Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
system99
31 Jul 18 20:21
| Topic/replies: 1,933 | Blogger: system99's blog
obviously this is secondry to the wgc but i feel it's a stronger feild than previous years and has some interesting runners and maybe worth an interest.

my nap bet is grabbing the 40/1 ew on kevin tway with a couple of books, big overprice imo
also think ny 4/1 laird for top ten a great bet...

i like it cos its been on same course 18 years but with the scoring structure , they dont produce stats  (why i dont know), distance/accuracy/greens none of them ,irritates the fek outa me Angry
Pause Switch to Standard View Barracuda Championship
Show More
Report Total Bosman August 1, 2018 6:54 PM BST
Annoys me that this gets buried, interesting event and always nice to have different formats on the calendar.  And a decent field too.  Shame it can't get it's own week in the fall or something.
Report system99 August 1, 2018 7:24 PM BST
Agree, 20 years and course still holding it's own, deserves it's own slot

Kevin Streelman 40.00
Kevin Tway 40/1
Sam Saunders 44.00
Alex Cejka 65.00
Ryan Blaum 80.00
Scott Strohmeyer 361
Sulman Raza 1000
Report therhino August 2, 2018 12:22 PM BST
We theorized a while back TB about Mitchell and Burns for this if you recall and... neither are teeing it up Plain

Putnam and Tway for an interest.
Report Total Bosman August 2, 2018 8:00 PM BST
I put a few quid on Tway, mediocre round so far.  I know Bowditch is well gone these days but -13 in modified stableford is really something.
Report system99 August 3, 2018 12:32 AM BST
hoping i have just thieved a little value , chad camball running good +8 thru 11, 57 quid at 65 showing seemed good only 80 shot pre
Report Mighty Whites 2008 August 3, 2018 3:33 PM BST
impressive finish by Pampling

Bowditch must be close to packing it in getting embarrassing
Report Catch Me ifyoucan August 3, 2018 5:01 PM BST
Only the Top 125 at the conclusion of the Wyndham Championship (on 19th August) will keep their cards for next season (and qualify for the FedEx Cup play-offs), with former US Open Champion Gmac (143rd) and Shane Lowry (159th) among those in need of a good innings here.

Lowry’s exemption from winning the WGC-Bridgestone Invitational in 2015 runs out this season. The world number 89 has yet to record a top-10 finish in 2018 (T12th in the Canadian Open last week). Shane plays the first two rounds with McDowell and Billy Hurley.
Report therhino August 5, 2018 1:50 AM BST
Good drinking game - have a shot everytime the commentators say the words 'stableford scoring system'.
Report system99 August 5, 2018 4:33 PM BST
@ rhino

did sky show some of this?

have a couple of live chances, wouldn't mind watching,cheers
Report therhino August 5, 2018 8:13 PM BST
I have no idea system, am not in the UK.
Report therhino August 5, 2018 10:36 PM BST
Keep going Andrew.
Report Mighty Whites 2008 August 5, 2018 11:04 PM BST
any live streams
Report jedi sophie August 6, 2018 12:11 AM BST
Going along steadily Rhino,great birdie on last after missing out Par 5.
Fingers crossed.
Chokers in behind helps....
Report jedi sophie August 6, 2018 12:18 AM BST
**** off Chad you choking dawg.
Report system99 August 6, 2018 12:34 AM BST
i will have to go against u on this one jedi,

c'mon chad!!!
Report system99 August 6, 2018 12:36 AM BST
fek wanted eagle ffs
Report jedi sophie August 6, 2018 12:46 AM BST
That was for lead....
Putnam great birdie after that too.
Report system99 August 6, 2018 1:20 PM BST
fair play to putnam, nobody really scored lots, but chad gave him something to think about and he kept answering, a lot of good up and downs for pars to keep his lead.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan July 22, 2019 11:10 PM BST
It's yet another two-tournament week on the PGA TOUR with another "alternate-field event" which is taking place in Reno, Nevada. Designed by Jack Nicklaus, Montreux Golf & Country Club is the host course again - the venue since the inaugural 1999 edition.
The field of just 132 golfers. The top 70 and ties will play the weekend and the winner will receive just 300 FedEx Cup Points, just like last week's Barbasol Championship.
Ireland's POD and Seamus Power take part.

The scoring format is Modified Stableford scoring instead of stroke play.
Here is how that hole-by-hole scoring is calculated this week:
Albatross: 8 points....Eagle: 5 points...….Birdies: 2 points........Par: 0 points...…..Bogey: -1 point...…..Double Bogey or Worse: -3 points
Birdies and eagles are rewarded more than bogeys and doubles. This creates a fun style of play with golfers taking more chances than they normally would in a stroke-play event.

Altitude is the name of the game this week as the course sits at an elevation of 5,500 ft. This par 72 measures 7,472 yards but when you adjust for elevation it becomes quite short. Recent winners here include Andrew Putnam, Chris Stroud, Greg Chalmers, J.J. Henry, and Geoff Ogilvy. That really goes to show that distance is not a requirement around Montreux while short game is a big asset.

What they said about playing here in the past.....
Shane Lowry: "It's funny because you're more aggressive but then when you get out of position you're more tentative because you just want to make bogeys. But honestly, if you miss the green and you've got a tricky chip shot, you don't go for it, you try and chip it to 10 feet and you try and hole the putt. That's the way I've been playing it, and try and make my birdies. I've been looking at it as if I can try and make five, six birdies around, I'll be able to get something because you're always going to make a couple of bogeys, especially around here with the altitude and the wind and stuff. Look, I made two eagles so far this week. They're huge. If I can make another one tomorrow, that would be great, as well."
Andrew Putnam: "I didn't really feel like I was ball-striking it like I normally did. And I was missing it here and there. And my putting and my chipping was really good. So that kept me in it. And I think that's what kind of helped me get the win this week."

Back when this tournament played as a stroke-play event, the winning scores ranged from 10-under to 21-under so the scoring environment can vary quite a bit depending on the weather thrown at them. The forecast is for calm mornings and very windy afternoons so check the tee times of your players.
Report Total Bosman July 22, 2019 11:16 PM BST
I see Duval has joined the field.  At least +27 will be a decent score this week.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan July 22, 2019 11:22 PM BST
SCOT Robert MacIntyre earned a chance to play (but withdrew) due to his T10 at The OPEN (impressive first start in a Major).
The Euro Tour rookie squashed the idea on Monday "I can’t get there until late Tuesday and that just wouldn’t be the right preparation for it, so I decided against it."
Maybe one to watch to see if the fast start to his career is the real thing or just a flash in the pan.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan July 22, 2019 11:23 PM BST
John Daly must have got a cart for here Wink
Report Total Bosman July 23, 2019 12:37 PM BST
Disappointed MacIntyre has passed up the opportunity, even with transport headaches would be worth a crack especially with the European Tour being off for a few weeks.  Even in an opposite event the rewards for a win are huge.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan July 25, 2019 3:24 PM BST
Ben Crane WD from 'Cuda'

Matched: EUR 93,326

https://barracudachampionship.com/

Morikawa fav 12 on here.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan July 25, 2019 3:27 PM BST
KAYMER, BERGER, GRILLO, STRAKA and STEELE give it a lash for the first time Devil
Report Total Bosman July 25, 2019 4:45 PM BST
Hats off to any shrewdies who put their Jim Herman winnings straight onto Tommy Two Gloves
Report Catch Me ifyoucan July 28, 2019 10:03 AM BST
COLLIN Morikawa just a putt back from the Merritt
Report Catch Me ifyoucan July 28, 2019 10:04 AM BST
Troy had 2 eagles yesterday
Report Mighty Whites 2008 July 28, 2019 10:28 PM BST
any links
Report Hank Hill July 28, 2019 11:54 PM BST
criminal from Streb - 11 ft for eagle and 5 pts and comes away with 0 points
Report Hank Hill July 29, 2019 12:36 AM BST
Morikawa with a 1 pt lead - exciting finish
Report Hank Hill July 29, 2019 12:55 AM BST
eagle needed for Merritt to nick it now
Report Hank Hill July 29, 2019 1:02 AM BST
well done Morikawa - quite incredible him and Wolff have wins already.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com