Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Hank Hill
06 May 19 20:14
| Topic/replies: 17,073 | Blogger: Hank Hill's blog
Back to Texas before the PGA and am surprised to see Garcia is not teeing up. Anyone know why? 2 time winner here and has a place in Texas now. A good result at Wells Fargo, and I would have thought he would want to continue his form before the PGA. We've seen a few signs of life in Spieth, but certainly not to back at this price imo.  As much as I like Koepka I wouldn't want to back single odds before a major either. I can see a mid range player coming through such as Mexican/Texan Ancer or Mitchell.

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 4  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 142
By:
Mighty Whites 2008
When: 06 May 19 21:39
I see a blast from the past - Margaret monday qualified
By:
therhino
When: 08 May 19 13:21
Complete minefield and one best to avoid imo before the off but for interests sake, a little nibble on Grace and that is it.
By:
DickTurpin
When: 08 May 19 14:59
2019 Byron Nelson Guesses :-

J Spieth @27
R Palmer @80
W Clark @190
T Merritt @200

GL all...............
By:
equine flew
When: 08 May 19 15:14
Never underestimate the Texans in Texas.... Justin Leonard for me.
By:
therhino
When: 09 May 19 13:17
393 yard par 4 with a fairway that covers half the metro area of Dallas and Branden makes bogey to start. A bit of purchase regret here.
By:
Hank Hill
When: 09 May 19 13:58
Nice to see the weather has been updated from t'storms to showers next couple of days
By:
Total Bosman
When: 09 May 19 14:04
Few weeks ago I had Ryder hit a few shots then chuck it, now Trahan's done the same to me.  Only a tenner but come on guys, don't take a spot if you're going to play two holes.
By:
Hank Hill
When: 09 May 19 14:37
Even Jordan shouldn't be missing these fways. Have to say it's weird to see Slovakian flag next to saba on the leaderboard
By:
Total Bosman
When: 09 May 19 14:38
At least Leish has the decency to let someone else in.
By:
Hank Hill
When: 09 May 19 14:39
What's up with Leish?
By:
Total Bosman
When: 09 May 19 14:43
Back injury.
By:
Total Bosman
When: 09 May 19 15:01
I just don't get this track.  Know it's meant to be "inland links" but seems to provide a very limited test.
By:
Hank Hill
When: 09 May 19 15:08
Needs to be dry and windy doesn't it? Unfortunately going to be wet, not sure if the wind will blow
By:
Total Bosman
When: 09 May 19 15:15
Breeziest it'll be all week looks this afternoon.  I get what they're trying to do I guess but it's all just a bit meh, like they're playing 18 at Harbor Town over and over.
By:
therhino
When: 09 May 19 15:47
How do you compare this to Harbour Town?
By:
therhino
When: 09 May 19 15:54
Back 9 much harder, and Koepka has finished in -3. Ominous.
By:
Total Bosman
When: 09 May 19 16:06
The only comparison to Harbour Town is the 18th with the unmissable fairway really giving them a free shot, which is a fine hole after the rest of it has been so tight, but a whole course worth of that sort of thing like you get here ain't up to much.
By:
Total Bosman
When: 09 May 19 16:22
Highly ominous
By:
therhino
When: 09 May 19 16:23
Yeah misinterpreted your original statement TB. Thought you meant the whole 18 which didn't make much sense.

This course really is perfectly fine as a nice course built for Average Joe to get to experience an immaculate conditioned course and have a fun day out without getting beat up. Doesn't belong on the PGA Tour though.
By:
therhino
When: 09 May 19 16:24
Laid some Spieth so go berserk Brooks.
By:
lewisham ranger
When: 09 May 19 16:31
clearly i'll have to revise my opinion of Koepka, and that last year was a bit of an outlier for him.

fifty majors it is then Crazy
By:
lewisham ranger
When: 09 May 19 16:32
brooks to win the pga by twenty shots?! Crazy
By:
Total Bosman
When: 09 May 19 16:34
Yeah, nail on the head Rhino, nice course for folk living in Texas to get something a bit linksy without flying thousands of miles but it's just not the all-round test these boys need.  Not sure how much good it'll really do as prep for next week.
By:
therhino
When: 09 May 19 16:39
None whatsoever TB. Same as San Antonio. Canada for a US Open not much chop either.

Only proper warm up tourney now is Scotland. Gotta get Houston back one day.
By:
therhino
When: 09 May 19 16:43
Birdies builds confidence though, would be the only saving grace. Remember Els a few years ago saying Castle Stuart was the best week before venue ever. Got them ready for The Open and hitting the shots they need the following week but the more gentle layout allowed lots if circles on the card which got the confidence up for the main event.
By:
Total Bosman
When: 09 May 19 16:49
Yeah, I suppose this is a nice, gentle warm-up.  The biggest defence the course has against someone like Brooks might be boredom.
By:
DickTurpin
When: 09 May 19 18:24
Added Brooks @5...........

2019 Byron Nelson Guesses :-

J Spieth @27
R Palmer @80
W Clark @190
T Merritt @200

B Koepka @5

GL all...............
By:
lewisham ranger
When: 09 May 19 19:16
50-1 for Spieth for the pga on here seems a bit nuts to me. isn't he going for the grand slam? also the sort of player who can turn it on at any moment.
By:
Total Bosman
When: 09 May 19 19:31
4 days of unmissable fairways might be what he needs to start building confidence.  But it's now 1 top ten in the last 12 months, that's truly shocking.
By:
lewisham ranger
When: 09 May 19 19:42
"truly shocking" depends how you view it. in interviews he regards it as a building process. maybe he's building towards something big, who knows?

just 50-1 about a player as ambitious as Jordan seems a bit dangerous to me.
By:
lewisham ranger
When: 09 May 19 19:44
and in last few months there have been more positive signs. just that he's won three majors, and has a huge incentive to win his fourth as will complete the career grand slam, and is yet much bigger on here than some players who have never even won a major..

if you look at the bigger picture, 50-1 seems too big.
By:
lewisham ranger
When: 09 May 19 19:47
Xander Schauffele
-£50.00
£90
£106
£474
£439
£35
£104

Jordan Spieth
£2,327.50

he's come in a bit since I backed him earlier. still, longer than xander feels plain wrong to me.
By:
Mighty Whites 2008
When: 09 May 19 19:56
The way Jordan has been driving it this last twelve months I can't think of a worse course than Bethpage Black for him.

I would be surprised if he made the cut next week.

He is free falling down the world rankings
By:
Total Bosman
When: 09 May 19 19:58
I mean truly shocking in a completely literal sense.  If you'd said 12 months ago Jordan was only going to have 1 top ten in the next year, you'd have been shocked, right?

I'll concede at 50 it's a perfectly reasonable bet and like you say there are better signs recently to justify it.  Don't agree with the Schauffele example though as for me he's absolutely trending towards a major soon, guy is an absolute player.  If you want to argue Jordan should be shorter than, say, Finau because Tony is pure mush in contention then fair enough but X is top notch.
By:
lewisham ranger
When: 09 May 19 20:05
to be honest I don't really look at top tens, it's all about wins for these guys. but yes having consistency is a big part of that.

anyway Spieth has driven the ball much better today, ok wide fairways but has looked good over the ball, completely disagree with you there mighty mate.

and as for xander "trending towards a major" surely you can say that about a dozen players, Bryson, rahm, Fleetwood, fowler spring to mind as well as many others. they can't all win one soon Wink
By:
lewisham ranger
When: 09 May 19 20:15
that Spieth putting stroke on the last hole looked awfully good. Cool
By:
Mighty Whites 2008
When: 09 May 19 20:22
Spieth is 210 out of 213 on the PGA tour this year for driving accuracy this year.

Bethpage is a beast if you hit the fairways, absolutely no hope if your are crooked.
By:
lewisham ranger
When: 09 May 19 20:24
and he's back in the junk again.Cry

you might be right mighty Sad
By:
lewisham ranger
When: 09 May 19 20:29
Bethpage is a beast if you hit the fairways, absolutely no hope if your are crooked.

yer I also backed rory earlier. also like Fleetwood, accurate off the tee (for the most part)

what about tiger, could his strategic approach pay off around there? or will he have a dip after the masters? ( I guess silly question, as tiger doesn't do let-downs.)

big cat seems to be driving it much more straighter these days.
Page 1 of 4  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com