Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
frames
02 Aug 19 11:45
| Topic/replies: 12,112 | Blogger: frames's blog
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/golf/2019/08/01/thorbjorn-olesen-arrested-suspicion-sexual-assault-female-plane/
Pause Switch to Standard View Thorbjorn Olesen.
Show More
Report Total Bosman August 2, 2019 12:36 PM BST
Going to be a very costly night on the booze.  Can't imagine we'll see him on the course for a while, and some pretty serious charges for the police to investigate.  Ian Brown got the jail for losing it on a plane, and that's without the sexual assault.
Report xmoneyx August 2, 2019 2:48 PM BST
basicly career over if guilty as charged
Report Total Bosman August 2, 2019 3:04 PM BST
No doubt we'll get lots of contrition and a spell in rehab but you'd have to say a sexual assault conviction would be hard to come back from.  What a stupid way to ruin everything for yourself.
Report Hank Hill August 2, 2019 8:32 PM BST
Horrendous if true.
Report sofiakenny August 2, 2019 10:09 PM BST
Happens every day on flights from Glasgow with low cost carriers..usually heading for warm Eastern Europe destinations
Report Kelly August 4, 2019 9:36 AM BST
Bonkers behaviour if true .
Report Total Bosman August 7, 2019 1:34 PM BST
Charged with sexual assault, common assault, and being drunk on an aircraft.  At least he can afford a good lawyer, but if there's a plane full of witnesses he's in an awful lot of trouble.
Report frames August 7, 2019 5:07 PM BST
The rich and famous also like the payoff route where there is one.I would guess plenty of cameras on a plane as well.
I see the Euro tour have suspended him until after the court case ,what happened to presumed innocent until......?
Report Catch Me ifyoucan August 7, 2019 5:31 PM BST
Olesen has been suspended from the European Tour until the outcome of his trial after being accused of sexual assault on a recent plane ride home to London.

The Dane made headlines in the wrong way last week during his plane ride home from the WGC-FedEx St. Jude Invitational. That were reports of harassment, sexual assault, and public urination during the flight. As reported by TV 2 SPORT, Olesen is due in court for this matter on August 21st. That is the day before the Scandanavian Invitation which he was scheduled to play in. Olesen is still listed in the field at press time but it's unlikely that he remains committed. Of course, that may be a moot point anyway if the outcome of the trial leads to an extension of his current short-term suspension laid down by the European Tour.
Report saxon farm August 7, 2019 6:31 PM BST
I agree with frames. Mind you I’d have self excluded for the time being.
Report Total Bosman August 8, 2019 12:04 PM BST
Sure the Euro Tour know what they're doing and they'll have a watertight policy for this sort of situation.  They may well have seen more evidence than the public have - in this day and age anything approaching his alleged behaviour and at least half the passengers have it all on their mobile phones, and if so all the money and lawyers in the world aren't getting you off the hook.

If so the only way to save his reputation even slightly would be to plead guilty and take his medicine rather than have all the lurid details and all the footage come out in a court full of journalists.
Report therhino August 8, 2019 12:28 PM BST
There may be a presumption of innocence if he denies the allegations. Been no sign of a denial so have to suspend him. Very bizarre incident.
Report Mighty Whites 2008 August 8, 2019 1:06 PM BST
In fairness there are many professions where if you were charged with such offences you would then be suspended from work.

Could be looking at some jail time here not to mention the problems that will come with travelling around the world with a set of convictions.
Report Insideshrewdie August 9, 2019 9:40 AM BST
Very bizarre totally agreed.
Cue....claims of bad reaction to some sort of medication...
drinking on an empty head methinks though
Report frames August 21, 2019 2:59 PM BST
Pleads not guilty to all charges ,back mid-September.Sky had the camera's outside court today.
Report Total Bosman August 22, 2019 12:43 PM BST
Strange old story, I guess if he's pleading not guilty we'll get all the gory details in court.  Odd to see a not guilty plea to everything, even the drunk part, if he did it there's a planeful of witnesses with cameras, if he didn't do any of it what's it doing in court?  But innocent until proven guilty I suppose.
Report Puggy4 August 22, 2019 2:41 PM BST
No planeful of witnesses, was in First Class with Poulter (who said he was asleep) so maybe no-one else or a small few witnessed the incident.
Report Total Bosman August 22, 2019 4:55 PM BST
Yeah, very convenient that Poulter was fast asleep while his mate was on the rampage, didn't see nuffink guv.  I guess if you were blackout drunk you can't plead guilty to things if you can't remember if you did them or not, good luck with the drunk on a plane charge though.
Report ashleigh September 18, 2019 7:26 PM BST
in court today with no pleas entered, plea hearing due to be held on december 13th.trial date set for may 11th next year.
remains suspended from the european tour while the case continues.
Report Total Bosman September 19, 2019 12:11 PM BST
If you thought golf was slow, meet the British justice system.  That was his second trip to court and all they did was fix the date for a hearing in 3 months to hear pleas before a full trial in 9?  Will the Euro Tour keep him banned?  Long time to go without your living on an as-yet-unproven charge.
Report Insideshrewdie September 20, 2019 6:29 AM BST
TO defence is to be bad reaction to medication........
Report frames September 22, 2019 10:38 AM BST
Euro tour will keep him banned ,best part of a year out by the time it goes to trial.No doubt the tour have all players signed up for such a ban ,they would not be daft enough to face a loss of earnings case should he be found not guilty ,would they ?
Report ashleigh December 13, 2019 11:25 AM GMT
today, Olesen pleaded not guilty to the charges against him.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com