Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
therhino
20 May 19 11:27
| Topic/replies: 22,059 | Blogger: therhino's blog
Very pleasant surprise opening the market up and seeing the player list, organisers must be thrilled. Not competing with Wentworth a bonus but all these names the week after a major is a brilliant result. Should be a great watch.

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 4  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 150
By:
DickTurpin
When: 21 May 19 18:33
Charles Schwab Selections :-

J Speith @16.5
P Casey @29
R Sabbatini @85

GL to all................
By:
f1sh
When: 21 May 19 22:06
Xander
Niemann e/w
Good Luck all
By:
f1sh
When: 21 May 19 22:10
Forgot to add Ancer e/w
By:
Can't Catch Me
When: 22 May 19 11:48
Fantastic field on a great track... this will no doubt be better than last week.

Team of five for me:

Rose 13
Casey 27
Piercy 60
Reavie 75
Lee 100
By:
Jack_Kray
When: 22 May 19 12:46
Comments on the PGA Tour site are suggesting a draw bias due to bad weather, but don't say who it might favour, early/late or late/early.

Anyone heard anything?
By:
therhino
When: 22 May 19 15:05
Had a look on windfinder for Fort Worth Jack, looks very windy throughout all 4 days from start to finish. Hard to pick an advantage there unless they're meaning either side could get lucky?
By:
therhino
When: 23 May 19 11:36
Market at 100% even. Never seen that on the golf.
By:
therhino
When: 23 May 19 11:48
Gone for Rahm of the market leaders and playing a few in the mid range - Slovak Rory, Ancer, Berger and couldn't resist ole mate Burns at 280
By:
Total Bosman
When: 23 May 19 13:03
Really is surprising to see such a strong field given the place on the schedule but with the field and what looks like a fair bit of breeze should be an interesting one.  After the last couple of weeks just nice to see some trees.
By:
Total Bosman
When: 23 May 19 13:11
Joined the Bratislava bandwagon at 100 and a flyer on Ghim.
By:
therhino
When: 23 May 19 14:51
Jordan might've been a bit quick on the trigger declaring his troubles over, looks ordinary so far.
By:
Total Bosman
When: 23 May 19 15:05
Not half as ordinary as Bryson and Rickie.  Proper golf, this.
By:
Total Bosman
When: 23 May 19 15:06
The chip ins are definitely back.
By:
lewisham ranger
When: 23 May 19 15:10
typical spiffy round, hit it all over the shop and one under through four Scared
By:
therhino
When: 23 May 19 15:39
If it defies all logic that he's -2 given the overall tee to green play then he very well could be back...
By:
therhino
When: 23 May 19 15:41
Ominous.
By:
lewisham ranger
When: 23 May 19 15:43
yes, looking gd spiffy back to his best Cool
By:
Total Bosman
When: 23 May 19 15:49
Very promising, although Thursdays haven't really been the big problem.
By:
Total Bosman
When: 23 May 19 15:51
And good to see signs of a Dufner revival too.
By:
Total Bosman
When: 23 May 19 16:01
HE'S BACK.
By:
therhino
When: 23 May 19 16:02
Jesus. We know the next major venue is right up his street as well, a win here would throw the US Open market into a spin.
By:
lewisham ranger
When: 23 May 19 16:05
a win here would throw the US Open market into a spin.

I think you'd have to start Koepka fav whatever happens beforehand, based on recent history, but I do think spiffy will win a us open at pebble beach before he's done. his game is made for the place.
By:
therhino
When: 23 May 19 16:11
Maybe, certainly deserves to be. But punters love certain players and for whatever reason he just doesn't seem to resonate, at least not yet. Throw in the question about course suitability and his lack of history there and who knows, we could see a ton of money for Spieth and DJ. We have Memorial next week as well, so if Tiger finds his old mojo there the supply of backers cash will be endless.
By:
Total Bosman
When: 23 May 19 16:12
Hopefully we at least get to see Jordan in serious contention come Sunday.  After all the struggles and knocks on his confidence will the old killer instinct be there or will there be wobbles?
By:
Total Bosman
When: 23 May 19 16:14
One of the more spectacular forum jinxes I've ever seen.
By:
therhino
When: 23 May 19 16:14
Might've jumped the gun a bit...
By:
therhino
When: 23 May 19 16:17
An outstanding collective effort TB.
By:
Total Bosman
When: 23 May 19 16:18
From 130 out in the fairway that's beyond shocking.
By:
lewisham ranger
When: 23 May 19 16:23
never a dull moment with spiffy these days Cry
By:
lewisham ranger
When: 23 May 19 16:27
yeah I doubt at the moment people will warm to brooks, maybe later in his career.

perhaps at the moment people dislike him more than like him, because they love to cheer for the underdog, hence the booing last weekend. and I feel that just motivates him more.
By:
lewisham ranger
When: 23 May 19 16:28
horrendous round for fowler so far. not exactly peaking.
By:
lewisham ranger
When: 23 May 19 16:42
I think that ninth hole is a good example of why it would be dangerous to lump on Spieth too heavily for the us open... good reset there at the par five, but in the us open at pebble beach there would be a lot of trouble out there and if it unravels it could do so very quickly...
By:
Total Bosman
When: 23 May 19 16:56
Agree LR, I was surprised he did so well at Bethpage but I guess one of the things there was that on a lot of holes 1 yard off the fairway was as bad as 20 yards off, whereas at Pebble his routine big misses are going in the sea.
By:
sofiakenny
When: 23 May 19 17:02
Spiffy has texas wedge woes sorted.
By:
Total Bosman
When: 23 May 19 17:24
Putting the best it's been for a good while.   The bombs you half expect but the 4-5 footers much more solid than they've been.
By:
lewisham ranger
When: 23 May 19 17:30
whereas at Pebble his routine big misses are going in the sea.

yeah. but I guess his ball striking is already a lot better than it was a couple of months ago, so who knows.

backed rahm, Spieth and fowler before the round.

was mentally debating backing finau and casey. decided against it. too late to swap rick for big tone? Sad

a lot of my punting is unimaginative, I seem to get stuck with the same old names... Spieth, fowler. used to back reed a lot but he's off the radar these days. I wonder how many bookmaker holidays rickie has paid for over the years. very popular player who doesn't win much. at least Jordan won a fair bit back in the day.

although as you can imagine I haven't collected a lot on Jordan much either recently Laugh
By:
Total Bosman
When: 23 May 19 17:36
If you think bookies have done well out of Rickie how much have they made off big Tony the last couple of years?  1 opposite field event 3 years ago for a player of his quality.  He has to win at some point surely?
By:
lewisham ranger
When: 23 May 19 17:51
yeah. terrible strike rate. be interesting to see how he fairs with the pressure. probably quite well, given how often he's been in contention of late.

most golfers have a terrible strike rate compared to what their odds generally are and it's not just tony. no wonder the bookies clean up. only betfair prices are edging towards normality and fairness. that's why I think golf punters need to think more about strike rate. look at brooks, 3 wins in his last seven majors and sent off 11-1 for the pga, seems too big in hindsight.

are we seriously only going to see 15 mins of this on the main channel before they edge over to the granddads?
By:
lewisham ranger
When: 23 May 19 17:52
*fares with the pressure
Page 1 of 4  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo