Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
frames
02 Aug 19 11:44
| Topic/replies: 12,112 | Blogger: frames's blog
RIP.
Passed away hours before his tee time at Senior PGA ,heard him commentate a few times on radio ,funny man.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/golf/2019/08/01/sir-nick-faldo-leads-tributes-gordon-brand-jnr-dies-aged-60/
Pause Switch to Standard View Gordon J Brand.
Show More
Report trebor August 2, 2019 12:27 PM BST
Was shocked last night when they announced it during the golf, still am this morning, known Gordon since Junior golfing days, wicked sense of humour which probably cost him his Walker Cup place, even though he was the best amateur around at the time.
Was no surprise when he won 2 tournaments in his first season on tour, worked unbelievably hard on his game in those early years.

Wow how time passes so quick.   RIP Gordon.
Report xmoneyx August 2, 2019 2:49 PM BST
60 too young Sad
Report grayhawk August 4, 2019 7:16 PM BST
Frames...you've got your golfers mixed up
Report frames August 5, 2019 8:10 AM BST
You are correct Grayhawk ,apologies.Not sure why I typed G J instead of Jnr.
Report grayhawk August 7, 2019 10:26 AM BST
No bother mate...easy mistake to make
Report xmoneyx August 7, 2019 1:09 PM BST
gord changed his name to jr because of this ExcitedWink
Report Do wah Diddy August 7, 2019 10:36 PM BST
I remember following him round at royal Lytham and st Anne's in 2001.
I had backed him before but never seen him up till this open
I backed him in a three ball which he won.
He  and his caddy made me laugh they looked like they had been on the beer all night .both looked like rough they had not combed their hair one looked like he had a rod Stewart haircut that had gone wrong .I remember Gordon taking his cigarette out of his mouth and giving it his caddy to hold while he played his shot .I thought he's my kind of man
R. I. P.  Fond memories of him and his caddy
Report trebor August 7, 2019 11:38 PM BST
He was called Jnr because his fathers name was also Gordon Brand, and was the Pro at Knowle GC in Bristol, Gordon Brand Snr as he was known played football for one of the bigger Scottish clubs (forget which one) before becoming a golf Pro himself.

I played a fair bit of golf with Gordon in the 80's and played with him for his first two professional rounds of golf, which was the West Region Assistants Championship at St Pierre, Chepstow. Did not know he had turned Pro and was playing that day until seeing him at the club, I said something like "what are you doing here?" but as I said it I realised why, and that all our chances of winning had just reduced dramatically, which he picked up on from my expression no doubt and with his normal quick wit replied " don't worry you will still get to sign the winning card" ...... and I did  Sad
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com