Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
lewisham ranger
28 Sep 18 18:25
| Topic/replies: 5,280 | Blogger: lewisham ranger's blog
the great unsaid in this whole competition is that europe have an inbuilt advantage.

as strong as USA are as a golfing country, europe is a continent. surely that's an inbuilt advantage.

and yet mugs like me get sucked into backing the overhyped yanks everytime.

hopefully, never again.
Pause Switch to Standard View the great unsaid.
Show More
Report equine flew September 28, 2018 5:31 PM BST
More than twice as many golf courses in America than in Europe
Report pa lapsy September 28, 2018 5:40 PM BST
They aren't beat yet, given "home advantage" 3-5 isn't the worst start after day 1, best players have to be fielded now and the sentiment of giving someone a game should not apply.

Sucked in also though the course itself stopped me going silly.
Report lewisham ranger September 30, 2018 4:11 PM BST
a romp in the end.

and still none of the commentators will say the great unsaid.
Report Racingqueen September 30, 2018 4:56 PM BST
the Ryder cup is the biggest pile of 5hite ever foisted on the sporting public. Pure media driven garbage.

Golf is and always will be an individual sport
Report houseofpain September 30, 2018 5:27 PM BST
Couldn't disagree more, just see what it means to them players shedding tears. One of my fav sporting events ever.
Report anxious September 30, 2018 5:52 PM BST
What nonsense racing you only haveto recall some of the most fantastic golf played in the ryder cup over the last 30 years to show what a fantastic event it is
Report lewisham ranger September 30, 2018 6:07 PM BST
not sure it's a pile of ****, it has it's entertaining moments. what it is not though, is a fair contest.

I just wish the commentators would be honest and say that europe have an inbuilt advantage here.
Report anxious September 30, 2018 6:10 PM BST
Why is not fair the American tour is stronger than the European tour , the Americans have the best individual rankings ?
Report Poppydog. September 30, 2018 6:50 PM BST
It really, really isn't unfair

One has the best youth/training/collegiate programs
One has the most golf courses
One has the most prize money
One has the most sponsorship to all levels
One has the most competitive seasonal tour
One has the most actual golfers
Report Vubiant September 30, 2018 8:11 PM BST
Sorry but this Country v Continent notion has no logic to it whatsoever and is a load of utter baloney.
A continent is only a large landmass -a geographical term. Europe and the USA are broadly similar in area and the USA mainland would easily qualify as a continent.  It's only politically that ,say, Belgium and Austria are considered separate countries whereas e.g.  California and Texas are not.
It's really the United Countries (States) of Europe against the United States (Countries) of America. No inbuilt or detectable mismatch at all.
Report the fink sisters October 1, 2018 11:12 AM BST
I thought that the course favoured the Europeans because it played to driving accuracy and green position rather than sheer length and power off the tee.

Plus I saw a stat that the European team had played a combined 232 rounds at the course against the Americans' 20 or so. That has to be an advantage.
Report beccaboo October 1, 2018 11:36 AM BST
As with all team sports the will of the players is the key. Look at the body language of Poulter vs Mickelson, Fleetwood vs Woods et al, and this is why Europe triumphed imo.Most of the yanks were wondering where the massive cheques were and not interested in playing for the jersey. Jose Mourinho to be the next usa captain is my prediction for the future.
Report charwell. October 1, 2018 3:38 PM BST
It's not 'a great unsaid.'

Indeed, you have said it yourself. You are a mug. Stop looking for ridiculous excuses why your bet was a bad loser.
Report lewisham ranger October 1, 2018 5:23 PM BST
the smell of troll is strong with charbore Laugh
Report lewisham ranger October 1, 2018 5:28 PM BST
Stop looking for ridiculous excuses why your bet was a bad loser.

actually I've thought this for years that europe have had an inbuilt advantage, and it is true that did not stop me backing usa....

and what is the difference between a loser, and a bad loser? Confused
Report Kelly October 1, 2018 6:05 PM BST
Pre start invariably the comparisons inevitably devolve around world rankings .  Because of the in built bias associated with the dominance of the USA tour the pricing up of the event favours the Yanks . Factors such as the course tend to be over looked  . But after this ( rout nearly) , maybe future generations will look back on Le Golf national as a marker for the future .  Fair play to Thomas , he had course set up to make it more difficult for players unaccustomed to tight considerations off the tee and approaches to greens .
Report charwell. October 1, 2018 9:36 PM BST
THIS ^^^^
Report lewisham ranger October 1, 2018 11:54 PM BST
charwell a bit of a sad, jealous loser.

i make an interesting thread and all he's ever done in the way of anything constructive is to troll people.

you must have a very sad life mate.
Report therhino October 2, 2018 8:40 AM BST
Said it on the other thread, I don't see any coincidence in Thomas being the best yank when he came over and played LGN this year. Prior preparation and planning prevents p1ss poor performance. Common phrase in Oz.

Better preparation and undoubtedly more passion from Europe for the event. This is what we get as a result. Whistling Straits will be set up as a park in 2 years so Europe will need some bombers.
Report charwell. October 2, 2018 3:14 PM BST
You are full of blown up self importance and hyperbole Lewisham.

Everybody knows it's a Goliath of a country versus a continent. So what's more to say about it? If your bet won you wouldn't have mentioned it. Sorry if you expected an outpouring of sympathy.
Report Total Bosman October 2, 2018 11:06 PM BST
If there’s an advantage to Europe, especially in recent years, it’s probably from the fact they’ve mostly played plenty of golf both in Europe and the US and are more experienced in different courses and conditions, and so might not suffer as much away disadvantage as the yanks seem to when visiting Europe.
Report Hank Hill October 2, 2018 11:28 PM BST
Agreed TB. IF the US tour could stop having so many birdie fest courses where the rough is half an inch they wouldn't look so clueless when they go to a course like Paris.
Report eight ball October 3, 2018 8:55 AM BST
On the PGA Tour site the Bunfighting hasn't stopped.
@Hank That 'if' you mention rears it's ugly head many times.World Cup organizer's have again this year been Sternly told 'This is how the course is to be set-up'.
LGN was great(imo)a bit more Wind would have had many of the US Team coiled up in a Cold Sweat it showed the meaning of Off the Fairway Rough as against US Tour's rough which means Rescue club onto the Green.
Have to give shot's of the Tourny to Tigers playing of the 9th on Day3.
Report lewisham ranger October 3, 2018 11:40 AM BST
"full of self importance and hyperbole"

I don't think so. I was trying to use this thread to make an interesting point. if people want to use it to throw abuse, that's their problem.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com