Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
lewisham ranger
10 Jan 19 23:01
| Topic/replies: 5,280 | Blogger: lewisham ranger's blog
seems a bit odd when pga tour have had it for years.
Pause Switch to Standard View why don't european tour do shot tracker?
Show More
Report Total Bosman January 10, 2019 11:35 PM GMT
Money and logistics I guess.  There seems to be a lot involved in shot tracker / shotlink both in terms of equipment and manpower.  The PGA tour has the advantage that most of it is on the US mainland and therefore the shotlink trucks can just go from stop to stop (when they play overseas the shotlink doesn't show up).  On the Euro things are so far flung it would be difficult to transport the equipment.  Then you need people to work all the equipment on each hole - the PGA Tour use volunteers at each event, which they can do because each tournament is usually well supported by the local community - not sure you'd be able to muster the volunteers at the Euro tour's far flung stops.

Be nice to see the Euro tour come up with something better than they currently have but it would be difficult to implement the exact same as they have in the US.
Report trebor January 11, 2019 11:13 AM GMT
I see they are using 'strokes gained' stats, more than the marker would collect, so are they be measuring and plotting all shots at all tournaments now?  think they have been for a few years. and they are giving us distance and lines on putts so they have a fair bit of the info required for some sort of shot tracker one day.

Remember when some guy found shot tracker on the web in the non graphic style before it was released, no one believed him the first night.
Report lewisham ranger January 11, 2019 5:06 PM GMT
you'd think they'd wheel it out for the flagship events though. even the masters has some kind of shot tracker now whereas don't think the open does.

plus the open is a joint pga tour/ euro event, so you think that maybe they could use the pga tour equipment?

btw does anyone know what happened to pga tour radio? Confused I used to like listening to that, but last time I tried it seemed to be blocked in this country.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com