Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
lewisham ranger
14 Oct 18 13:11
| Topic/replies: 5,280 | Blogger: lewisham ranger's blog
just for a laugh, and as it's probably going to be one of the most anticipated major seasons in history, what with the shuffling around of the pga and tiger back to form and back on the hunt for 18 majors, I'll kick off.

Masters: Justin Rose
US open: Tiger Woods
Pga: Rory Mcilroy
Open: Tiger Woods.

Think Tiger will win at least one major (i've gone for two.)

Obviously you have the possibility of Jordan coming back to form, JT continuing his improvement and so on. Add in Fleetwood, Brooks, Molinari, Reed, DJ, Fowler and probably a lot of other people I've failed to mention then it's very tough to predict.

think as an outside bet can see Tony Finau and Xander Schufflue going well in the majors and Leishman might be an outside bet for the Masters.
Pause Switch to Standard View 2019 major winners?
Show More
Report HeinzGuderian October 24, 2018 8:17 PM BST
If Tigger wins another Major, I'll run around the Betfair Forum naked......singing Jingle Bells!MischiefPlainShocked
Report lewisham ranger October 25, 2018 9:16 AM BST
if you had said that a year ago, I would have said fair enough. but tiger put enough signs out there last year to say that winning another major is quite likely. He arguably could have won the last two majors.

plus he won his last tour event. think getting over the line in a pga tournament was important for his chances of doing the same in a major.

of course in the majors, there tends to be an overemphasis on the favourites, which opens it up for the outsiders at juicy prices. it's golf, it's random, and I wouldn't be surprised if a complete rag won a major sometime this year.
Report lewisham ranger October 25, 2018 9:16 AM BST
or sometime next year even.
Report lewisham ranger October 27, 2018 9:44 AM BST
https://www.golfdigest.com/story/can-any-of-golfs-young-stars-win-10-majors-...
Report sewter lives again October 30, 2018 3:08 PM GMT
think a fully fit Woods turning up to the Masters would be a great bet

now he appears to have got over the ego problems with hitting it as long as the young guns his all around game is pretty much back to what it was previously,

imo the one area that isnt quite back to his stellar best is the putting, especially the short ones he never missed,
now if he got that back anything would be possible
Report lewisham ranger October 30, 2018 8:44 PM GMT
his putting looked real good in his last outing he putted real well there.

think he might well win the masters. 9-1 looks big. also crowd factor will be huge for him on the back nine on sunday, if he is in contention they will really get behind him. this year he played pants at augusta but at the time he hadn't played a major for a while and was just feeling his way back.

also if you fancy him there's an argument to say get on now, of course he could drift to 16-1 by the off, but also he could have a couple of wins beforehand and be sent off 5-1.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan January 6, 2020 3:34 PM GMT
HeinzGuderian • October 24, 2018 8:17 PM BST.....If Tigger wins another Major, I'll run around the Betfair Forum naked......singing Jingle Bells! WhoopsBlush
Report Catch Me ifyoucan January 13, 2020 3:58 PM GMT
Good riddance muppet, not a pretty sight anyways Blush Tongue Out
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com