Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
frames
28 Jan 19 18:47
| Topic/replies: 12,106 | Blogger: frames's blog
I missed it if they did ,Haotong Li got a 2 shot penalty on the last costing him a 6 figure sum.There will be more to come I expect.

https://www.sportinglife.com/golf/news/rules-come-under-the-spotlight/157860
Pause Switch to Standard View Did Sky mention this yesterday ?
Show More
Report frames January 28, 2019 6:04 PM GMT
Also all these rule changes to speed up play, does the leaving the flag in rule actually help ?

Player A putts from 35ft with the flag out
The mad scientist putts from 30ft with it in and races it 8 ft past
Player C putts from 20ft with it out
Now back to the mad scientist with his 8 footer and he wants it back in.
A and C still might have to finish as well.

No time saving there.
Report sewter lives again January 28, 2019 7:30 PM GMT
does anyone seriously think the same penalty in the same circumstances would have been imposed on Woods, Phil or Rory?
Report EUGENE KRABS January 28, 2019 11:09 PM GMT
I've just seen the footage and it looks marginal anyway ! Absolute joke from the ET and I agree SLA that no way would a top name have been penalised ! Lots of talk about Bryson's slow play and will be interesting to see how long it takes one of the tours to pull him up !
Report Puggy4 January 29, 2019 8:23 AM GMT
Yes, John Paramore imposed a two shot on penalty for slow play on 14 year old Chinese Tianlang Guan in 2013. Thankfully he still made the cut. Paramore would not have had the balls to penalise one of the top players. Another example of penalising the poor defenceless chinaman who wont fight back. I saw this incident afew times and did not see anything wrong. A caddie can still read the putt for his player without lining him up and this is what happened in this case.
Report frames January 29, 2019 10:21 AM GMT
Imagine the carnage if he had holed out for a supposed two shot victory or worse a one shot victory.
Report sewter lives again January 29, 2019 12:03 PM GMT
haven't seen any golf coverage since but will be very interesting to see how Sky cover/comment on this incident through

this week given that Li is playing.

Some of the forthcoming Women's events could be interesting
Report 1st time poster February 4, 2019 6:19 PM GMT
last night rob lee advised fowler to lie and cheat to avoid a penalty,thats how much respect rob lee had for the field
Report GoBallistic February 5, 2019 3:55 PM GMT
Did Sky say anything about Garcia vandalising half a dozen holes at the weekend ?  Or does being non-American spare him the outrage as usual ?
Report jedi sophie February 5, 2019 4:21 PM GMT
Garcias behaviour in the bunker when he was blaming a caddy for his poor lie,ie not raked properly,was quite frankly a disgrace...
The day before they bulleted him.
It's a ****g hazard you ****. These perfect lies expected by these pros in bunkers outrage me
The shouts of get in the bunker not the rough,wish could've heard if shouted that on this occasion.
When won the masters thought would change his outlook,instead he is worse,a dreadful watch....
Should've thrown the book at the ignorant arrogant ****.
Report 1st time poster February 5, 2019 6:03 PM GMT
good piece on Garcia from david livingstone on sporting life website,garcia doesn't come out well in it
Report Catch Me ifyoucan February 5, 2019 9:45 PM GMT
https://www.skysports.com/golf/news/12061/11627526/sergio-garcia-damaging-greens-in-anger-is-sporting-sacrilege-says-david-livingstone

HTH Devil
Report Catch Me ifyoucan February 5, 2019 9:49 PM GMT
More FYI

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=sergio+garcia+throwing Devil
Report Jack Hacksaw February 6, 2019 7:10 PM GMT
Good article, thanks.

There is a tantrum compilation in that youtube search and two of them are Garcia.
Report sewter lives again February 6, 2019 8:09 PM GMT
try behaving like that in your own club...

imo Garcia should have had a whopping fine-his appearance fee would have been appropriate and/or a ban
Report jedi sophie February 6, 2019 8:55 PM GMT
Sewter
100% correct.
Every single dollar of the million or so he grubbily received.
Make him think.

Disgrace
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com