Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Catch Me ifyoucan
24 Jan 19 19:36
| Topic/replies: 18,579 | Blogger: Catch Me ifyoucan's blog
WHICH player completes his career Grand Slam first (and/or) in 2019 ????????

It’s either going to be...….. Rory at the Masters……..Phil in Pebble Beach...…..or Jordan at the PGA. Devil
Pause Switch to Standard View Career ((((( GRAND SLAM )))))
Show More
Report Catch Me ifyoucan February 4, 2019 10:25 PM GMT
Close eye on PHIL this week
Report fullback February 8, 2019 5:14 PM GMT
Skul the man
Report Catch Me ifyoucan February 12, 2019 1:50 AM GMT
Phil led after 36 holes twice at the AT&T ProAm - 2005 and 2007 - both victories and the 4th time Lefty has been -10 or better through 2 rounds - his finishes the other three times: Win, Win, 2nd. Also the third time Mickelson held the 36-hole lead or co-lead here. He went on to win the previous two instances in 2005 & 2007.

Phil's 44 wins is just 1 behind Walter Hagen 45 - moves into 8th position on the PGA TOUR all-time list and becomes the 4th player in TOUR history with victories 28+ years apart (1991 Tucson Open, 2019 AT&T Pebble Beach). He joins Ray Floyd, Sam Snead and Davis Love III.

Most PGA wins in California since 1960: Mickelson 14 Tiger 14 Billy Casper 13 as Phil wins his 5th in Pebble.

Watch this space Devil
Report Catch Me ifyoucan February 12, 2019 1:55 AM GMT
The 119th US Open at Pebble Beach (13/16th June) - Phil’s a six-time runner-up at the US Open, the only Major he’s yet to win in 104 Major appearances.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan February 12, 2019 10:28 PM GMT
When at Pebble Beach, Phil Mickelson marks with his grandpa's silver dollar...
“He was poor. He often went days without eating but when he (Phil’s grandfather) would put his hand in his pocket and rub that coin, he felt like he could do anything” - Phil talking about his grandfather who was one of the original caddies at Pebble Beach and his silver dollar.

Most-sentimental sports item?
What's yours????? Devil
Report Catch Me ifyoucan March 19, 2019 6:01 PM GMT
Treble @ 7513/1 madness Crazy
Report Catch Me ifyoucan April 5, 2019 1:29 AM BST
McIlroy in 2011 had a four-shot lead at The Masters, only to throw it away with a tee shot behind the cabins, a four-putt from 12 feet, a wild drive along the azaleas and an 80 on his scorecard. He responded by winning four of the next 15 majors, before being slowed by a few nagging injuries.
This will be his fifth shot at the career Grand Slam, and he is getting closer. He played in the final group last year with Patrick Reed, missing a short eagle putt on the second hole that set the tone for his day. Already this year, he has not finished out of the T10 in all seven of his tournaments, including a victory at The Players Championship against the best field in golf. The bookies have rightly installed him as their 7/1 favourite.
Rory has spent the last year reading books on life and success, working more on his attitude than his golf game. He is determined not to let the sport define his success. And it appears to be paying off. ''I would have said a couple of years ago, 'I need to win a Masters, I need a green jacket,' where now it's, 'I want to win it.' And I'd love to win it,'' he said. ''But if I don't, I'm OK. Maybe some people will say that I'm not motivated enough. Believe me, I am motivated to make the most of what I have and to put my name among some of the greats of our game.'' So powerful is the allure of Augusta National and the exclusivity of the club and its list of winners. It must be his turn.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan April 10, 2019 9:18 PM BST
THE MILLION DOLLAR MAN...

Total matched on this event:
€6,803,714

Betting summary - Volume:
€998,124 Wee RORY Mc
Report Catch Me ifyoucan April 11, 2019 7:10 PM BST
RORS drifting.....

TOTAL €10,683,528
Betting summary - Volume: €1,573,323 on wee RORS
Last price matched: 14
Report Catch Me ifyoucan April 11, 2019 7:11 PM BST
Bogey 10th will do dat
Report Catch Me ifyoucan April 12, 2019 1:51 PM BST
McIlroy’s wet dream of completing the Grand Slam this week took a massive hit with his opening round 73 (T44 - NOT A F*****G HOPE) and besides, RORS has never won an event worldwide as a pro with an opening round score of 73 or higher. Sad
Report Catch Me ifyoucan June 13, 2019 2:43 PM BST
Now it's Phil in Pebble Beach

A 55/1 shot to do it this week
Report Catch Me ifyoucan June 14, 2019 3:32 PM BST
Phil Mickelson
Jack Nicklaus and Tiger Woods both won the regular Pebble Beach Pro-Am in the same season they took victory in the U.S. Open at Pebble. So could Phil repeat the feat this week and finally land this title after finishing runner-up six times? Looking back at those second places, Mickelson was no worse than seventh after 18 holes so marked our cards early. Today? A 1-over 71 and way down the field. The fairytale will need a big twist from here. Devil
Report Catch Me ifyoucan June 14, 2019 3:38 PM BST
...and Phil's 49th birthday is this Sunday too.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan June 17, 2019 11:22 PM BST
Bet it won’t be too long before Brookes KOEPKA appears on this thread....

Maybe the most amazing thing about Koepka missing the US Open three-peat is.....
...that he gets ANOTHER chance to do it
.......in 11 months time at the PGA Championship.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan June 18, 2019 7:29 PM BST
See some should've got out of Brooks KOEPKA earlier on Pay Day ...but really thought he would convert......Pity not the foresight, eh!

NOT like the rest of us.ExcitedLaugh

Truth be told..... KOEPKA was the first player to ever shoot all four rounds in the 60s at the US Open and NOT WIN, (69,69,68,68).
Add his final round last year and he's the first player in US Open history to shoot five straight rounds in the 60s..... the Man's a MAJOR Machine. Devil
Report Catch Me ifyoucan June 18, 2019 7:31 PM BST
Players to finish either 1st or 2nd in each of a season's first three majors, since 1960...

1960 Arnold Palmer
1962 Arnold Palmer
1971 Jack Nicklaus
1972 Jack Nicklaus
2000 Ernie Els
2005 Tiger Woods
2019 Brooks Koepka (in impressive company)
Report Catch Me ifyoucan July 5, 2019 5:54 PM BST
Can MARTIN KAYMER add an OPEN.....to his 2010 PGA Championship & 2014 US Open.....look to be peaking again
Report Catch Me ifyoucan July 5, 2019 5:56 PM BST
2019 season.....Kaymer looking to end a five year winless drought, took charge of the Memorial Tournament in June 2019, after three rounds of 67-68-66, building a two stroke advantage after 54 holes. He soon doubled that during the early part of the final round, but faultered on the back nine, including finding the water on the 15th at Muirfield. Kaymer had to settle for a third place finish, as Patrick Cantlay stormed through to take the title.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com