Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
therhino
30 Apr 19 09:21
| Topic/replies: 22,361 | Blogger: therhino's blog
Was expecting a better turn out for this. Quail Hollow and then a week off sounds like pretty good prep for Bethpage Black especially seeing as there is some correlation with results at both. Bombers only need apply here and I'm looking mainly at Rory and Day which makes me a bit Captain Obvious Blush

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 4  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 136
By:
DickTurpin
When: 30 Apr 19 19:19
2019 Wells Fargo Picks :-

J Day @14
L List @95
K Mitchell @100
W Clark @240

GL all...............
By:
lewisham ranger
When: 30 Apr 19 22:00
rory not be as effective here since the course changes and the price doesn't particularly appeal, and I feel he will already have one eye on the pga

gone for finau and casey
By:
Jack Hacksaw
When: 01 May 19 10:21
Seamus Power.

Full bank at 440.0.Laugh

Actually, on places mainly.
By:
Total Bosman
When: 01 May 19 17:15
Think the tournaments around this time of year are really going to feel this pinch in the condensed schedule, so this is probably as good a field as they could have hoped for. Next week's could potentially be awful. That said, really weird JT isn't playing, I've seen no word of an injury but you'd think he'd definitely want to return to the site of his major win for some good vibes two weeks out from another PGA.
By:
therhino
When: 02 May 19 09:31
I was surprised at JT as well, have read it isn't a schedule thing for him though he apparently has a wrist injury and is taking this off as a precaution.
By:
therhino
When: 02 May 19 09:36
AT&T website has a field up and it's ordinary - Koepka, Matsy and then has the look of a fall series event.

Given the three weeks before the PGA are New Orleans, this and AT&T I really thought we'd have a mini-major field this week.
By:
therhino
When: 02 May 19 12:58
Some ordinary stuff from marquee groups to start. Casey continuing his fine Augusta form right out the gate.
By:
Total Bosman
When: 02 May 19 13:02
Probably tells you that the PGA doesn't quite have the same importance for a lot of them as the other 3 (especially now it's not their last shot of the year) and so they are happy to take time off between Augusta and the PGA rather than try to keep things going, so all these events will suffer.  The way the schedule falls I guess they'll be looking to peak for Augusta (via Sawgrass) then a second peak for the Opens almost making the PGA part of the build up to the other two rather than something they build for in itself.
By:
therhino
When: 02 May 19 13:25
Might be right TB. From a punting perspective I'm gonna miss the Firestone/PGA fortnight, was always the easiest major to do form seeing the winner practically always came in off a top 20 at the Bridgestone.

None of the tourneys leading into majors make any sense as a tune up event (except the Scottish but they can't claim a Euro event). Hopefully they do a little more tinkering.
By:
Total Bosman
When: 02 May 19 14:16
Yeah, the summer schedule doesn't look great to me, like you see a WGC leading into a major was nice but a WGC the week after the final major is the ultimate after the lord mayor's show deal, especially when it's just a rebranded regular tour event.  And the period between the US Open and the Open looks like deadsvillle, although I guess that's at least where the good Euro events take over.
By:
Hank Hill
When: 02 May 19 22:23
Rory looking ominous
By:
therhino
When: 03 May 19 12:22
Just had a look at the Euro schedule. Interesting them putting back Wentworth and France to maximise not competing with the PGA Tour I assume. Quite like that. The Irish into the Scottish/Open fortnight just makes sense. Hopefully they can entice some of the top non-European PGA tour players over at that time of year, would make for some excellent events.
By:
Total Bosman
When: 03 May 19 12:42
OK, so we already know Rory is going to win this, the question is will he keep it interesting?
By:
Total Bosman
When: 03 May 19 12:48
Yes, the Euro tour have done the right thing with Wentworth, taking advantage of the PGA basically giving up on September - it's now the biggest tournament that month so should hopefully get some prestige back, especially leading into Dunhill as well, might tempt a few over who'd normally stay in the US to play them back-to-back.  Hate what they've done to France though, stripping it of the Rolex status and shoving it into a graveyard slot in late October when LGN is one of the best they play.  Should at least be switched with Spain for weather reasons.
By:
therhino
When: 03 May 19 14:58
I was thinking they're banking on the course and being in Paris as enough on it's own to draw a decent field and use the Rolex status to prop up another that struggles to capture the imagination. Hopefully works as out as the course is super.

The Irish being at Lahinch and a Rolex event should be brilliant, here's hoping for a monster field.
By:
therhino
When: 03 May 19 15:01
It's got to be Rory's week when the shots he hates are perfect.
By:
therhino
When: 03 May 19 15:20
Welcome back Duffman.
By:
Hank Hill
When: 03 May 19 16:32
Is it me or is Dahmen very short for a Friday?
By:
therhino
When: 03 May 19 16:41
I wouldn't be backing it Hank.
By:
therhino
When: 03 May 19 16:44
Not the ugliest hole in the world the 7th.
By:
Hank Hill
When: 03 May 19 16:45
wow 6 to lay - can't do any more as am maxed, but damn some players seem to get backed in so much in comparison to what they have done - saying that, Pan absolutely killed me Sad
By:
Total Bosman
When: 03 May 19 17:18
Good old Rory.
By:
therhino
When: 03 May 19 17:19
345 yard par 4 and Rory makes double.
By:
therhino
When: 03 May 19 17:19
Tough 9th to come as well.
By:
par
When: 03 May 19 17:20
Its a matter of time nearly every week with him.
By:
therhino
When: 03 May 19 17:22
Rory my pre-tourney guy but did manage some 20s on Duffman so feel a little conflicted about this turn of events.
By:
Total Bosman
When: 03 May 19 17:29
Fair play if you saw that coming from Duf.
By:
therhino
When: 03 May 19 17:33
Definitely did not, got 20s not 800s... Was before the scoring holes on the back 9 so thought there was something in it, Rory's shenanigans a bonus.
By:
therhino
When: 03 May 19 17:35
Geez
By:
Hank Hill
When: 03 May 19 17:37
wtf is Rory up to now?
By:
therhino
When: 03 May 19 17:37
10 footer for par Hank
By:
Hank Hill
When: 03 May 19 17:38
Could do with low rds from Reed and Day
By:
Total Bosman
When: 03 May 19 17:38
34 holes of excellent golf and suddenly 5 shots back.  Dear me.
By:
therhino
When: 03 May 19 17:44
Bombers paradise and two plodders lead out in front with daylight behind. Gotta love golf, utterly ridiculous game.
By:
Hank Hill
When: 03 May 19 17:54
Was hoping to keep this in my bag for later, but Dahmen looks ominous
By:
Total Bosman
When: 03 May 19 17:57
Desperate times to have to use up an ominous on Dahmen on a Friday.
By:
Hank Hill
When: 03 May 19 17:59
I know right!
By:
therhino
When: 03 May 19 18:01
Playing with fire Hank, matter of time before an ominous becomes an OMINOUS.
By:
Hank Hill
When: 03 May 19 18:03
I'm prepared for a Sunday afternoon OMINOUS if necessary
Page 1 of 4  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo