Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
therhino
25 Apr 19 00:36
| Topic/replies: 21,954 | Blogger: therhino's blog
Some small plays this week for an event that does very little for me and judging by the tiny amount of money matched thus far, no one else cares either.

Still, the faves are far and away the best overall team and the 12s earlier in the week got me in. Backed up by Ancer/Vegas and Stallings/Mullinax.

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 3  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 98
By:
Jack Hacksaw
When: 25 Apr 19 12:34
Holmes/Watson

Elementary.
By:
Total Bosman
When: 25 Apr 19 14:52
Yeah, not captured the imagination of the betting public but nothing wrong with the occasional format change in a crowded season.  Given the place on the schedule this would probably be an awful field but for the format change so probably a good thing overall for the tournament if not for punting, it seems. 

Clark / Trahan pairing has gone from 400 to 50 without a ball being struck, both must be really striping it on the range.
By:
therhino
When: 25 Apr 19 15:27
You involved here TB?
By:
Total Bosman
When: 25 Apr 19 16:49
Not especially, other than rooting hard against Clark and Trahan.
By:
Hank Hill
When: 25 Apr 19 21:35
I'll have a play on this Sunday, can't be arsed before that tbh. Surely that was some fat fingers TB - trying to get a lay in at that price rather than backing all the way down? nice lay if you got a chunk Happy
By:
Total Bosman
When: 25 Apr 19 23:19
Probably the right approach Hank, realistically the foursomes are the only interesting part.  Know they couldn't have four days of foursomes or no-one would show but a format where the biggest trainwreck you'll see is a couple of pars on a par 5 isn't really getting the juices flowing.
By:
lewisham ranger
When: 26 Apr 19 01:02
know what people mean about it being a bit of a lottery, but find this quite interesting in a perverse sort of way.

not sure if you are a bit behind that means you are out of it either. recall pondering whether or not to back Horschel-piercy pairing before round three, they were 100-1 at the time, had a feeling about them, but thought oh no they're too far behind they can't win.

they shot 11 under that day and the last two rounds were exquisitely painful Cry
By:
Total Bosman
When: 26 Apr 19 01:33
I do find it quite interesting because, in theory, this should be less of a lottery than a regular event - you need two players playing well simultaneously and the odds of two top players playing well simultaneously should be considerably better than two rags playing well simultaneously, widening the gap rather than narrowing it.  But not sure it really works that way in practice, partly, I guess, because the lesser pairings probably take it more seriously and spur each other on.
By:
lewisham ranger
When: 26 Apr 19 01:44
I think it's just because it's so much of a birdie fest. I mean if you shoot 4 or 5 under in the better ball you're getting trampled over.

I've got two hardly original selections here, day/scott and rahm/palmer, but not confident. they've started ok in round one though, hoping that in the foursomes the classier teams will have more of an edge.
By:
lewisham ranger
When: 26 Apr 19 10:09
one thing I noticed from last year as that a lot of the groups leading on Saturday failed to perform- and that was in the fourballs. I think it's one thing shooting 11 or 12 under when you are under no pressure whatsoever, another thing doing it when there is a potential tournament on the line- that's why I wouldn't be too worried if your team is a few shots behind going into the weekend.
By:
lewisham ranger
When: 26 Apr 19 12:00
added finau/stanley
By:
Total Bosman
When: 26 Apr 19 16:07
Not sure why Knox / Laird broke up but both seem to be moving on nicely so far.
By:
Total Bosman
When: 26 Apr 19 19:54
Charl and Louis start the foursomes with a 9.  Guess the real tournament starts now.
By:
lewisham ranger
When: 27 Apr 19 16:10
well day/scott and finau/stan both miss the cut but looks likely that rahm/palmer will be leading.

have a feeling that rahm is a lot better than most of the top pros and will prove as much over the next 3-4 years. same odds as day for the uspga just feels plain wrong. Crazy
By:
lewisham ranger
When: 27 Apr 19 19:40
this could end up being jon rahm vs the field
By:
Total Bosman
When: 27 Apr 19 20:03
Rahmer looking ominous.  Could use a charge from Gaytini.
By:
lewisham ranger
When: 27 Apr 19 23:01
palmer looking a bit ragged at times which is slightly worrying for tomorrow. he hasn't won a tournament for years and I think he'll need regular winner rahm, and his more successful vibes, to get him over the line.

anyone 18 under or better will have a chance tomorrow I think. can certainly see the Garcia/Fleetwood combo posting a number and trying to hold on.
By:
therhino
When: 28 Apr 19 09:52
Rahm has been ordinary with Sunday pressure and Palmer, well. Be interesting to see whether the different dynamic of having a team mate has an effect on Rahmbo.

Quite happy with Stallings/Mullinax, debating whether to dump or not.
By:
Hank Hill
When: 28 Apr 19 20:30
looking to be an interesting finish  -greens really firming which should be fun to see Garcia etc putt on. Not sure Rahm will hold on
By:
lewisham ranger
When: 28 Apr 19 20:35
backed Fleetwood team earlier. already on rahm/palmer. expect trex and scott to hack up now.

palmers body language is horrible. just hasn't got the winning mentality at all.
By:
Hank Hill
Yeah Palmer is looking ropey
By:
Total Bosman
Wouldn't want to be carrying Palmer towards the line, that's for sure.  If Castrale could stick -22 in the house you never know.
By:
Hank Hill
When: 28 Apr 19 20:36
Having said that, that might be a big par from Palmer
By:
lewisham ranger
When: 28 Apr 19 20:41
I do wonder why Spieth and rahm, have been happy to pair up with palmer, given that he's a 40 plus year old who hasn't won in years. and they could pretty much choose any partner they wanted.

I guess palmer is one of those players who is highly rated amongst his peers, even though he doesn't win a lot.
By:
Hank Hill
When: 28 Apr 19 20:43
Different levels of effort in this format I think - I mean look at Brooks - just happy to play with his brother rather than someone with who he might properly contend.
By:
lewisham ranger
When: 28 Apr 19 20:44
Fleetwood has been struggling to get over the line himself in pga events, but playing with a partner and playing ahead of the leaders, he won't get a better chance. I really fancy them to win from here really.

plus tommy will be made up to get a two year exemption Grin
By:
Total Bosman
When: 28 Apr 19 20:45
Spieth and Palmer came about from a bet, not sure about the Rahm connection:

http://www.jordanspiethgolf.com/article/how-jordan-found-his-zurich-partner

I guess Palmer is just a nice guy to hang around with, if Rahm and Spieth were super serious about winning they could obviously do better.
By:
lewisham ranger
When: 28 Apr 19 20:47
yes you are right hank, and they have done well this week. I guess you could argue that day/scott is overall, a lot stronger than the two koepkas, but it's the chemistry thing. plus as you say people probably don't take it that seriously.
By:
Hank Hill
When: 28 Apr 19 20:49
btw if Tommy wins I am not counting it as a USA win for him Silly
By:
EUGENE KRABS
When: 28 Apr 19 20:59
market says garcia miss
By:
EUGENE KRABS
When: 28 Apr 19 21:05
coverage about 10 mins behind ffs
By:
sewter lives again
When: 28 Apr 19 21:06
Tommy getting a horror show glimpse of Sergio golf
By:
lewisham ranger
When: 28 Apr 19 21:06
garcias putting is pathetic. reminds me of why I never normally back the guy.

well hopefully rahm team will just kick on now.
By:
Hank Hill
When: 28 Apr 19 21:08
Garbage Garcia -  no less than 5 minutes after I got them onside ffs-  yes I hope Rahm kicks on too lewisham
By:
doorman99
The biggest mystery to me is how anyone as useless and pathetic as Sergio ever won the Masters. Tommy must be thinking the same.
By:
EUGENE KRABS
this format and state of the greens means anything is still possible but with a par 5 upcoming it looks like Rahms to lose
By:
sewter lives again
When: 28 Apr 19 21:09
exactly LR

Garcia leaving Tommy short nearly all the time then missing the short ones that Tommy leaves him

Tommy just cant have a real go at any of the putts
By:
Total Bosman
When: 28 Apr 19 21:14
Some pretty iffy stuff all round now.
By:
Hank Hill
When: 28 Apr 19 21:20
Solid save again from Palmer
Page 1 of 3  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | Next
sort by:
Show