Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Deplasterer
16 Apr 20 18:00
| Topic/replies: 5,792 | Blogger: Deplasterer's blog
No spectators

https://www.pgatour.com/news/2020/04/16/pga-tour-schedule-adjustments-2019-2020-fedexcup-season-2020-2021-regular-season-coronavirus.webview.html
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View Pga back June 11th
Show More
Report therhino April 18, 2020 2:55 AM BST
Hard to get too excited until it happens, wouldn't surprise if there is a false start or two coming out of this mess. Golf certainly one of the easiest sports to manage social distancing amongst competitors so that has to help. Assuming all goes well, very happy the Heritage has got a date this year, I love Harbour Town.
Report drive for show putt for dough April 18, 2020 11:38 AM BST
It will be interested to see who turns up at the start
Report Total Bosman May 4, 2020 3:49 PM BST
Hello chaps, hope everyone is well.

Looks like we have our first live golf on the 17th, way ahead of any schedule I was expecting:

https://www.golfchannel.com/news/rory-mcilroy-dustin-johnson-vs-rickie-fowler-matthew-wolff-charity-skins-game-seminole-golf

Nothing too exciting to look forward to but good news nonetheless, I imagine they are treating this as a first test event for broadcasting etc with social distancing in place so probably an important first step towards getting the tour back.  At first I thought June was ridiculous but you never know - I'm thinking even if we're not back to full tour action in June it won't be as long as I expected and in the meantime these smaller localised events will keep coming to keep up the interest- even if travel & testing are issues for the full tour you could easily have a fairly elite mini-tournament just with guys currently hanging around Florida.

Big opportunity for golf if it can get back safely before other sports - big viewing figures you'd imagine for the first mainstream sport to return. Might even contribute to a shot in the arm for liquidity on here!
Report therhino May 7, 2020 8:07 AM BST
How are you TB? Hope all the forumites doing well particularly as most are UK based - we've been pretty lucky in Oz thus far and remain relatively safe, though in Victoria we still can't play golf as the Premier is flying solo and not going with the rest of the country so we have a harsher lockdown.

Hoping the tour comes back without issue and yes liquidity could be fantastic, wouldn't that be great Excited

Be very keen to see how the players fare without fans keeping them from going OOB and then finding their ball for them. Could see some interesting betting opportunities, I don't think it will be the same game. Mentalities will be different as well, some who struggle with pressure may flourish while others may struggle without the crowd energy to feed off. Brooks for example is generally bad enough in a regular event, throw in no crowds and he might not be stuffed to break 80.
Report Deplasterer May 7, 2020 10:41 AM BST
Yep, liquidity will go thru the roof, those Belarus football games are getting around 1.5mil matched per game on average! Could be looking at major type liquidity on these early events, providing most of the big names show up, which no doubt most will.

Australia/NZ have done well so far, surprising being so close to China.
Report Total Bosman May 17, 2020 8:39 PM BST
Nice to have a little bit of golf back on a Sunday night, even if it's not prime betting material, especially with the final hole counting for such a big chunk.

I'm good Rhino, glad you guys have stayed pretty safe down under, good while til we get back to normal here but when you gamble for a living a lockdown isn't exactly a huge lifestyle change!  I've enjoyed the break actually, not had a break of this length since I started betting seriously, been nice to get a proper chunk of time to look at other projects and things.

Looking more and more to me like Colonial is go, would be much earlier than I expected but the tour seems to have a solid enough plan.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com