Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
xmoneyx
05 Jan 19 01:33
| Topic/replies: 54,828 | Blogger: xmoneyx's blog
https://www.golf-monthly.co.uk/news/new-golf-rules-2019-152161
Pause Switch to Standard View new golf rules 2019
Show More
Report xmoneyx January 5, 2019 1:20 AM GMT
For context, GOLF magazine columnist Dave Pelz wrote a fascinating piece in the February 2019 issue explaining the science behind DeChambeau’s theory:
The test results were conclusive: You will hole a higher percentage of putts when you leave the flagstick in.

The reason for this effect is that a significant amount of energy is lost from a putt’s speed when the ball hits a fiberglass flagstick. The speed-loss enables gravity to pull the slower moving ball down into the hole more often. Even though balls have changed since my testing, holes and flagsticks have not, and the “energy-loss” effect will still win the day.
It’s a matter of science which will ultimately win over other professional golfers, says Golf Channel analyst Brandel Chamblee, who predicts that almost every player will be keeping the flagstick in by season’s end.
Report kincsem January 7, 2019 1:44 PM GMT
Too late for T C Chen.
Now when you hit the ball twice in one shot it counts as one hit.
T C Chen double hit the ball in the 1985 US Open in the fourth round scoring a quadruple-bogey eight and lost the US Open by one shot.
Report Kelly January 7, 2019 3:29 PM GMT
I never understood the reason for insisting the flag stick involved a penalty if you hit it while putting , removing the flag for putting every time just wastes time .

All the new revisions seem good to me , application of more common sense than before . Some of those in charge of the rules for a long number of years lived in a different world .  Common sense should be the ultimate rule maker .  No advantage , no penalty -- not a bad mantra .

3 minutes is a bit short though , although in professional terms there is a lot more help available than any amateur experiences .
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com