Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
brassneck
21 Feb 19 22:34
| Topic/replies: 18,436 | Blogger: brassneck's blog
OK,its a long way away,but it is supposed to be played in Portrush in northern ireland."now that is Rory countryWink and Rory is priced at 12.5.to win.a big fat roast chicken price.Now you guys can forget about form,because Rory will win it.the big problem is will there be a brexit deal.no deal could cause problems if they put up a border,it may cause tension imvho ,and players may not be happy to play,but if there is a happy ending to Brexit,Rory will be delighted to beat the worlds best in his own back yard.
i give all you golfers this tip so you can start now backing him every week until it starts, because as they say in golf"your the man Rory"
remember Rory will be at home,and he will win it,rest assured,so get on now and get on big..you can all thank me later.BRASS.

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 25
By:
brassneck
When: 21 Feb 19 22:53
just to add, a few quid each day on rory to win and at the end of july you will be buying yourself a new ferrarory remember 12.5 ShockedWinkShockedShockedShockedShocked
By:
HeinzGuderian
When: 22 Feb 19 09:40
The Open
Royal Portrush

#justsayin
By:
HeinzGuderian
When: 22 Feb 19 09:41
Been backing him at 14s for months ExcitedCrazy
By:
dazmacccccc
When: 22 Feb 19 13:16
id rather back him in the open championship as there is no such thing as the british open.
By:
lfc1971
When: 22 Feb 19 17:34
British Open  British Open  British Open British Open ...
There you go get over it
By:
Jack Hacksaw
When: 22 Feb 19 18:06
It is called The Open Championship.

Anyway, how can it be British if it is in Northern Ireland?
By:
HeinzGuderian
When: 22 Feb 19 18:30

Feb 22, 2019 -- 6:06PM, Jack Hacksaw wrote:

It is called The Open Championship.Anyway, how can it be British if it is in Northern Ireland?

LaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh

Gone Fishing! Grin

By:
lfc1971
When: 22 Feb 19 18:37
Why not , it’s part of the British  Isles
It’s not all about England and Scotland you know
That’s why it’s called the British Open
And not the English , or Scottish , or Welsh or Irish Open
By:
sewter lives again
When: 22 Feb 19 18:39
I think Adam Scott will go well in the Majors this year and have already had some 66/1 about him for the Open
By:
lfc1971
When: 22 Feb 19 18:56
No one has the first clue who will win the British open do they ?
By:
lfc1971
When: 22 Feb 19 19:02
Tiger Woods if free from injuries could go close possibly even win imo
By:
HeinzGuderian
When: 22 Feb 19 19:38

Feb 22, 2019 -- 6:56PM, lfc1971 wrote:

No one has the first clue who will win the British open do they ?

No love, as there's no such tournament!Happy

By:
lfc1971
When: 22 Feb 19 19:50
Maybe Jon Rahm , he has won there before
By:
lfc1971
When: 22 Feb 19 19:51
It was always called the British open , the R&A can pipe down pompous asses
By:
lfc1971
When: 22 Feb 19 20:08
The British can be very pretentious at times , well no one is silly enough to listen to that crap
By:
lfc1971
When: 22 Feb 19 20:13
Sorry if everyone calls it the British Open ( especially in America )then it’s the British Open
quite right
By:
lewisham ranger
When: 22 Feb 19 21:10
can see tiger winning, as he will love putting on over rory in his back yard, will just add to his legend. besides he went very well in the open last year, so why not again?

think westwood a lively outsider
By:
HeinzGuderian
When: 22 Feb 19 23:01
The Open Championship 2019 - Winner

Ian Poulter  83.66  £14.98   £1,238.27
By:
brassneck
When: 22 Feb 19 23:30
i think they call it "the claret jug"Laugh
By:
brassneck
When: 22 Feb 19 23:46
i think Rory could win this if he was blindfolded and one hand tied behind his back,and have nothing in his bag except a cricket bat,the guy grew up playing the course every day of his life,he knows the rolls and the slopes,he knows the exact club to use to drop the ball beside the cup,he is use to the weather,he will have his Northern Irish mixed grill before he plays.just like he has done 6000 times before,he wont care where the pins are placed because he knows every inch and every blade of grass,he should be 2/1 to win.
but i dont know feck all about golf,but Rory doesGrin
GO GET THAT NEW FERRARORY CAR LADS,YOU WILL BE ABLE TO TRADE OUT BEFORE IT STARTS,"A FEW QUID A DAY AND DRIVE THE FERRARORY AWAY"LaughLaugh
By:
lewisham ranger
When: 23 Feb 19 13:41
I don't think any player is a cert in any major. the players are too closely matched here.

Although I could understand your confidence behind Rory. He has a good record in the open, and he shot a very low score here already when he was 16, so what's he going to do now he's in his prime.
By:
Kelly
When: 26 Feb 19 01:43
Rory did not play Portrush every day , he lived 60 miles away .  He also did not win the North of Ireland ( amateur) , the most important event played regularly each year on the Dunluce course , despite winning every other significant amateur title in Ireland . His course record of 61 in qualifying for the "North" remains one of the best rounds of golf ever played ( by a 16 year old) .  Don't think he could do that now though .

Rahm won next door at Portstewart , not Portrush .  Jamie Donaldson .
By:
therhino
When: 26 Feb 19 07:17
Always the chance Rory is too hyped for it and pushes too hard instead of taking what the course offers. Course management skills aren't elite at the best of times.
By:
Kelly
When: 26 Feb 19 12:38
At Portrush the weather conditions will probably be a huge factor in deciding the winner . As a friend once put it when checking weather with him before I drove north to play his home club  at Portrush ---"even the sea gulls are not venturing out today " .  If its windy you can forget Rory and some of the other high flight lads . I hope we get a mixture of weather which should help decide who is the "champion golfer of the year and the winner of the Claret Jug ".
By:
Kelly
When: 26 Feb 19 12:54
Last time they played the Open at Portrush was Peter Thomsons debut in the event .  He finished well up , and took 4 Open titles in the ensuing decade .  Possibly the best ever links golfer , deserves a big mention at some stage this year . I often wonder about his accomodation that tournament , as it was then not unusual for local ( members) to open their houses to the players .  Gary Player slept on the beach at St Andrews famously , don't think we would have allowed that happen in Ireland .

Local hostelries and places to rent at a premium North Coast this July , some of the pros are staying in Scotland and helicoptering over each day apparently , sensible enough if you don't mind  10 minute air journeys twice a day.
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com