Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
These 315 comments are related to the topic:
Valero Texas Open 2018

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 2 of 8  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 8 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 315
By:
mr meagi
When: 19 Apr 18 22:21
'I lived in Central Tx for a while - allergy central sadly ....Hank Hill
I could listen to you, Hank, all day...Curran is heading into that weather tomorrow...'no chance' I will sell if I get 70's and make a few quid....God knows what the  Chinese guy will do...he looks too small to handle this place but then again ......does Thomas look like one of the longest on tour...hardly.Love
By:
Hank Hill
When: 19 Apr 18 22:47
I'd say Thomas must easily be pound for pound the longest hitter. I see we have potential thundershowers on Sat - let's hope not too much of a delay.
By:
mr meagi
When: 20 Apr 18 00:02

Apr 16, 2018 -- 4:28PM, mr meagi wrote:

There might be a slight early/late bias here but generally it will be 'Texas Weather'...you either take to this place or you don't.I cannot see an obvious favourite to hang your hat on...Can you? Here's  a local boy...runner ...as a buy-to-sell to start things off...he might run hot early.Abraham Ancer 240 €7.00  €1,673.00

Ancer -2  Finished 11th/Good Draw tomorrow....looking value now might be a  sell for < 50 tomorrow Cool GLTA!

By:
therhino
When: 20 Apr 18 09:08

Apr 19, 2018 -- 6:22PM, Total Bosman wrote:

Always impressive how a track with 4 par 5s and 2 short par 4s still manages to produce no entertaining golf whatsoever.

Best course I ever played was designed by the shark, so he knows how to design a course, but this one is a dog. Every year its boring this tourney.

By:
zafonic1515
When: 20 Apr 18 10:21
What was that Rhino?

Have you played Dornoch in sunny Scotland?

Fantastic.
By:
therhino
When: 20 Apr 18 12:04
Never been to Scotland. Nirwana in Bali is the course i'm referring to. I'll be in Bali in May and can't play it as it's closed for renovations cos bloody Trump bought it Angry
By:
Total Bosman
When: 20 Apr 18 16:27
When just about every preview suggested distance was a big advantage should really have known this would come down to a battle between ZJ, Ryan Moore and Ben Crane.
By:
DickTurpin
When: 20 Apr 18 19:24
Steven Bowditch actually WON this tourney.................
By:
mr meagi
When: 20 Apr 18 19:38
I think Derek Fathauer will give him a run for his money,DTLaughLaughLaugh
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 21 Apr 18 12:15
Ryan Moore 3    3    3    3    3    3    3    14/5    11/4    11/4    3
Zach Johnson 3    3    3    3    3    3    3    14/5    11/4    3    3
Grayson Murray 9    9    8    10    9    9    10    10    9    9    17/2
Andrew Landry 10    10    10    10    9    9    10    9    11    9    9
Martin Laird 16    16    18    16    16    16    16    18    14    16    78/5
Billy Horschel 20    20    18    20    18    18    20    20    20    20    22
Chesson Hadley 22    20    16    20    18    18    20    18    20    20    22
Keegan Bradley 30    28    33    33    25    25    33    28    22    28    31
Beau Hossler 25    28    28    28    28    28    33    25    33    28    33
Chris Kirk 25    33    33    30    28    28    33    25    33    33    35
Jimmy Walker 40    35    28    33    33    33    40    35    40    40    45
50's bar

Since 1922 there have only been 9 non US winners.....LAY LAIRD (& Hearn) Devil
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 21 Apr 18 12:32
OTHERS with the weekend off.....
Bryan, Wesley
Knox, Russell
Kang, Sunghoon    
Na, Kevin    
Palmer, Ryan    
Percy, Cameron    
Piercy, Scott    
Rodgers, Patrick
Holmes, J.B.    
Kaymer, Martin    
Scott, Adam-    
Uihlein, Peter
Sharma, Shubhankar
Ogilvy, Geoff
By:
DickTurpin
When: 21 Apr 18 14:47
Added A Landry @11.........

Valero Texas Open picks :-

B Horschel @38
J Walker @60
K Bradley @85
K Mitchell @220
K Tway @150

A Landry @11

GL all................
By:
system99
When: 21 Apr 18 14:49
true to form...inspired last week, got the game by the boll@cks.

only for it to put me back in my box with a dire showing this week lol...
By:
mr meagi
When: 22 Apr 18 21:36

Apr 17, 2018 -- 11:27AM, mr meagi wrote:

Valero Texas Open - Top 40 (SB)  Kevin Streelman   11/10GLTA!

Streelman -10  T 7th
My 'largest' bet this week, Happy Days!CoolHappyLove

By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 22 Apr 18 22:44
Is the fat LAnDrY singing Devil
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 22 Apr 18 23:31
Joaquin Niemann and World #1543 made his professional debut with a sponsors invite - he birdied his final three holes en route to a 5-under-par 34-33=67 in the final round to reach 12-under 276, up five spots to solo 6th and earning a top-10 exemption into the Wells Fargo in two weeks.

The former #1 ranked amateur in the world had a memorable debut among the paid ranks, tallying 21 birdies, currently T2 in that stat, against seven bogeys and one double. After kicking off in 72-70-67, he began T11 on 7-under, one shy of the overnight T10.
The 19-year-old hit seven (of 14) fairways and 13 greens in regulation, losing 0.563 strokes around-the-green but gaining 3.964 on approach. He squared two bogey-5s at 10 and 15 (3-putt from 43'2"), outflanked by seven birdies at 5, 6, 11, 14 and the hat-trick to finish. The data is really thin but early results suggest that driving is the best part of his game. The Chilean recorded 1.538 putts per GIR and 1.156 SG: Putting with 25 total putts. Overall, this was his 4th career TOUR start, bettering a T29 at last year's Greenbrier.
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 27 Mar 19 18:05
After three years of being played BEFORE the Masters, the [b]VALERO TEXAS OPEN (VTO) shifted back into its late April berth in 2016 to 2018 (was a natural break between The MASTERS and the build up for THE PLAYERS), and therefore received a lesser quality entry to the fields.
THE NEW SCHEDULE has this year's event taking over the role of the Houston Open as the lead-in event to Augusta National.[/b]

Total Bosman • July 11, 2018 1:05 PM BST .....Money talks, though and Valero got what they wanted. Like you say, though, the pros hate that San Antonio course and not sure many will see slogging it round there as ideal preparation for the Masters.

Rickie Fowler was one of just two golfers to qualify but not attend this week's WGC-Dell Technologies Match Play. Fowler finished third at this event in 2014 (Dove Mountain). However, he went 0-1-2 during his debut at Austin Country Club in 2016 and he hasn't returned since. Perhaps he found the course didn't particularly fit his eye. Another part of the equation is scheduling. Fowler has played the week before seven of the last eight majors. That means gamers should expect Fowler to make his tournament debut next week at the Valero Texas Open.

Adam Scott also qualified for the WGC-Dell Technologies Match Play but he's opted for rest and won't make the trip to Austin Country Club. The Aussie has always been one to play a tight schedule..."I have not scheduled a WGC because they don't fall in the right weeks for me." Scott has flip-flopped quite a bit over the years about his Major championship prep (whether he plays the week before a major or not). As a past champ at TPC San Antonio (2010) perhaps we'll see him next week at the Valero Texas Open. Devil
By:
Total Bosman
When: 28 Mar 19 16:33
Had a look at the tournament website for commitment announcements and looks like they are struggling a bit, Fowler and Finau are the headline acts (no mention of Scott).

Their latest press release was "5 major champions commit" but the 5 major champions are Els, DL3, Harrington, Glover and Kaymer.  Clutching at straws a bit.  At least Houston is back in the fall.
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 29 Mar 19 17:10
SERGIO SURELY
By:
Total Bosman
When: 29 Mar 19 23:25
No Serge, No Adam.  As expected, very few takers for Masters prep.  Think most would agree the schedule changes have mostly worked so far but this always looked the wrong event at the wrong time.

https://www.pgatour.com/tournaments/valero-texas-open/field.html
By:
DickTurpin
When: 02 Apr 19 15:31
2019 TEXAS OPEN PICKS :-

Billy Horschel @28
R Palmer @70
J B Holmes @75

GL if playing...........
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 02 Apr 19 19:54
OWGR #67 Dutchman Joost Luiten - received a sponsor's invite to play this week's VTO, having flown to Texas for the Match Play as the first alternate but nobody opened the door for him. Making his tournament debut this week, his trip won't be all lost now as he has the potential to play his way into The Masters. There are no alternates for The MASTERS so the final exemption into the tournament is reserved for the winner of the VALERO Texas Open. Worth Winning!
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 03 Apr 19 12:01
EARLY / LATE start might matter (depending on the wind strength on Thursday) so hold tight for the moment ?

Early boys - Steele, Streelman, Walker Hoffman, Finau & Baddeley.

Late boys - Horschel Kirk Plamer
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 03 Apr 19 16:17
Rickie Fowler and Matt Kuchar are among the 17 players in action in Texas already exempt for Augusta National.
Ryder Cup captain Jim Furyk OWGR #52 is the highest not qualified for The MASTERS as he narrowly failed to break into the world's T50 at the Match Play. He is great form having finished runner-up to Rory at the Players Championship. World No 54 Byeong Hun An, Andrew Putnam #55, Sungjae Im #57 and Abraham Ancer #58 are the next 4 highest-ranked players not in the Augusta field. World #67 Joost Luiten has been handed a sponsor's invite as he tries to qualify for his third Masters, while Ryan Moore at #87 needs a win to avoid missing Augusta for the first time since 2012.
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 03 Apr 19 16:32
Rickie Fowler 10
Tony Finau 16
Matt Kuchar 18
Billy Horschel 20
Jordan Spieth 20

Jason Kokrak 28 - not qualified for Augusta.
Jim Furyk 30 - not qualified for Augusta.
Sungjae Im 30 - not qualified for Augusta.
Lucas Glover, Byeong Hun An & Abraham Ancer 33's - not qualified for Augusta.

Lucas Bjerregaard & Ryan Moore 45
Hoffman, Li, Vegas & Luiten 50's
Devil
By:
fullback
When: 03 Apr 19 20:56
A man wouldn't know and a woman wouldn't tell ya......
By:
mengmeng
When: 04 Apr 19 08:17
small interest in Fowler this weekm just to keep inteested till next week, ,never really liked this event.
By:
therhino
When: 04 Apr 19 11:07
No one likes this event...
By:
lewisham ranger
When: 04 Apr 19 11:10
only bets so far, Spieth and stallings.
By:
therhino
When: 04 Apr 19 11:12
Having said that, late/early with a bit of an advantage in terms of the wind it seems so I'm cheering on Glover and Haotong, and made Curtis Luck a big winner cos an Aussie in Texas is kind of mandatory.
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 04 Apr 19 17:39
https://valerotexasopen.com/

TEAM.....
Rickie Fowler
Tony Finau
Haotong Li
Jason Kokrak
Ryan Palmer
Sungjae Im
J.B. Holmes
Adam Long
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 04 Apr 19 17:40
WEATHER FINE.. but thunderstorms/showers on Sat may disrupt play Devil
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 04 Apr 19 17:48
Li, JB, Long & Palmer out later on
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 04 Apr 19 18:07
HAS anyone mentioned Kevin Na giving this event a skip - after he famously recorded a ‘16’ at the par-4 ninth hole after struggling to free himself from rocks and underbrush – guess 8yo memories must still be fresh in his Lone Star State of mind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWTXoNzuk8c
By:
therhino
When: 04 Apr 19 21:06
Spieth -3. If he was to win this week Masters market would be blown up completely.
By:
Total Bosman
When: 04 Apr 19 21:16
Surprised he's not Masters favourite yet.
By:
lewisham ranger
When: 04 Apr 19 21:33
I know you are being sarcastic as usual TB but I've got a theory about spieth and why he peaks for the majors. Crazy

I think early in his PGA career he did much better in the bread and butter tour events but now his game is based around the majors and he peaks for them. therefore in the weeks going up to the majors he ups his work rate.

three weeks ago he would have missed that putt on ten
By:
lewisham ranger
When: 04 Apr 19 21:40
having said that he just murdered a wedge into the green on 11.

I think if you did back Spieth now for the masters it's a good trade as if he shows any form here his odds will come in, and even if he doesn't I can't see them coming out much and a lot will want to back him on the week, given his history at the course.
By:
Total Bosman
When: 04 Apr 19 22:00
I've always kind of wondered what what "peaking for the majors" in golf really means?   Obviously applies to scheduling in the run up to the majors to avoid fatigue but not sure it applies to performance in the events they play, because, unlike an athletic event, it takes no more energy or effort to do well than badly.

So you might have, say, Chris Froome riding an event 6 weeks before the Tour De France but not trying to win as the aim is just to get miles in the legs to prepare for the Tour but not to go into the red in an effort to win, but I don't think you'd ever have golfers not giving their best in events because they are saving themselves for the majors.

I know what you mean that the Masters upcoming might have focussed his efforts a bit more and that might be why he's playing better today, but his results, performances and stats have been SO bad it would still be a remarkable (but not impossible) turn round in fortunes to go from where he's been this season to winning the Masters.
By:
Total Bosman
When: 04 Apr 19 22:09
To be fair, even in a poor season last year his performances in the majors was on average better than his performance in regular events, so I take your point.  But the performances in the regular events this year has been so much poorer this year than even last year that the amount he needs to raise his game by for the majors has grown considerably.
Page 2 of 8  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 8 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com