Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Hank Hill
05 Dec 18 22:58
| Topic/replies: 17,061 | Blogger: Hank Hill's blog
Obviously hard to gauge the competitive level for this tourny as the year comes to an end, but should be some value. Just been reading Ben Coley's preview for the 12 pairings. The price takes in to account how Donald is doing after his injury layoff, but in a 12 horse race I'm happy to have 60-1 on him and Landry. Finau/Thompson seem woefully short - would want much more than 22-1 as Lexi Thompson won't be getting any favours off the tee. I agree with Coley on the best bet for o/r - Horschel/Sneds - can both be streaky but if they both get hot with the putter can see them going very well.

Thoughts on this? Also, what do you think about Thompson being in this? Is it not a bit of a gimmick? I mean we had the number one at the time trying to make the cut in a PGA event and failing. Would you like to see more of this or keep the men and women separate?
Show More
Report Hank Hill December 5, 2018 11:21 PM GMT
That should say 19 for Finau/Thompson
Report Total Bosman December 6, 2018 4:06 PM GMT
Not touching this one, but Finau and Lexi finished t4 in this last year, which is very respectable.  Dunno how much of that was Tony's work but can't have done it all himself.

On the wider point, it's always going to be a bit of a gimmick sticking in a token female in an all mens event, and in the past it's only emphasised the gulf between the men and women.  Given no-one cares about this event, they should just go the whole hog and have all the teams mixed, would generate a bit of interest and be something a bit different.  I do think there are formats the PGA / LPGA could consider for mixed-gender events that would probably be beneficial without having the women compete directly against the men.

A mixed-gender Ryder Cup style team event would be great, 6 men and 6 women a side would generate a lot of buzz.  Also something like the Tournament Of Champions in Kapalua with such a small field could incorporate both genders, get the winners from the LPGA over to compete in their own event.  Have both events starting off 1st and 10th tees simultaneously over the weekend and you've got two tournaments concluding at the same time for the price of one, got to be a TV hit and great exposure for the LPGA.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan December 15, 2019 5:02 PM GMT
Catch Me ifyoucan • November 20, 2019 11:01 AM GMT
Naples, Florida anyone..... lovely this time of the year

Fresh from the CME GROUP TOUR CHAMPIONSHIP (the Final Event on the WOMEN’s TOUR) held here at Tiburón Golf Club,
the golf club also host the ((((QBE SHOOTOUT))))).
....your ONLY GOLF fix this evening. (Tiburón is ‘shark’ in Spanish btw - course design 1998 - bindare, dundat).

GREG NORMAN's event began in 1989 with the first eleven editions of the tournament were played at Sherwood Country Club in Thousand Oaks, California (1989–99). It was then played for one year at Doral Resort & Spa, on the Norman designed Great White Course, before moving to the Ritz-Carlton Golf Resort in Naples in 2001. A 3-day-54-hole stroke SHOOTOUT in 12 Teams of two - Friday Scramble - Saturday Scotch Foursomes - Sunday Fourball.
Formerly known as the Franklin Templeton Shootout or Shark Shootout with this new adjusted format since 2014.
LPGA star Lexi Thompson is playing for the fourth year in a row. She’s paired with Sean O’Hair, who has won the QBE with two different partners, Steve Stricker and Kenny Perry.
Last year Brian Harman and Patton Kizzire (61 Sunday with an eagle on 17th) edged Emiliano Grillo and Graeme McDowell (62) by a shot. GMac will partner Ian Poulter this year in the 31st edition.....they're one shot back of a 5-way tie at the top.

Round 2 scores Position/Players/R1 score/R2 score/To par...
T-1    Brendon Todd-Billy Horschel    59    66    -19
T-1    Bubba Watson-Charles Howell III    59    66    -19
T-1    Rory Sabbatini-Kevin Tway    58    67    -19
T-1    Harold Varner III-Ryan Palmer    55    70    -19
T-1    J.T. Poston-Jason Kokrak    57    68    -19
6    Ian Poulter-Graeme McDowell    61    65    -18
T-7    Chez Reavie-Kevin Chappell    60    67    -17
T-7    Andrew Putnam-Corey Conners    61    66    -17
T-7    Kevin Kisner-Charley Hoffman    58    69    -17
10    Matthew Wolff-Viktor Hovland    65    65    -14
11    Patton Kizzire-Brian Harman    62    72    -10
12    Lexi Thompson-Sean O’Hair    64    74    -6

Final round tee times / Tee time / Players
1:50pm    Patton Kizzire-Brian Harman; Lexi Thompson-Sean O’Hair
3:05pm    Kevin Kisner-Charley Hoffman; Matthew Wolff-Viktor Hovland
3:20pm    Chez Reavie-Kevin Chappell; Andrew Putnam-Corey Conners
3:35pm    J.T. Poston-Jason Kokrak; Ian Poulter-Graeme McDowell
3:50pm    Harold Varner III-Ryan Palmer; Rory Sabbatini-Kevin Tway
4:05pm    Brendon Todd-Billy Horschel; Bubba Watson-Charles Howell III

COVERAGE BEGINS NOW. Devil
Report Catch Me ifyoucan December 15, 2019 8:28 PM GMT
Kevin Tway & Rory Sabbatini prove best from Poston/Kokrak, and with an eagle on 17th GMac/Poults tie for 3rd.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com