the works this week. Thursday consistent all day but a very windy Friday morning forecast with afternoon starters set to play in far more favourable conditions if the forecast is accurate.

Bad luck to the following: DJ, Bryson, Big Tone, Rahmbo, Xander, Tommy (though his hair will look magnificent flailing in the stiff breeze), Berger.
Good luck: JT, Collin, Rory, Ponce, Tiger, Hideki, Reed, Webb, Cantlay, Day, Hatton, Rose.
By:
system99
When: 16 Sep 20 10:58
I'm surprised you're not touting JT's chances more rhino, I lost my interest in golf during his rise and even though he has had 2 wins this year to me they were kinda uninspiring wins to my eye.
But last week when he clearly had some putting issues was the first time I saw his true class, how he hung around so long was incredible , his short game magical at times which is exactly what he will need here...
By:
therhino
When: 16 Sep 20 11:04
Huge fan but have closely inspected his major record since his PGA win and it is pedestrian for a player of his standards. 8 majors played since Quail Hollow for him for one top 10 and no top 5's. The weather check has forced a bit of a re think and even though he's on the right side still not looking his direction.
By:
dazmacccccc
When: 16 Sep 20 11:30
i dont see any weather bias at all
By:
therhino
When: 16 Sep 20 11:36
https://www.windfinder.com/forecast/rye_beach
By:
SuckMyBallsHamlin
When: 16 Sep 20 13:11
Love a savage US Open to save 2020, I want to see massive carnage
By:
dazmacccccc
When: 17 Sep 20 07:39
webb,hatton,cantlay,rose and dahmen.good luck all
By:
system99
When: 17 Sep 20 10:45
well couldn't bring myself to back anyone remotely short, just all too skinny imo, so have gone a little left-field and have myself a 22 runner team Tongue Out

10 priced at between 900 and a 1000
10 priced at between 300 and 710 (treble stakes m.Thompson @ 710)

plus bubba and neimann @ 220

Good luck and enjoy!!

FIRST TEE OFF IN 5 MINUTES, GET YER BETS ON!!!!!
By:
therhino
When: 17 Sep 20 10:59
Definitely cheering Thompson and Niemann on with you system, particularly Thompson Excited Hopefully he can stay in it for at least a hole or two.
By:
Total Bosman
When: 17 Sep 20 11:13
71 pars for Harman should do it now.
Page 1 of 19  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 19 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo