Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
drive for show putt for dough
13 Mar 20 17:14
| Topic/replies: 1,214 | Blogger: drive for show putt for dough's blog
This year's Masters at Augusta has been postponed due to the coronavirus, tournament organisers have announced.
Pause Switch to Standard View The Masters - Postponed
Show More
Report tobermory March 13, 2020 3:45 PM GMT
"We hope this puts us in the best position to safely host the Masters Tournament and our amateur events at some later date," said Fred Ridley, chairman of Augusta National.

It is the Masters' first postponement since World War II, which stopped the tournament in 1943, 1944 and 1945.

Earlier on Friday the PGA Tour cancelled the Players Championship and stopped play on the circuit until after the Valero Texas Open, which was scheduled to end on 5 April - the day before Masters week would have begun.

There is therefore no golf scheduled on the PGA Tour until the RBC Heritage on 16 April, with the European Tour's next event set to be the Andalucia Open on 30 April. The first ladies major of the year - the ANA Inspiration - was also called off on Friday.
Report ian merseyside March 13, 2020 5:19 PM GMT
Are there any free weeks for The Masters to be rescheduled?  I would guess that another event would have to be cancelled to stage The Masters.
Report Hank Hill March 13, 2020 11:27 PM GMT
It's going to be very hard to reschedule imo with it being Ryder cup year too
Report drive for show putt for dough March 14, 2020 12:11 AM GMT
If they are able to get playing again this year and the masters want to host the event then it will take place. I am sure they will liaise with the PGA tour but they are a separate entity and could host the event whenever they wanted to. Not beyond the realms of possibility that it goes up against a PGA tour event as its a limited field.
Report drive for show putt for dough March 14, 2020 12:11 AM GMT
If they are able to get playing again this year and the masters want to host the event then it will take place. I am sure they will liaise with the PGA tour but they are a separate entity and could host the event whenever they wanted to. Not beyond the realms of possibility that it goes up against a PGA tour event as its a limited field.
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B March 14, 2020 7:45 AM GMT
You can say that again!
Report therhino March 14, 2020 9:44 PM GMT
Why has the market not been voided?
Report dave1357 March 16, 2020 2:41 PM GMT
I seem to remember reading a while ago that the local micro-climate at Augusta meant that Spring was the only time that the course could be in prime condition.  Maybe agronomy has moved on since then but playing in Autumn seems a stretch?
Report kincsem March 17, 2020 7:16 PM GMT
Above post.
I have it in the back of my mind that Augusta has bentgrass greens for the Masters but reseeds the greens for the summer with bermuda grass as it is the only seed to survive the summer temperatures.
Report xmoneyx April 4, 2020 1:21 AM BST
if one major cancelled ALL majors need cancelled

only fair for history books
Report Mighty Whites 2008 April 4, 2020 4:24 PM BST
why?

surely one major is better than none, two better than one etc
Report drive for show putt for dough April 6, 2020 4:31 PM BST
Rescheduled for November

US Open the week before the ryder cup

PGA in August

The Open canned
Post Your Reply