Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Total Bosman
23 Jul 18 13:27
| Topic/replies: 9,761 | Blogger: Total Bosman's blog
As rumoured, acquired by Eleven Sports who will stream it online only.  Available for a free trial but that doesn't help anyone who wants to watch on telly, and a nightmare for punters who will be miles behind live action with the streaming delay on top of the usual coverage delay.  Real let-down for the final major of the year.

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 4  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 140
By:
GRANTCKING
When: 23 Jul 18 13:37
Laugh Eleven Sports, who???
By:
GRANTCKING
When: 23 Jul 18 13:38
the PGA really have had a nightmare with this, cant believe they wouldnt want it televised, some mug is advising them
By:
lewisham ranger
When: 23 Jul 18 13:45
thought last year they were thinking of selling it to twitter. no idea who eleven sports are either, but presumably for all the moaning we'll all be subscribing to them.
By:
Total Bosman
When: 23 Jul 18 14:12
They have also got the rights to La Liga and Serie A so they mean business I guess.  Think they are exploring getting regular channels up on sky etc but think PGA will be too soon.  I don't know what they paid but seems a strange arrangement for both parties- they are streaming on a free trial but how many golf fans will keep it going just for some foreign football, plus if we want to watch online coverage it's not exactly hard to find anyway.  And from the PGA point of view, I thought giving it to the BBC last year was about maximum exposure but this year they have ensured the exact opposite as they will lose all casual viewers who happened to stick it on because it was on the telly.
By:
Total Bosman
When: 23 Jul 18 14:22
Feels like both parties have overestimated the draw of the PGA - with the other 3 majors sport fans would go out of their way to find out how to watch, but probably not with the PGA.  So all they get is a tiny audience of hardcore (and annoyed) golf fans and I can't see how that does anything for the PGA or Eleven.
By:
GRANTCKING
When: 23 Jul 18 14:46
yeh I dont even think of the PGA as a major really, its more of a glorified tour event
By:
Total Bosman
When: 23 Jul 18 15:12
Certainly will be next year with the date change, part of the USP was the "last shot" branding, now it's just stuck in the middle of a busy schedule.  And if this situation continues next year might as well just call the Players the 4th major, similar strength of field and we'll actually be able watch it on the telly.
By:
therhino
When: 23 Jul 18 15:28
Don't fancy The Open to steal the glory's last shot line TB?
By:
Ski-Wiz
When: 23 Jul 18 18:21
PGA isn't a major in my opinion. More related to PGA Tour as opposed to an international event. The 4th major needs to move to the UK and not links courses.
By:
1st time poster
When: 23 Jul 18 18:55
WTF,S GOING TO GET INVOLVED WITH LIVE streaming for events covering 6 hrs of sport
By:
1st time poster
When: 23 Jul 18 18:58
for anyone not involved betting in running and wanting to avoid 4 hrs of coverage,umpteen adverts and harmon dissecting tigers swing for the 10th thousand time.avoiding the result and watching 2hrs bbbc highlights is the way to go for the best coverage
By:
donny osmond
When: 23 Jul 18 19:02
champions league and europa was free online from bt sport, and miles behind

why not just stream it off pga website , although the amount of adverts they have on there
it would probably crash the internet.
By:
GRANTCKING
When: 07 Aug 18 11:59
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/golf/article-6034553/Eleven-Sports-NO-advertising-USPGA-Championship-just-TWO-DAYS-go.html

LOL
By:
ian merseyside
When: 07 Aug 18 15:57
Are the BBC showing any highlights?
By:
twizzle22
When: 08 Aug 18 09:01
Anyone risking signing up with this lot...free 7 day trial and you can cancel at anytime.I'm suspicious it wont be that easy to cancel though or am i being too cynical?
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 08 Aug 18 12:35
So exactly, what is the best way to watch this please
By:
ian merseyside
When: 08 Aug 18 14:52
I doubt they will last as long as Setanta did. What's the point of paying for a service that is only available online? They haven't been able to secure a channel on Sky platform yet.
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 08 Aug 18 15:55
How to watch the US PGA Championship for FREE
For the second year running, you will not be able to watch the final Major of the year on Sky Sports the BBC or Eir as online streaming service Eleven Sports have snapped up this year’s rights.

The first two rounds will be shown live on Facebook through the Eleven Sports UK page, and all four rounds will be live on the Eleven Sports website.
All four rounds (9th – 12th August) will be shown LIVE and free of charge through a 7-day trial on the Eleven Sports’ online platform, on iOS and Android mobile and tablet apps.
The first two rounds (9th & 10th) will also be streamed for free on Facebook LIVE through the ELEVEN SPORTS UK page. See Full schedule below.
Eleven Sports say at least eight and a half hours of live coverage will be shown each day and highlights will be available on the website too.

Full details of live coverage
Thursday 4pm-7pm: Featured groups; Eleven Sports website, mobile and tablet apps, Facebook Live
7pm-close of play: Full coverage; Eleven Sports website, mobile and tablet apps, Facebook Live

Friday 4pm-7pm: Featured groups; Eleven Sports website, mobile and tablet apps, Facebook Live
7pm-close of play: Full coverage; Eleven Sports website, mobile and tablet apps, Facebook Live

Saturday 5pm-close of play: Full coverage; Eleven Sports website, mobile and tablet apps, Facebook Live

Sunday 5pm-close of play: Full coverage; Eleven Sports website, mobile and tablet apps, Facebook Live
By:
sewter lives again
When: 08 Aug 18 19:46
PGA have surely massively misjudged this-I will not be watching it

I would hope this is a very expensive failure for Eleven sports
By:
xmoneyx
When: 08 Aug 18 22:06
after pga it will be called zero sports
By:
TheAnorak
When: 09 Aug 18 11:43
Even the PGA don't seem to know who they sold the rights to, as the the Pgatour website broadcast schedule shows six hours coverage each day on Sky Sports Golf!

The Elevensports 'free trial' looks very dodgy and I suspect that somewhere buried in the T+C it will tie you in to a 12 month deal. You don't pay over a million for something and then give it away for nothing.
By:
xmoneyx
When: 09 Aug 18 11:55
7 day free trial is £5.99 ties you to year contract £49.99 if you don't cancel in time
By:
jedi sophie
When: 09 Aug 18 12:03
Guys
Ive just signed up there, NO CHARGE as long as cancel before the 7 days are up.
All seemed very professional and above board.
Just awaiting the stream starting shortly i hope...
By:
jedi sophie
When: 09 Aug 18 12:04
Received email confirmation and shows £0.00 charged as long as cancel on or before 15/8/2018.
Worth 5.99 any way....imo.
By:
He's topped it
When: 09 Aug 18 12:05
Let us know if there are any adverts lol.
By:
jedi sophie
When: 09 Aug 18 12:07
Only thing on so far is adverts..
Need to await the golf starting as no idea how coverage going to play out....
By:
xmoneyx
When: 09 Aug 18 12:11
130 pm starts

featured groups no time yet
By:
xmoneyx
When: 09 Aug 18 12:13
currently on ipad  - just advertising

get back to you if I can get on my TV thru internet
By:
jedi sophie
When: 09 Aug 18 12:14
Right, on my Live NOW it was stating 12pm, assumed be some chatter or studio stuff possibly.
Not too worried until Rory JT Tiger out there.
Cheers X for now.
By:
He's topped it
When: 09 Aug 18 12:15
Let everyone know how the cancel goes. I did the same thing on amazon prime trial, when you cancel it keeps saying over and over again are you sure you want to cancel, 'Look at all these benefits....'.And that's Amazon who we all trust. Website will probably go down MonTueWed.
By:
jedi sophie
When: 09 Aug 18 12:18
As long as stream works and coverage is good im happy with 5.99.
NO other options really.
By:
He's topped it
When: 09 Aug 18 12:19
I know, it sucks.
By:
xmoneyx
When: 09 Aug 18 12:24
now saying featured groups 130pm
By:
Jack_Kray
When: 09 Aug 18 12:35
I'll check out the usual sources later and see if anyone has put a link up - I'd be surprised if the only way to watch it is to give credit card details to some online TV company.
By:
bobweenit
When: 09 Aug 18 13:11

Aug 9, 2018 -- 12:35PM, Jack_Kray wrote:

I'll check out the usual sources later and see if anyone has put a link up - I'd be surprised if the only way to watch it is to give credit card details to some online TV company.

jack they have 17 million customers there not gonna rob ya son

By:
xmoneyx
When: 09 Aug 18 13:29
fails so far

not accepted on my iPhone

need a special cable iPad to TV
By:
lewisham ranger
When: 09 Aug 18 13:35
look on the brightside, we are spared that awful "skycart", and grinning and smug nick dougherty Excited
By:
xmoneyx
When: 09 Aug 18 13:37
feature group on live now

no commentry- just a high frequency noise
By:
Alan.Partridge
When: 09 Aug 18 13:40
Has anyone else just got pictures of Tiger hitting on the range at the moment with no commentary and a real annoying beeping sound?

This is farcical beyond belief.
Page 1 of 4  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com