Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
drive for show putt for dough
28 Oct 19 20:57
| Topic/replies: 1,262 | Blogger: drive for show putt for dough's blog
Is this the weakest field ever for a PGA Tour event?
Pause Switch to Standard View Bermuda Championship
Show More
Report Catch Me ifyoucan October 28, 2019 8:56 PM GMT
Yeah man...….....It's an 'opposite' event on the PGA TOUR this week.

The inaugural staging of a new tournament in Bermuda...$3 million prize money...from Port Royal GC, Southampton Parish, Bermuda, 6,842 yards, par 71. The short course was designed by Robert Trent Jones and will be somewhat familiar having staged the Grand Slam of Golf from 2009-2014.

Russell Knox, Lanto Griffin, Alex Noren, Aaron Wise, Denny McCarthy, Scottie Scheffler, Branden Grace top the list.
Report Mighty Whites 2008 October 29, 2019 10:13 AM GMT
Tend to agree with op here it is a very weak field.

Didnt expect to see Joey Sindelar, Gary Nicklaus and Carlos Franco tee it up again on the pga tour. Some omplete blasts from the past asyou work your way down the entry list.
Report Total Bosman October 29, 2019 1:03 PM GMT
You don't get much of a field for $3 million these days although I'd have thought we'd see a few more enticed by a weekend in the sun and a chance to lock up the card early doors.  Got to question the wisdom of attempting an opposite field event against an already pretty weak WGC at a time of year guys are winding down. 

And maybe time to look at how they rank the qualification categories, plenty of young Korn Ferry level guys twiddling their thumbs at this time of year who'd put on a better show than the semi-retired guys at the bottom of the list.
Report Mighty Whites 2008 October 29, 2019 2:10 PM GMT
I suppose the argument would be that the korn ferry guys had their chance to earn a tour card but couldn't manage to get the job done.

Surprised they didn't have this event next week when it is a blank week.

Guys on the european tour would kill for events with a $3 million purse!
Report Total Bosman October 29, 2019 3:56 PM GMT
Scary thing is, on the PGA tour 3 million doesn't even come close to getting you a week to yourself - even Sanderson Farms was 6.6, so I'm guessing that's why it's had to go in as an opposite event rather than the more obvious choice of putting it next week when there's nothing else on.
Report Mighty Whites 2008 October 29, 2019 4:54 PM GMT
Sindelar out Guy Boros in
Report StillLearning October 29, 2019 7:29 PM GMT
I'll play. Where do I sign up?
Report Hank Hill October 30, 2019 2:30 PM GMT
That's it. I'm not watching now Sindelar is out.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan October 30, 2019 10:46 PM GMT
Laugh

OUT
Keith Clearwater
Joey Sindelar
IN
Guy Boros (alternate)
Stephan Jaeger (alternate; via the 151-200 category in 2018-19 FedExCup points, the last level of status for alternates)
Report drive for show putt for dough November 3, 2019 1:44 PM GMT
Well Harry Higgs was a bit all over the place yesterday the shank was rather impressive but has opened up a nice lead.

Not sure id be rushing to back at the price he is given what i saw yesterday but if he keeps getting it up and down glory awaits
Report Total Bosman November 3, 2019 3:16 PM GMT
Wind seems to be a good deal calmer than we've seen the rest of the week so could see some very low scoring today, could be some big charges for Harry to fend off.
Report drive for show putt for dough November 3, 2019 4:07 PM GMT
Gay looking ominous
Report drive for show putt for dough November 3, 2019 4:08 PM GMT
good to see the elephant man John Merrick making a cheque
Report Total Bosman November 3, 2019 5:32 PM GMT
Todd going nuts.
Report drive for show putt for dough November 3, 2019 5:42 PM GMT
Its a funny old game. Todd been so bad in recent years he couldn't get a game on the web.com then along comes this week and what a front nine!
Report drive for show putt for dough November 3, 2019 5:45 PM GMT
time for the winner without todd market
Report Total Bosman November 3, 2019 5:47 PM GMT
Todd's complete loss of his game from 2016-2018 was one of the most spectacular I can remember.  Whatever work he's done to get back to this point hats off to him.
Report drive for show putt for dough November 3, 2019 6:41 PM GMT
battle for second is wide open
Report Catch Me ifyoucan November 3, 2019 10:41 PM GMT
1 Brendon Todd -24
2 Harry Higgs -20
T3 Hank Lebioda -18
T3 Aaron Wise
T3 Brian Gay
T3 Scottie Scheffler
7 Fabián Gómez -17
T8 David Hearn -15
T8 Wes Roach
T8 Ryan Armour

OWGR #525 TODD (2nd-round tri-leader) shot a career-low 9-under-par-62 in the final round of the inaugural Bermuda Championship.....
THE COMEBACK KID - it's the 34-year-old Korn Ferry Tour graduate's second TOUR title in 177 events, since winning the 2014 Byron Nelson at TPC Four Seasons Las Colinas exactly 100 starts ago. He was ranked 136th in the world at the time, and eventually finished a career-best 27th in the 2014 FedEx Cup standings.

This is his first time inside the T10 since the 2015 Greenbrier (68 starts ago, where he finished T6) and his most recent of 12 top-10 finishes. (Also a two-time winner on the Web Tour). He ended the 2015 calendar year ranked 80th in the OWGR and one year later he was down at 505th. Todd was once known as a steady cut maker on the PGA TOUR but he went through a three-year stretch of missing 37-of-41 cuts worldwide from 2016 to 2018. (Down to a low World #2043 by August 2018).

A T28 in Houston three weeks ago, the Pittsburgh native opened here with 68, a then-career-tying-low 63 (as in 2015 BMW Championship at Conway Farms) and followed with a 67.
Then Brendon went "nuts" today with 10 birdies - highlighted by seven in a row and nine in a 10-hole stretch - hitting 12 (of 14) fairways and 16 greens in regulation and an inconsequential bogey on 18. The Georgia Bulldog alum totalled 27 birdies for the week, No.1 in that stat, versus two bogeys.

After losing his card in 2016 he played the 2016-17 season on Past Champion status. On the bright side his short game remained top 20 in the world during the slump and he is now exempt through the 2021-2022 season, half a million dollars richer and this win should lift him back inside the top 200 in the world.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com